NARS Cosmetics Radiant Creamy Concealer

NARS Cosmetics Radiant Creamy Concealer

4.1

on 8/10/2018 7:41:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Cool

Finally found a under eye concealer that doesn't crease like crazy. I dislike the doe applicator as it applies the product too heavily. I dab some on the back of my hand and use my ring finger to apply to under eye area. Blends easily and can be built up to full coverage. I use vanilla as it fair with a pink tint. Once set with powder lasts all day.

on 6/1/2018 4:04:00 AM

I give this product 5 stars for the following reasons:
1.) Matches my skin tone perfectly
2.) Rarely creases
3.) Affordably priced
4.) Easy to apply
5.) Blends well with foundation

on 5/27/2018 5:15:00 PM

Don't love packaging but OH MY WOW is this concealer amazing. I have bad, bad skin, like, going-on-Accutane-soon bad. This concealer sits SO WELL (atop a primer but even without) blends so easily is pretty damn full coverage and is the best product I've ever used. Only downside is that it's expensive, and doesn't come with tons of product (and with skin as bad as mine I practically use it as a foundation layer lol)

on 5/11/2018 6:33:00 PM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Neutral

(Original post 12/01/2017) Although I never buy cosmetic products in a "tube with a wand" packaging (apart for mascara,obvsly), being a germaphobe that I am, I finally gave in to the Nars. The reason - me being very pale and neutral (around NC10) and them carrying the Chantilly shade. Finally I found a purrfect match that I can use as is, hurraaah! So, shade-wise it is very desaturated and neutral beige - imo nothing yellow or pink in it. And unlike my (still HG) undereye concealer by La Prairie in 1 which is a *very* fair pinkish shade, good for color-correcting the under-eye blue circles but alien anywhere else on my neutral complexion. I guess this is actually the first concealer *ever* that is fair enouph for me and saves me from all the fuss of mixing shades or color-correcting with another product. Its neutral beige shade and opacity nicely cancel the red tones of blemishes/ irritation.
Coverage-wise, the Nars is imo easily buildable to full coverage. Never oxidises, barely (if at all, actually) separates on the oily parts of the face even after long hours. Doesn't accentuate/dehydrate further my dryish cheeks. Doesn't irritate my extremely sensitive skin *at all*. And doesn't AT ALL make me break out. Goes very well with my powder foundation. A possible downside (not for me, though, as I'm very ok with specific-purpose products, also the Nars lacks the color-correcting shade tinge) is that I do agree with those who say that it doesn't work well for under the eyes - I do find that for my thin and dryish skin there the Nars looks unflatteringly dry. I also love that it doesn't feel silicony/slippery/oily (which is maybe why it is too dry for my under-eye area). So, all in all this is my new HG concealer for blemishes.
I even feel bad for my Becca Ultimate coverage which is very different in texture to the Nars and in a full-workday-test performs worse than the Nars; but they should have made the Praline shade fairer, so blame's on themselves. I'll now have to figure out how to use it up - maybe in the summer, as imo it runs in-between the Nars Chantilly and Vanilla.
All in all, i’d give 5+ lippies to the Chantilly shade used on the face.
(Edit 05/11/2018) for my under-eye area: I got really tired of using 2 products for my extreme blue under-eye circles (either la Prairie in #1 and 2, or LP in #1 + a “beige” topper like a nice but slightly creasing Clarins in its terrible messy wasteful tube), and I decided to try the Vanilla shade. Its pinkish undertone and excellent opacity cancel my blue under-eye circles *perfectly* :) And its cool nude shade well works alone, without any additional “beige” product on top (unlike the LP in #1), which streamlines my routine immensely. So, for the under-eye area, color- and coverage-wise it is pure perfection! (btw, for the face, it is much too dark for nc10) However, it is dry! A *very* emmolient moisturizer is a total must, otherwise after several hours the under-eye area starts looking and feeling very dehydrated, which is when it accentuates every line and wrinkle. But with a very good moisturizer underneath it performs beautifully and without creasing (i don’t use setting powder). It doesn’t work with just any emollient moisturizer tho (might peel or break), so finding the right one is quite as task. I still haven’t found the perfect one, so I can’t name the Vanilla my HG :( Even contemplating getting back to the bothersome and expensive but effective LP+ double-layer routine... :(((
Also, both shades have quite a natural, skin-like finish, neither truly matte nor luminous (+- same as LP, but more matte than Mufe ultra HD and the Clarins tube). The application: for blemishes any brush I tried worked great, my favorite are Mufe lip brush (I love the retractable one) for precision and #216-like for sheerer application and larger areas; for under the eyes the finger works surprisingly better than a brush :)

on 2/2/2018 8:56:00 AM

Skin: Normal, Fair, Warm

Hair: Brown, Straight, Coarse

I decided to try this based on reviews here. I am not a Nars fan in general. I got the smaller size and I really love it for concealing under my eyes. I am late 50's, dryish skin, not very wrinkled, NC15/20 and I got Custard which I thought would be too dark but it's fine. What I love is that this never creases or settles into crinkles. The coverage is not completely opaque, but my dark circles are pretty bad and this is prob a more natural look than a masklike coating.

The other thing I love is that I use a variety of primers and fdtns since my HGs keep getting d/c and this is amazing with every single one of them. As foolproof a concealer as I have ever found. Will def repurchase.

I first used this concealer with a full face of foundation, & truthfully didn't care for it. It just didn't wow me, especially for the price. It sat in my collection for awhile- and I decided to try it out with a more natural face. Some days, I like to look more natural (though I love full out glam most days ❤️) I honestly had troubles finding a concealer that didn't look obvious under my eyes. My skin is clear, and I have tiny under eye circles- but I have blue veins under each of my eyes. I've had them for years, and they have always made me self conscious- they're easily covered with a full face of makeup. This is the only concealer that looks flawless under my eyes. It brightens, covers the blue veins & just looks beautiful. I use a damp beauty blender to blend it out. Considering no laser place I've gone to will zap these veins (they're to close to my eyes) I'm really happy with how this looks :) not sure why this doesn't work with any of my foundations - but I'm not complaining.

on 12/8/2017 2:33:00 PM

This product is kind of pricey for a concealer, sure - but a tube also lasts me about a year, so it ends up being a really good value. I use Chantilly, which is a great match for my pale NW15 skin. It doesn't cover my under-eye circles but they are the dreaded genetic shiner variety and quite honestly nothing will cover those. I use it for an all around concealer/brightener, and it has a nice texture that looks natural.

NARS is cruelty free, although they've just expanded into the Chinese market which requires animal testing - so I'm not sure that they will be able to retain that distinction for much longer.

Hair: Red, Wavy, Medium

I have tried numerous concealers for under eyes, and this one has to be the best I have used. The price is steep and scary but completely worth it. It is so creamy and just thick enough to provide coverage, but you don't feel it on your skin. It takes seconds to blend and lasts all day on me. I had originally got the mini version to "try", and I used the entire thing up, which is so rare for me. I would recommend just taking the plunge and buying the full size, I don't think you will regret it. It truly works wonders.

on 11/7/2017 7:40:00 PM

My under eye circles are really bad and I belive Ive tried almost everything out there. Thanks to a girl at Sephora i tried pairing this concealer in Vanilla with a peach corrector fr.o.m. Becca cosmetics and together they work wonders for me. Love this stuff.

NARS Radiant Creamy Concealer is my HG concealer. I’ve tried numerous drugstore & high end concealers however they either are cakey, too dry, too oily or crease easily.

This concealer is amazing. The texture is very creamy, opaque & isn’t too thick. It glides on the skin beautifully, I use the Real Techniques Expert Concealer brushes to apply both under my eyes & on any blemishes. I notice if you apply too much product, it can get cakey so I recommend only using a small amount!

I purchased the two shades Vanilla & Chantilly as I wasn’t sure what would suit my fair skin. Vanilla is slightly too pink but I’m able to it use it for red areas or blemishes on my face. Chantilly is a touch too light for my skin tone, so it’s perfect for under eye highlighting. I usually set my under eye area with Laura Mercier Secret Brightening Powder however it doesn’t crease even if I don’t use it.

NARS Radiant Creamy Concealer is one of the staples in my makeup collection. Vanilla is just a tad too pink for me but the Chantilly is perfect. I 100% would re purchase!