NARS Cosmetics Radiant Creamy Concealer

Filtered by skin tone : Medium
NARS Cosmetics Radiant Creamy Concealer

4.1

on 5/8/2013 11:14:00 AM

Beautiful pigmentation and brightening effect, but definitely creases and gets powdery after a few hours. I purchased in Custard for my C4/NC30ish light tan Asian skin. It has a thicker whipped consistency and applies smoothly, best applied with the applicator and patted in with index finger I found. Sweeps around the nose and laugh lines really do brighten the face with radiance and I love that there is NO shimmer, it is just some magic quality to the pigmentation that really brightens. However, it creases throughout the day and after a full day at work, it looks dry and patchy. It does truly make me look flawless the first 4 hours though, so it will be my go-to when I only need to be out for 4 or less hours, lol.

on 5/7/2013 10:20:00 AM

This is a good one. Hides dark circles, dosen't crease, look cakey or settle into fine lines, a must at my age (56).It's easy to choose a concealer when your young but when the fine lines and wrinkles set in it's a whole new ball game Another thing that I just love about this is if I need to, I can LAYER it and it still dosen't make my fine under eye lines look bad.This concealer , EL double wear and origins Quick! hide are the three best I've come aross for my mature skin.I have this in Custard and I'm nw 15-20.It is yellow toned , but more of a beige yellow. I usually prefer pink toned concealers but I seem to be able to carry this off.I only use this under eyes so can't comment on blemishes.The only reason I've given this 4 lippies is I don't like these sponge applicators.But I would buy it again as it's a very good product.

I have found my HG concealer. I have tried them all! I am Mediterranean with dark circles since I was born, I promise. The problem with getting old is to find a compromise between cover and fine lines. And this is what Nars offers. Don't look for a full coverage, but expect medium without creasing. After 10 hours it stays in place without a single line. I don't powder as this technic doesn't work for me. No need with Nars. If you have been trying with MAC studio fix only getting disasters or you are tired of concealers that last one hour, this is yours. I love it!

Skin: Oily, Medium, Not Sure

Wow!!! This is my hg concealer. Just incredible product. I am an mac 30 and honey is a good match. Go and buy it now!!!!!!

on 3/26/2013 12:08:00 PM

Skin: Combination, Medium, Neutral

I have a concealer problem - I love them, I want them all. I have SO many from drug store to extremely high end $$. If there's one thing I know, it's concealers - and WOW this is amazing. I have it in light and use it for under the eye. Its very pigmented, blends like a dream, and leaves a lightly matte finish, but not chalky matte, just clean non-oily skin matte. It is thick, so if you're not used to that or not experienced with concealers, you could get frustrated.

Make sure your put on eyecream before, make sure the skin is hydrated. And don't be afraid to layer - you can put on a stick concealer (like cle de peau, tarte, etc.) then dab the NARS one on top and blend out with a damp beauty blender. Once you are OK with the look and the level of coverage, you have to SET it with powder. I use Ben Nye Banana powder and a velour puff. If it looks cakey, dab a tissue under the eye (dab, don't swipe) to remove excess powder / oil.

In summary - I love this concealer. The pigmentation is amazing, and I actually love how thick it is. Even with just my ring finger it blends perfectly.

As for the term "radiant" I'm not sure how radiant it is because I don't feel like it gives a glow effect, at least the light color doesn't on me. No complaints though!

Skin: Sensitive, Medium, Warm

Not brightening on me, but dark enough to cover circles and tone down redness. I have this in biscuit, which is a touch too yellowy but works in the tiniest smidge in the deepest area of my dark circles and doesn't require another shade of product to blend over the rest of my face. Chanel and Armani are HG concealers but require more blending into the rest of my coloring. I break out easily so a product I can use just under my eyes gives the rest of my face a break. I keep this in my bag for touch ups and use Armani Maestro fndtn in 6.5 under my eyes (which is a tad lighter than the Nars). I am happy with the packaging as it is not runny and I can spot use, keeps in my bag with no spills. Very hard for me to find a concealer that is dark enough and thick enough to calm my darkness and redness without being too bright or light. This fits the bill. 4/5 only BC of some ingredients and waiting it out on my skin.

on 3/15/2013 5:02:00 PM

I think I found my HG under-eye concealer. I am 37 and recently developed quite bad under-eye circles and puffiness that make me look really tired and sad. I started looking for a higher coverage as my Clinique Airbrush concealer was not cutting it anymore. I tried high coverage stuff from Lancome, Estee Lauder, MAC, Vichy Dermablend, Soap and Glory, Bobbi Brown. etc. All of them vanished within a couple of hours. I love eye makeup and especially quite dark smokey eyes and it really looks not quite right with a weak concealer. Enter NARS Radiant Creamy Concealer. It is the best, most long lasting concealer I've ever had. Very pigmented but not at all cakey or patchy. Stays on without creasing or budging or fading until I remove it in the evening.

I played with it until I found the best application:

* It requires a fluffy blending brush to work the product in. Circular blending motions and no dragging or patting. Fingers somehow don't work with this concealer. It is better if the hairs are natural. Synthetic brushes don't work as well. I use Smashbox blending brush or MAC 224 and use the tip of the brush only.
* You need to start with the least amount possible. Only build coverage in the area where you need it most.
* Don't powder it over with a setting powder or highlighting powder, etc. It looks horrible.
* If it is too drying for the under-eye, blend it with a very small amount of eye cream and apply with the brush.