NARS Radiant Creamy Concealer

Filtered by skin type : Other
NARS Radiant Creamy Concealer

4.2

Skin: Other, Fair, Neutral

This concealer is pretty amazing if you can find a color match..I have to mix Chantilly which is the lightest color with Vanilla which is the second lightest...which makes me wish the price wasn't so steep at $28 a piece. The first time I tried it I got just the Vanilla because I knew Chantilly would make me look ghostly because I use this as an undereye and spot concealer so basically I blend it into my whole face for an even look. Unfortunately Vanilla had too much of a pink undertone to it and I need more of a neutral or yellowy/beige tone for my skin. Needless to say I went back and purchased Chantilly to mix with the Vanilla hoping it'd lighten and neutralize the pink. I can't say its a spot on match but it's pretty great. I even got a sample of Custard to mix with the Chantilly and it was a bit too dark, I probably need about a 3:1 ratio with Chantilly being the majority but I'm still experimenting. It took me a couple tries to find the right brush to apply this concealer with. I really do not like doe foot applicators because they spread bacteria plus I always feel concealers that come in that style packaging are a waste because you can never get all of the product out in the end. I really wish this was in a squeeze tube but oh well.

Anyways I use my Sonia Kashuk flat top brush and dot the concealer directly onto the brush (since i mix the 2 colors I put them side by side or one on top of the other directly on the brush) then tap it onto the skin to blend in. I even use that method for undereyes...sometimes very light buffing. This method takes a lot longer than simply swiping the concealer directly onto skin with the doe foot applicator but the finish comes out beautifully and it gives me full coverage, no foundation needed. This stuff covers everything (active acne, acne scars, undereye circles, sun damage) and it doesn't take much!! If I'm in a rush I have from time to time just swiped the concealer right on and used my fingers to pat and blend it in but I found it looked really thick this way. Using a brush made the finish a bit more natural looking in my opinion because I use less product this way. Also I do recommend using a setting powder because it tends to separate or pool into the pores as the day goes on but nothing that a little blot can't help.

I will say my skin is very sensitive to any products i put on it. I'm super clog prone and I've never found a makeup product that has not clogged me. This concealer is no exception. I've been using this concealer daily since June and I do feel I've gotten more clogged pores from it due to the many types of dimethicones in it but no major cystic breakouts or rashes which a lot of other products cause for me. Its mostly my fault since I wear makeup daily but I'm more comfortable that way.

on 7/18/2013 1:13:00 PM

I am super-impressed by this concealer - mainly because as others have said, it literally lasts all day. I can even do a gym session at lunchtime, be covered in sweat and not need to retouch it - amazing. One benefit for me is that it seems to work well for both under eye and on blemishes. Often you're told you need two different concealers for these jobs which I resent as it is so expensive and I think unneccessary! I also use it around my nose where I normally get redness, on quite a large area, and it blends perfectly, even though I have somewhat dry skin.

on 7/9/2013 12:28:00 PM

I have a hard time with concealers because they are always off in color and never match my NW10 coloring ..... I love Kat Von D's Lock-It, however, the lightest color is way off ...... I love Missha's BB cream, however, because it is not readily available and I have to order from overseas, I am stingy and use it sparingly especially now since it started running out .......however, a few weeks ago I played around with Nars Radiant Creamy Concealer in their lightest color and decided to buy it after sampling some on my inner wrist, and I was surprised that when I used it on my face, it worked with my coloring, did not oxidize and covered a few dark spots on my chin as well as lasted until I washed it off. The formula is indeed creamy and easily spreadable ..... I only need to dip once and use that offering to cover my discolorations, then set with loose powder and I am good for the rest of the day ...... I am very impressed with this product, because it is a great color choice for those of us who are super pale as well as does what it is supposed to do ...... I will definitely re-buy. (I do wish that there was a color lighter than this though, as it still is off in coloring.)

on 7/2/2013 12:48:00 PM

Skin: Other, Other, Warm

The texture of this concealer beats the texture of all of NARS' old concealers, including the lipstick-style and the duo compact concealers, which I found to be greasy and "thin" in that they didn't provide enough coverage. This new creamy concealer is indeed creamy, and applies easily and offers more coverage while not settling into fine lines under the eyes as much. I'm not crazy about the doe foot applicator but it's a much better product so I'll put up with it. Right now I'm using NARS TM in St. Moritz and use Ginger (otherwise, I use Alaska TM and Custard when I'm lighter).

on 6/11/2013 3:43:00 PM

I used it as an under eye concealer and got a very bad itchy reaction. My eyelids became puffy and swollen. The coverage lasts for an hour ... going back to the store

on 6/7/2013 8:37:00 PM

Skin: Other, Olive, Not Sure

This has been my go-to concealer for a while now. The pigment and texture are just great . If I have one complaint its that coverage is only average. Overall, this is definitely one concealer that's worth a try.