Estée Lauder Double Wear Stay in Place Makeup

Filtered by age: 19-24
Estée Lauder Double Wear Stay in Place Makeup

on 12/20/2016 8:24:00 AM

Skin: Oily, Medium, Not Sure

After so long since i last shopped for foundation I finally got my hands on this! Didnt regret purchasing this one. I must say this beats my MAC prolongwear foundation. The E.L's promoter matched my shade using this particular detector and test it out with another shade to compare, and the shade detected was the one that matches me perfectly!
I applied it using my beauty blender and it's FLAWLESS. Don't really need much touch ups during the day except for my nose and forehead which is something i can't help. But last me throughout the day despite how busy I am with long working hours. Found my new favourite already that suits my skin perfectly. Got to try applying it with a brush someday and see how it looks like! The only thing that i do not like is the packaging; the product is kinda runny so it makes it a little messy when you wanna pour it.
011117 Scrolling through my past reviews and I feel the need to update about this. After some time I do not know why I feel its kinda ashy on me. Maybe i need to check out another shade, other than that it oxides pretty good but seems a little lighter when just applied. Aside from that, this foundation is gonna be great on oily skin. I'm a combination skin and really dehydrated skin, so despite my oily tzone I can see those dry lines. Nothing bad about it but I will use it often if I'm not lazy to skip on my moisturizer and sleeping pack at night! For those with dry skin probably need to mix it with moisturizer or something. And good news, it doesnt transfer on your clothes. Well maybe at least not as bad as my MAC.

on 12/10/2016 10:08:00 AM

Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Warm

Have been wearing this for years. I love it, my skin loves it. Doesn't break my acne prune skin out, covers all my blemishes. Definitely my HG foundation. Love the formula. Wish it had a pump. My skin is oily combination this controls it so well, lasts hours without breaking up. The longer i wear it the better it looks. I apply it with a beauty blender. It does transfer a bit which is the only downside for me. Will keep rebuying. Reference I am MAC NC20 and wear Dawn. Hard to take off but i use garnier marcelle cleansing water and it removes it perfectly.

Edit: Estee Lauder came out with a couple new shades including warm vanilla 2.0 which is a better match for my skin. Im in love all over again. There was a price increase from $38 to $39.50.

Skin: Very Oily, Medium, Not Sure

Working two jobs, sitting in an office with a phone constantly on my face, then working at an extremely high volume restaurant, this is by far my most favorite liquid I have ever used. I have extremely oily skin. Full, flawless coverage. I use the shade Tawny. I apply it with my beauty blender, or my BH cosmetics liquid brush. Seamless. I get so many compliments. Usually, after a few hours, I could take the back of my hand and wipe my liquid right off.

on 11/20/2016 10:10:00 AM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

Too bad it doesn't has pump :( the formula is very good, last all day even i don't using primer, full coverage, affordable price 👍🏻 i would recommend this Foundation. Don't forget to use moisturizer because it has matte finish. I use stippling brush to apply

My go to foundation. The coverage is great and it does stay in place, especially with the help of a setting powder. You don't need to use much of the product, a little will go a long way.

Only downside would be that it doesn't come with a pump.

on 10/29/2016 5:41:00 AM

Skin: Very Dry, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

I have quite dry and sensitive skin. I usually go for a lighter foundation but a small amount of double wear works really well for me. You can also build on your coverage, my go to on nights out. This foundation really does last all day. When being colour matched in Myer, I was impressed with the huge colour range available. The bottle in a little annoying to use, especially when low but it's packaging is quite nice. I paid $50, which I think is well priced for such a lovely foundation.

After years and years of searching for a foundation that would stick and suited my skin, I finally found Estee Lauder Double Wear and haven't looked back (apart from a stint with NARS AWLF which was awful).

I have combo skin, and whilst the foundation can stick a tad to the dry bits - I find a lot of foundations do this anyway - I can't really fault it in any other way. I'm colour Ecru, which can be a bit light on my skin if I have a tan going, but during the winter months its a good match.

The foundation is pretty heavy, but I don't find it cakey in any way. Apply in small amounts and build it up and you should be grand. I can wear it all day and not need to touch it up - I've even woken up in the mornings with it still in tact! If you want full coverage and endurance, this is definitely a winner.

on 10/2/2016 12:40:00 AM

This is seriously my HG foundation. I've tried soon many drugstore liquid foundations and BB creams (Revlon's Nearly Naked, Revlon's ColorStay, L'Oreal's True Match, Garnier's BB Cream, Maybelline's Dream Fresh BB to name a few) and I barely liked them. I have really super extra oily skin so in just two hours my face became a disco ball with these foundations and bb creams. I really thought my disco ball face had no remedy so I continued using drugstore foundations and had to blot one or two times daily. But... One day I opened some drawers from my mom's restroom and I found Estèe Lauder's Double Wear foundation in Sand so I gave it a try. It was a lighter shade than my face but omg I loved it instantly! I seriously looked like if I was photoshopped but without looking cakey. I went to school that same day and outside was so hot. "My face is going to melt down and I will look like a hot mess" I thought. BUT NO. LIKE WTF. The foundation held my makeup for freaking 8 hours!!! And even when I arrived home, my face was almost flawless! I was so blown away. No other foundation has done that to my makeup.

Since I was using nonstop my mom's foundation, she made me buy my own bottle. I bought Desert Beige which is a bit darker than Sand. So oily girls, please please please give this a try if no other foundation has worked for you. It has full coverage and it will hold your makeup for a long time. You will notice some oil in your face as time passes but instead of looking a mess, you'll look dewy. I'm in love!

Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Warm

Hair: Brown, Wavy, Other

*lengthy review warning, lol*

This is my first HE foundation. My skin is so annoying that I've been afraid to commit to something expensive since nothing seems to work with my skin type AND match me colour-wise. I just didn't want to spend tons of money just to be disappointed yet again. But I finally took a risk, and you guys... This stuff is so bomb.

I've been looking for a foundation for my combo skin (w/ super greasy t-zone) that won't just slide off of me, get so shiny I look wet, break me out, or rub off around my nose (I have chronic rhinitis and have to use a lot of tissues) - and let me tell you... This stuff covers all of my issues and will. not. budge.
It feels as light as water on my face. Seriously, I feel like I'm hardly wearing any makeup but it somehow it still covers EVERYTHING and makes me look photoshopped, but not cake-faced. It looks like real skin, but perfected. Powders apply nicely overtop and don't go patchy when I blend them out. It doesn't gunk up in lines or pores. It hasn't broken me out yet. Keeps me matte. The colour doesn't oxidize one bit. And IT MATCHES MY SKIN TONE! This is so hard to find when you're fair-skinned because almost everything I've tried shows up soooo pink on me.
Packaging is ok, it's a screw top bottle that you just pour out. Pretty basic.
Price is $46 CAD which is a lot for me personally but the product is so perfect I don't even care.

Just so you know with the following fdtn routine, the other day I only started to get shiny after ELEVEN HOURS. Here it is if you're curious:
Hourglass veil mineral primer followed by EL double wear (applied with blending sponge). The concealers I use are boo-boo cover up & maybelline dream lumi touch. I set the under eye with Joe Fresh loose powder. Face powders are Laura Mercier translucent loose powder for baking and Flower powder trip for buffing out. Depending on my day, setting spray is UD all nighter (longer days) or Hard candy fast & fabulous (shorter days/when I need more moisture)
These products work amazing together on my skin. My dream team.

Hope this essay of a review helped someone!

Skin: Dry, Medium, Not Sure

I am so in love with this foundation!! I have used so many different foundations high end to low and this is by far the best. It is extremely full coverage and looks so natural especially when used with the beauty blender. Other foundation I've used look amazing at first but throughout the day get patchy and make my skin look blotchy. I've never had that problem with this foundation. Even though humidity (or sometimes tears) this product stays on!! Since it is a very long lasting foundation it can be difficult to take off completely. You have to make sure you completely remove it or else it will stay in your pores and eventually break you out but this will happen with any product. I use a makeup wipe followed my miscellar water until nothing is left on the cotton pad then wash my face. With this routine I never break out abs have flawless skin everyday.