Estee Lauder Double Wear Stay in Place Makeup

Filtered by age: 19-24
Estee Lauder Double Wear Stay in Place Makeup

Hair: Red, Wavy, Medium

I purchased this product after doing what felt like months and months of research for THE perfect foundation for oily skin (which I thought I had but more on that later.) I have no doubt in my mind that it would work for those of us who can wash our faces in the morning with a fantastic cleanser but around 3pm look like an oil-slick mess because it does have great coverage and staying power, plus it's about the same price for other more high-end foundations like tarte. In that regards this foundation is fantastic and I would highly recommend you take a trip to your local counter to get color matched.

However, during my researching I learned that they way I was taking care of my skin was all wrong, I wasn't moisturizing, I was using the wrong kinds of cleanser, it was bad. After doing a major overhaul of everything I thought I was supposed to be doing with my skin I found that my skin is more on the dry side of things, very dry on most days, but like a lot of people I do get a little oily in my T-zone during the day but nothing a good dose of setting powder in the morning after my makeup application can't control.

That being said, in admittedly a very ramble-y way, if you have dry skin I do not recommend this product. It sticks to all the dry patches and settles into the all the wrong places making it look patchy and honestly, terrible, even after switching up application techniques (the best way I've found to apply without so much patchiness is with a damp sponge, I use the Real Techniques one.) I've been trying very hard to use this foundation since I paid over $40 (with tax) but it breaks my heart that it doesn't work for me. I'm going to try a moisturizing primer and see if that helps but I may just put it aside and save it for the summer when things are a little more humid. Overall, not really that crazy about this foundation and I'll be purchasing something else probably sooner than I can get through this bottle.

on 11/9/2015 2:05:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Medium Brown, Warm

Hair: Brown, Kinky, Fine

It's with a heavy heart that I give this foundation 2 lipsticks.

The colour match is really good - although it took 2 visits to the Estée Lauder counter to get the correct shade. I love the flawless finish it gives and the staying power is very impressive.

HOWEVER.

Everything I wear it, I breakout in cystic acne bumps. I tried to convince myself that it wasn't the cause but after switching foundations and wearing no foundation base, I've realised that unfortunately this was the cause.

It's a shame.. But I've got to let it go :(

on 11/9/2015 1:43:00 PM

this foundation has the best coverge of all fondation i have used it covers all imperfections and i would have continued to use it if it didnt break me out like crazy so im sad cause i thought i had found my one but again need to search for another foundation ..

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Warm

Hair: Black, Wavy, Other

This foundation was specially recommended to me by the saleslady because I have lots of acne-scarring and tend to need higher coverage in a foundation and this foundation really does deliver in that aspect. It is high coverage while still feeling light on the face. It also really does stay in place all day and even didn't seem to come off when I was in the water. It also didn't break me out which was amazing because I have very sensitive, acne-prone skin.

That said, the reason why I gave this such a low rating is because of how cakey this ends up looking after 30 minutes. People have told me that I look much older with it and that it looks like I'm wearing tons of makeup even when I put very little on my face. Though i'm only 23, I easily look 30 with this foundation and it settles into any fine lines you may have on your face, magnifying them and making them more apparent. For the hefty price I paid for this foundation I was really disappointed that the finish looked so bad that even drugstore foundations would perform better.

I have tried everything I could from applying it with everything from regular foundation brushes to damp sponges and even the mac 187 stippling brush. But nothing has helped because I always come away looking streaky and cakey. I have tried applying it after a primer or with moisturizer underneath and even have tried mixing moisturizer into the foundation before applying it in order to make it lighter. But the end results have all been the same: Cake face.

I really cannot recommend this product to anyone.

I am quite fair so first off the lightest colour only barely matched me when I bought it which is fine but after an hour it had oxidised into an unpleasant orange colour that made the foundation look cheap.

on 7/13/2015 9:14:00 AM

I tried only sample of this and will finish there. I did not like the way it feels on my skin after applying. I have a feeling of dry skin and mask affect. I remove it straigh away. I like foundations which leaves skin with a healthy glow and natural but this one complitely does not match this. Maybe coverage is good, but i hate how it felt on my skin leaving me with the mask and uncomfortable feeling of dry skin.

I was so excited to try this foundation, I went and got a sample from the counter at boots and the woman was very helpful, I was so happy with my shade.
Took it home and tried it for a few days, absolutely loved it, I wanted for everyday wear.
It did become oily after a few hours and I literally couldn't touch it up as it went all funny on my face.
ANYWAY, because I struggle so badly with finding the right shade I decided to buy it. Big mistake. Before I even ran out of the sample and opened the main bottle my skin started breaking out, like BAD! It was so red and rashy and covered in spots. And I usually only get the odd one here and there.
I mean it was good but I can't imagine it is for everyday wear, very disappointed.

on 5/23/2015 6:34:00 AM

I have always loved this foundation for the full coverage which lasts all day and that it is one of the few brands that has a colour match to my skin tone. However, it made me break out and gave me the worst acne I have ever had. As soon as this foundation ran out I switched to Rimmel's Match Perfection and my skin cleared up right away. I've gone back to Double Wear a few times and every time my skin has had severe breakouts. I have heard from others that it is terrible for the skin and I completely agree. I also prefer foundations with a pump. As much as I love the coverage, it would be impossible for me to go back to this foundation.

on 4/12/2015 8:29:00 AM

Skin: Combination, Medium, Neutral

I really wanted to like this product but I didn't.
It was very drying on my skin and you could see the cakiness even though I hadn't used that much (when I applied this with a foundation brush). When I tried this foundation with a beauty blender it did apply nicer but it's not my cuppa tea.
Overall I wasn't crazy about this product at all...I'll stick to Dior star and Chanel perfection lumiere for my "high end" foundations.
My skins quite dry and I did not have a nice experience with this foundation, I personally wouldn't recommend this to anyone with problem skin because it doesn't go over spots and such very nicely in my experience. Sucks because I really wanted to like this foundation too! :|

on 11/25/2014 12:03:00 PM

Although I love this foundation simply because of it's staying power and how nice it looks on the skin, I wouldn't say for me its an every day foundation because on my skin I find it quite thick and in all honesty when I saw how thick it looked when applied onto my hand to swatch it I was quite horrified at how thick the texture was because I usually like thin based foundations but I will say if you are looking for a foundation to cover up any blemishes/scars/acne then this foundation is the one for you! I don't reach for it as much because I have pretty good skin anyways but like I mentioned it would be for people who have problamatic skin just not for me.