Estée Lauder Double Wear Stay-In-Place Liquid Makeup

Estée Lauder Double Wear Stay-In-Place Liquid Makeup

4.1

on 12/25/2016 2:31:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Fair, Cool

I had this one, i really wanted to love it, but no. Firstly, the bottle is such a mess. 60 euro foundation needs a pump. The foundation itself has extremely powdery consistency, it makes smears while blending. After a few hours it highlights my pores and other imperfections so bad and it also melts like crazy. Oxidize in 2 hours or less. This is just no.

on 12/17/2016 2:51:00 PM

Skin: Combination, Medium Brown, Not Sure

Great full coverage for those who are suffering with acne scars, but I hate that it broke me out every time after i used it.

on 10/21/2016 10:07:00 PM

Skin: Dry, Olive, Not Sure

I have bought this product before many times a few years ago and loved it so I am putting it down to buying it in a different country (or they have changed the formula) but it is so drying and sticks to any problem areas. It's very thick consistency which is obviously best for scarring and blemishes but actual active acne, stay away from it. It makes every little dry patch and lump and bump stick out. Was really hoping for something amazing, unfortunately not.

on 8/19/2016 4:29:00 PM

I got a sample of this as pictures on Instagram tagging it looked flawless. I never purchased and never will. The sample came in a pot that was supposed to last 7 days but I don't use much so it lasted over 3 weeks. Amazing coverage but once set with powder it started to sink. It clogged my pores and I broke out badly. It emphasised my pores and looked like soggy flour on my face when I added a sweep of setting powder. Can't comment on packaging as it was only a sample tub. Might work better with a setting spray but it's not for me.

Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Cool

Hair: Other, Curly, Fine

On the one hand, this foundation really does last ALL day. I don't look cakey, oily, and neither does it completely disappear after a couple of hours. But unfortunately, it's given me horrendous acne after a couple of weeks use. I've never had skin as bad as this, even as a particularly oily teenager. I can see how this is a 'holy grail' for people, but unfortunately, it just doesn't agree with my skin. Shame.

Pros:
Good coverage, hides SMALL, pin point acne scars perfectly, still need to use concealer
Price is okay
Long lasting

Cons:
Thick, and dry fast as hell... Which is pain in the ass to apply perfectly, even with damp beauty blender
Never use brush or fingers-- it wil become patchy and streaky; If really want to use brush, spray some Mac Fix+ on the brush and apply gently, DO NOT BUFFER... DO NOT USE OIL on the brush, it will break up the foundation
Tend to go patchy and cakey, make sure you exfoliate and moisturize properly... or it will cling crazily to those pesky dry patches
Finish is matt and flat
Kinda accentuate pores
Feels really tight, even on oily skin
Accumulate in pores within 2 hours, with/without primer
No pump, tend to pour more than you need.... LESS IS MORE, especially with this foundation...

------MOST IMPORTANT-------------
Be careful to touch/add concealer/liquid highlighter/powder when the foundation has set, IT WILL REMOVE SOME OF THE FOUNDATION, AND BECOMES PATCHY
Powder using puff is reccomended, GENTLY.... hell, you can get away without setting this with powder since it set fast and furious... :(
------------------------------------------

Based on the tons of cons and its fussiness, the long lasting factor is really isnt worth the trouble... Besides, living in hot and humid country, this foundation makes my face an oil slick and cakey mess within 3 hours...

I heard a lot of positive reviews from this foundation and i wanted to see what the hype was about. I love buying different foundations to find which works best for me.. Unfortunately, this foundation was just the worst. Its cakey and settles into my fine lines and pores. also broke me out on my chin and left flakes. If you have dry skin i do not recommend for you. That being said, this foundation is perfect for oily skin. On the other hand, revlon color stay is the exact dupe for this foundation!!!

Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

I had heard great things about Estee Lauder's Double Wear Liquid Foundation so when I found myself in need of a new foundation, I decided to give it a try. I started using it in January and as of April, my face broke out very badly, mainly on the right side of my face and jaw/chin area. I found this strange since I hadn't experienced these side effects in the first few months of use. As my skincare routine I was washing with Amore Pacific's foaming cleanser and using Ole Henriksen's Vit C Truth Serum. What upset me was that my skin was looking so good and up to this day I still don't know if I can fully attribute my breakout to the foundation, but I will say that I live in humid Puerto Rico, so the foundation was probably a little too heavy for my face, considering the steamy weather.

I loved the coverage and the way it flawlessly covered my acne and acne scarring along with the Estee Lauder Double Wear powder, but unfortunately I had to stop using it. I don't know if anyone else has experienced the same while using this product, but I also broke out in tiny bumps along with cystic acne under my cheeks. I am aware we all have different skin types so we don't always have the same reactions to things I have oily acne prone skin. I wanted to love this but had to stop for my skin's sake.

on 4/8/2016 11:12:00 PM

Skin: Combination, Olive, Warm

Think this gave me crazy blackheads. Didn't control oil and looked unnatural on my skin. Plus, it settling in my pores terribly. IDK maybe for a day where I'm only wearing it for a little bit it would be okay, but for everyday wear it's not that great. Plus it didn't even cover my acne scars which was surprising given the fact that this is constantly raved about for its coverage...

Skin: Very Dry, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

Let's talk about the pros of this foundation. It has a matte/demi-matte finish, very good coverage and an incredible staying power! So why am I rating this two lippies? Well, it clings to dry patches, highlights EVERY. SINGLE. HAIR. you have on your face and is extremely hard to remove. You'll have yo use an oil based makeup remover AND double cleanse to remove every trace of the foundation. It also broke me out; the mornings after using this I would wake up with those deep, painful cyst that would last for weeks. And do we want to talk about the packaging? Yes, it is beautiful and luxurious, but not practical at all! It's heavy, made of glass (so if you drop it it will break and make a big mess) and DOESN'T COME WITH A PUMP! I mean, no pump?? Come on!