Estée Lauder Double Wear Stay in Place Makeup

Filtered by eye Color : Brown age: 19-24
Estée Lauder Double Wear Stay in Place Makeup

4.1

on 6/12/2016 2:39:00 PM

I starting breaking out pretty badly lately and I decided to go for a full coverage foundation. This feels quite heavy to me but this is coming from someone who normally uses tinted moisturisers. I tried it on its own and it feels rather dry and cakey at the end of the day but it held up the entire day which was great. I tried adding a drop of oil and it was a little more tolerable for my skin. I know a lot of reviewers here said using a sponge wastes a lot of product but I like to sheer it out. Overall I think it's an awesome foundation since it lasts the whole day. However, I am going to stop using it for a while because it's making me break out even more. I have stopped using it for two days and my skin has cleared significantly. Also, another minus point is the packaging. It's 2016! You would think that they would come up with a better design like a pump or something.

Skin: Oily, Fair, Neutral

Hair: Other, Wavy, Fine

This is a nice foundation, but it seems to hate staying on . This makeup probably works best for people with normal and mildly oily skin. The finish is semi-matte and looks pretty flawless when it dries. For me though even with primer it starts to give shine in only 2 hours and creases under eyes/ and around lips (smile lines) ,its not the primer or powder since they work fine with other foundations.But i'd still use this sometimes because the color match is pretty close. For women/men with very oily skin i suggest you ask for a sample before buying. Using it with Milk of Magnesia on your oily parts will help it stay much better (of course, dont do it everyday) . If this works out for you, great, cause the price is quite reasonable for a high end makeup!

on 5/20/2016 9:13:00 AM

I have been using this foundation on and off again since high school. My skin used to be very dry, but is now combination skin. When it was dry, it looked absolutely perfect and the foundation really lasted! but now that I am older and my skin has a tendency to be oily now and again, the foundation becomes patchy only after a few hours and looks like it is cracking on my face. Don't get me wrong, when I first put it on it looks LOVELY! it looks flawless for 1-2 hours, but after that...nope. I wasn't a big fan of how quickly I have to blend it in either- and how if I ever tried to retouch, it would look ridiculous. So I have very mixed feelings on this one. Has perfect coverage and comes in a nice package, but really doesn't have much staying power.

Skin: Combination, Medium Brown, Not Sure

I'm contemplating whether to go back to this foundation. It can look great if you use it sparingly with a great moisturiser but you run the risk of looking cakey in my opinion. It also oxidises and goes orangey from what I remember. Will go in for a sample, I think my shade was called "cashew" but it was slightly too dark, I hope they've widened their shade range.

on 3/12/2016 8:52:00 AM

Hair: Black, Straight, Coarse

I was so excited for this as I feel this is almost "the" foundation that most people genuinely agree upon no matter they have dry/oily/mature/young skin. But i have to say I did not enjoy it very much.

I am totally for high coverage foundations, and I don't know if I am doing something wrong but no matter how I wear it, the texture of this after drying down just looks so gritty/rough and not smooth at all! Very cakey and thick looking. However It does even out the skin tone beautifully, covers redness/blemishes without an effort and the staying power is >6hrs on my none T- zone areas.

A comparable foundation with similar staying power would be the Shiseido UV protective liquid and I prefer the finishing on that one more than the double wear!

Skin: Combination, Tan, Warm

Hair: Brunette, Curly, Medium

This foundation leaves me feeling so conflicted... I absolutely LOVE the finish. It's full coverage and while it doesn't have a "no makeup makeup" look it definitely doesn't get cakey on my skin. It also lasts like no other foundation I've ever tried. I can apply this in the morning, go through my entire work day, and go straight from work to dinner or drinks out in town without worrying that my face has broken down. The cons are two big ones for me: firstly it has NO PUMP. For a foundation this expensive there is no reason it shouldn't come with a pump. If I can spend $5 on a foundation and get a pump I should definitely get one for $40. Also this oxidized on my skin like no other! And I mean orange beyond the point of any possible recovery, no matter how I set it or which powder I use. And I got less than half way through my bottle before the entire thing had completely oxidized. I'm very disappointed as I've always been careful not to leave the cap off or let it be exposed to the air too long. I basically can't use the foundation anymore despite there being loads left (unless I somehow turn into the color of a pumpkin, in which case the foundation will match perfectly).

on 2/24/2016 3:44:00 PM

Ehhhhh, Idk. I'm bummed because I seem to be the only one who is not wowed by this foundation. It definitely does have staying power but I feel that it is really heavy and feels almost glue like on my skin, it also has a weird fragrance that I personally dislike. I say if that's not an issue for you then go for it. I will finish the bottle that I bought because it's not awful it's just a bit too heavy for daily use.

on 2/7/2016 1:53:00 AM

Skin: Oily, Olive, Not Sure

I truly have mixed feelings about this foundation. First off, my skin is extremely oily, very mild acne (since I'm on prescription acne medication), mildly sensitive and an olive skin tone (think Salma Hayek or Eva Longoria). I have tried every and any foundation you could possible imagine: Tarte, Mac, Lancôme, Smashbox, Bare Minerals and Inglot. My main concern is to control oil and maintain a matte finish throughout the day. Now I know that foundation isn't magic and our skin will get oily regardless but here are the pros and cons of Estée Lauders Double Wear.

Pros:
Keeps your skin matte
Great coverage
Price is affordable (compare to $50+ foundations)
Does not break me out

Cons:
Foundations begins to separate and look like its cracked on my T-zone after a few hours
Colors are absolutely horrible for people with olive skin tone (yellow undertone) Any and every color I use is too pink/rosy
Need to mix two foundations for a good match
Hard to blend
Bottle is glass and doesn't have a pump

All in all the foundation does keep me matte and the coverage is great. Whether or not having a different colored face compare to my neck is worth it and it separating, I'm not entirely sure.

on 1/8/2016 5:22:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Warm

At the time, I was looking for something cover up my sporadic acne breakouts. I looked into this foundation and the new mac jacobs foundation which is also full coverage. On a slight note, I tend to wear satin finish and glowy foundations. I don't know what it is, I just like the look of glowy foundations over matte ones. This is quite matte and I thought it wouldn't look like a mask, but it really does. I think I felt uncomfortable as soon as I put it on. Maybe I wasn't use to the coverage as most of my foundations are light to medium. I really don't mind that my imperfections show through because it looks like skin. This was just too much for me. Also, my dry patches were quite obvious and it looked like a hot mess by the end of the day. I will not be going back to this foundation anytime soon. I think I just rather have foundation that doesn't cover as much, but makes my skin look alive.

on 12/16/2015 11:13:00 AM

Skin: Combination, Medium, Neutral

Hair: Black, Straight, Coarse

You get good coverage, any blemishes/marks disappear and this doesn't clog pores.

However, throughout the day the foundation changes colour (like a lot of foundations) but this turned really, really dark. And I mean so dark that my face was a different colour to my neck which was so frustrating.

To make things worse, this stuff rubs off on everything. Since using this, all of my tops have got foundation marks on it. I have used a powder to set it (mac, and then I ended up buying the estee lauder powder which was recommended to go with this foundation) but it still goes on everything.

I won't buy this again, but if you are after good coverage it's worth giving this a try.