Estee Lauder Double Wear Stay in Place Makeup

Estee Lauder Double Wear Stay in Place Makeup

4.2

Skin: Oily, Dark, Neutral

Hair: Black, Relaxed, Other

I love this foundation! I originally purchased EL DWL and it worked beautifully until my skin decided to become super oily. I needed something that wasn't going to move and remain incredibly matte until I took it off. Enter Double Wear! This stuff is so light, and does not move! I used a beauty blender or my hands (I def wash them first), and apply a small amount to a section at a time on my face. My complexion looks beautiful, healthy, and MATTE! It lasts all day!

The only con is the pump. It could def use a pump, but looking matte is way more important. This foundation is medium to full coverage, but has a satin like finish. As long as I'm not shining, I'm okay. I used a primer today, and the oilies were kept at bay. I def will repurchase this good stuff!

on 6/20/2014 12:19:00 AM

Skin: Acne-prone, Dark, Warm

Hair: Black, Relaxed, Coarse

I use the Double Wear foundation in Rich Caramel. I love it and I didn't even want to buy it but I just so desperately needed a foundation that didn't transfer all over the place on to the white pieces of paper at work and rubbing off on to light and white clothing. Fashion Fair offers beautiful foundation and powder colors now but their foundation is too transferrable on to things especially for this day and age so I bought the Double Wear from Estee Lauder. Sorry I didn't open my eyes to using this foundation from even before they reformulated it.

What a difference a day makes! It's been behaving on my skin very nicely and my skin is always breakout city in general but I haven't seen evidence of breakouts from using Double Wear at all.

My only issue is that it takes quite a feat to wash this foundation out of my foundation brush whereas other foundations are just far easier to wash out of it than Double Wear! That's why I wanted to give this 4.5 lippies but I can't, oh well! : )

I'm a MAC NC45, Bobbi Brown Warm Almond and Fashion Fair Butterscotch.

on 5/21/2014 5:35:00 AM

Hair: Blond, Relaxed, Fine

It stays on forever. Full coverage. Even builable. I could probably wear this for two days straight without it disappearing. Even on my really oily days, it's there all day and it does it's job while I do mine. It could only be better if it didn't come in a glass bottle without a pump.

Not suitable for those dry skin days though.

on 3/17/2014 10:34:00 AM

Skin: Combination, Medium, Cool

Hair: Brunette, Relaxed, Fine

I used to use old version Double Wear for 7~8 years.
It's really hot and humid in summer in my country so durability is most important to me.
after it's renewed I've never satisfied with Double Wear.
It's so sad that the company decided to discontinue the old formula..
I tried Repairwear laser focus from Clinique, was quite similar to old DW formula
so I'm gonna try that when I finish this bottle.

on 12/11/2013 9:36:00 AM

Skin: Normal, Tan, Warm

Hair: Brunette, Relaxed, Other

As a makeup artist, I am on the eternal search for an amazing foundation. I decided to try Double Wear Foundation in Honey. My skin is normal, however, I like a matte or demi-matte foundation and then I add my own luminators. At first, I loved the finish and coverage (which in my opinion is medium). After a few uses, I did not like the way my skin looked. It was dull and dry looking. The colour was a perfect match, but I didn't like the way it looked when you added more for a fuller coverage. On a side note, the newer formula has a better colour selection than the previous formula. I often mixed it with my MUFE HD foundation or Le Maquillage Pro makeup mixer to alter the consistency to my liking. That is too much work on a daily basis - especially in the morning - for me ;)

The price is reasonable, as it seems that it would last for a long time as you only need to use a small amount. I didn't mind that the bottle didn't have a pump as I use all my foundations from my hand anyway.

Overall, I do not recommend this foundation and I will not be repurchasing.

Skin: Combination, Olive, Cool

Hair: Brunette, Relaxed, Fine

Good colour match but breaks me out. Expensive mistake.

Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Warm

Hair: Brown, Relaxed, Medium

NEW FORMULA
I have oily and sensitive skin. This does not break me out or irritate my skin. Lasts for about 11 - 12 hours on my skin when I blot about once when I get too oily. Set it with my Mac Blot powder. Might spritz some Mac Fix Plus (I do this sometimes only) and the foundation looks as good as new!

Full coverage foundation. I use this with my beauty blender and it does not look cakey. Just do not pile on too much. Using a beauty blender gives me a flawless finish. This foundation does not dry up too quickly so you have time to blend it out. However I do recommend doing parts of the face one at a time just in case it sets too quickly.

I am NC 30-35 and I use sand for the inner part of my face and tawny around the perimeter of my face. Sand is a bit lighter than my skin tone and hence I use this to brighten up the inner part of my face (nose, chin, under the eyes, forehead). I then use tawny which is a bit darker than my skin tone along the perimeter where I would usually contour.

I do mix them both to get my shade if I want an even all over colour (when I want to contour with my Hoola bronzer). I use the ratio of (1:2 whereby I use tawny 1 and sand 2)

The only problem I have with this product is that this does not have a pump and hence is not that hygienic. If they are able to give a glass bottle for the foundation, how much does it really cost to add a pump in with it?

Other than that, I have no complaints. This reminds me of my Revlon Colourstay but I feel that this is so much better because I find that it is not as thick as Revlon Colourstay.

Will repurchase.

Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Neutral

Hair: Brown, Relaxed, Fine

This is my HG foundation! I got matched to the colour Ecru, which looks beautiful in every light. This stuff literally stays on all day! I apply it in the morning and it lasts till bedtime! Also it doesn't come off on your clothes, hands, nothing. Super fuss-free. You can go through your busy day and not even have to worry about touch ups. Also it eliminates my smile lines when every other foundation I've used exaggerates them! FABULOUS. And it makes skin look flawless! I can achieve fuller coverage with a brush and if I want a more natural look I use a beauty blender, but either way it makes my skin look so flawless. Covers redness easily :) the only slightly negative thing I can think of is the finish. It claims to be semi-matte, but I consider it to be super dewy for me, and my skin is not even remotely oily haha. But easy fix, I can just apply some powder :) love this foundation!

Hair: Brown, Relaxed, Medium

My face has the oily zone (Tzone), dry zone (around mouth), and normal zone (cheeks).

This foundation gives the most natural, beautiful coverage and finish on my normal zone for up to 12 hours. However, it slid off my oily area after 2 hours, and made my dry patches drier. I would consider giving this a chance again when i have good, normal, balanced skin. but not in the summer or winter when i have extreme types of skin.

Skin: Acne-prone, Olive, Warm

Hair: Black, Relaxed, Medium

Estee Lauder recently revamped the formula and also came out with new shades that have more of a warm-yellow undertone. I was matched to the shades, 2W2 Rattan & 3W2 Cashew mixed together, which suits my NC35 coloring but I didn't want to purchase both so I decided to get the lighter shade Rattan and just use a bronzer. Cashew I believe would be perfect for someone who is NC40 and Rattan would suit between NC25 - NC30.

I have very oily, sensitive, acne-prone skin and this is definitely a matte, long wearing foundation that can withstand humidity/heat better than any foundation I've tried. It keeps my t-zone matte reasonably, I only have to blot and powder by lunchtime on a working day and it doesn't aggravate my skin or cause breakouts but I have noticed slight clogged pores especially around my nose, but no breakouts.

It lasts beautifully, I've gone through a whole work day and into the night and I still have a relatively matte, concealed complexion, its amazing for its lasting power! I apply this with my fingers to warm up the product so that its easier to spread. If I needed to pick at something, it would be the application; Its not very "spreadable" and you have to buff it in fast, but as long as you get the hand of it, it looks flawless.

This does dry down a bit 'stiff' feeling. I can't explain it but you can feel it on your skin and it is not moisturising whatsoever. It feels very noticeable for me personally when I have it on. I was quite surprised when I used this for the first time, after reading so much reviews and watching people on YouTube applying this endless amounts of time, I expected it to be full coverage but it isn't. This new formula has a medium-buildable coverage and I needed to go over certain areas with more foundation or concealer.

Double Wear does have SPF and it unfortunately does flash back for me, so it's not the best for flash photography.

The packaging is classy with the gold lid and frosted glass but no pump which I'm not impressed with for a high-end foundation. I prefer pumps for hygiene so for the price I would expect one.

Overall, I'm happy that I picked this up as its fast become a favourite for extreme heat and humidity. I feel it is a bit heavy for my liking if I wear it all over so I like to use this exclusively in my t-zone to control oil which is works great for. Highly recommend you try this out!