Estee Lauder Double Wear Stay in Place Makeup

Estee Lauder Double Wear Stay in Place Makeup

on 2/17/2018 1:22:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Warm

Best high end long wear foundation ever! Love the coverage.

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Neutral

This foundation is fantastic. Makes my skin look flawless and without that horrible mask like look. Plus it lasts. This is my favorite "going out" foundation.

You do have to exfoliate well and moisturize before applying, that's for sure.

One problem is that I wish it came with a pump.

Skin: Very Oily, Olive, Warm

I always get the samples from the counter, I don't know maybe its because they never know how to shade match me or it doesn't blend well into the skin, other than that, the radiant finish is perfect and you don't need to set with powder because it sets into a powder finish. If the lady matched my shade right, I would purchase but I got shade matched 4 different times, and they were all different shades, and all wrong LOL. no pump and maybe im not buying this foundation because I don't trust them like r u srs gurl. do you actually not know my shade or do you just want my coint.

Its ok......I guess.....

EXPAND UR DAMN SHADE RANGE BICH WE NEED SOME DARKER SHADES,
like my girl said, RICH IN COLOR, RICH IN LIFE. - Patricia Bright

on 2/2/2018 5:17:00 AM

Double wear is the most amazing coverage, I struggled with a good color match. The new 3.15 Fawn is an exact match for my light / medium olive skin. I couldn’t be happier unless they start making in the nude water fresh.

on 1/31/2018 3:20:00 PM

Skin: Normal, Fair, Neutral

This is one of my all time favorite foundations. It covers everything and stays on all day. The only problems I have with it is that it can get a bit cakey if you put on a little bit too much, and the packaging is annoying, as it's really difficult to get the foundation out without spilling.
I have slightly oily skin, and it works wonders for me, so I'd definitely recommend it for my fellow oily skin people!

on 1/31/2018 1:44:00 AM

Skin: Very Dry, Tan, Not Sure

absolutely love this foundation. It's my all time favorite, and my go to foundation if I want my makeup to look flawless and last all day. My skin is quite dry, but this foundation does not cling to the dry patches nor does it make my skin look patchy. This foundation last all day, and does not get oily. The foundation sets well, and feels like skin. Not sticky at all, but not drying either. Even though this foundation is "double wear" it looks pretty natural on my skin. I like the packaging, but i would prefer if it had a pump. But it's not a problem, once you get used to it.

I was so sceptical of Double Wear, but holy heck am I hooked now! I
Pros:
Elegant packaging. I feel like a fancy b***h every time I pull it out of my makeup drawer (every single day, it's just so good)
The liquid formula isn't too thick. I prefer to roughly spread it over my skin before blending with my RT sponge, and I really enjoy the thinner consistency of this.
The coverage. I believe it's a a medium-full coverage foundation, but I typically apply enough for a medium coverage. It can easily be built to full coverage though. I think it looks pretty and skinlike, natural matte.
Sits well with my Tarte Shape Tape concealer (I use that for my eye area)
Has great lasting power. It doesn't seperate or slide off of my oily skin, and I can usually get 5-6 hours of wear before I want to blot. However, if I sweat for hours (as I do working with no air con this summer) I find it does tend to seperate.

Cons:
It's hella expensive! $69NZD and it's the most I've ever spent on a foundation.
NO PUMP. Sometimes it's just too easy to use too much of this liquid gold because it's so easy to pour onto your waiting hand (or brush, sponge, or even the bathroom counter, oops)

I'm now onto my second bottle (1C1 Cool Bone) and I have every intention to repurchase when I run out.

*Warning* If you live in Australia Estee Lauder have reformulated the iconic foundation and added SPF 10. I had been wearing this foundation for five years and it was the only thing I could put on my skin that would never break me out and lasted for 12 hours. I recently repurchased without knowing about the reformulation and the formula/consistency/feeling and longevity were completely different. When I put it on I thought they must've made a bad batch and I bought an unlucky bottle. I went about doing my face as normal. The coverage has been halved, product separates and disappears if any cream products are layered on top (concealer blush etc). Does not stick to certain areas of the face, will not layer, cakes and feels disgusting on the skin, before you could not feel it, and now it feels hot and heavy.
The worst part, after six hours of wear I come home and I have clogged pores all over my face. It managed to break me out in six hours! (my skin is really allergic to chemical spf, so all spf in foundation)
I'm devastated, I wish they bought out an spf version whilst keeping the orginal. It would've made much more sense considering how many people are allergic to chemical sunscreen

good coverage, good oil control, AMAZING lasting power. for the first time ever I can be confident that my foundation has not run by the 6 hour mark. im just kicking myself for not getting this earlier. for reference, I am pale warm toned and 1W1 is a good match. I mix it with a bit of 1N1 on days when I want a 'pinker' look.

on 1/19/2018 9:26:00 PM

Skin: Dry, Fair, Warm

I am not a full coverage type of person in general but I purchased this for travelling to humid destinations.
I have been wearing this for over 12 months and it's been tried and tested in Vietnam. This foundation really holds up in the humidity & stays in place all day. I wear it to the gym as well.
A little goes a long way and if you have combination or dry skin, you must moisturise well beforehand.
The color selection is quite good as well, with a choice of pink/neutral/yellow undertones available. Not having a pump on this foundation make it a bit messy. I don't use a lot when I wear this, so I scoop a little out with a spatula, but if you are pouring it out, you need to be careful.

I just wished this product was made by a cruelty free company. Once I finish this up, I will not be repurchasing as it is not cruelty free. Other than that, it is a very good long-wearing foundation.