Estee Lauder Double Wear Stay in Place Makeup

Estee Lauder Double Wear Stay in Place Makeup

Skin: Normal, Medium Brown, Not Sure

If you aren’t a fan of full coverage, don’t waste your time. I LOVE this product. The finish is beautiful and it is long lasting. Works best with a beauty sponge of your choice.

Skin: Very Oily, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

So disappointed with this....

Really needed a new foundation and was wanted something different to the one i have been using for years (Mac Studio Fix SPF 15) and really researched around.... I have really oily skin so wanted something that wouldn't slide off my face after a few hours and keep my makeup in place!

First off - this is expensive. I paid £32.50 and thats the highest i've paid for a foundation so had high hopes.

Dont get me wrong, the packaging looks fancy. It's in a really nice, glass clear bottle and looks good on my makeup desk! But it doesnt come with a pump and they dont even sell one seperatly. You waste sooo much product when you have to pour it on your hand (Also, it stains your hands for hours!!!)

Maybe i was putting it on wrong, maybe it's my skin, not sure...But it didnt look great at all. It's quite clay-like and has a pinkish tone. It's really thick but still managed to slide around my face and made me extremely oily.

I got my friend to try this who has normal-dry skin and she hated it, agreed it was like a clay mask and didnt like the tone of it.

There's better out there - i've gone back to my mac one and now used mac primer and the Becca Ever Matte Poreless Primer (AMAZING!)

Skin: Very Dry, Tan, Not Sure

Superheavy and sticky. I don't mind to spend a more money for makeup, but it does have to work properly!

on 3/30/2018 8:16:00 AM

This is my go to foundation! I have been using it on and off for nearly 5 years but I always find my way back to it once I have been 'tricked' by marketing to try another but they always fall short of this gem!
I have dry sensitive skin so I have to make sure I moisturise properly before applying, I use a damp beauty blender always, I don't get on with it much applying it with a brush, its quite thick.
The only thing if you have dry skin is that I can't use it under my eyes or on top of my lids (I realise its not a concealer) but would be lovely if it could do both as the coverage is just wonderful!
Its worth every penny, just be sparing with it.

Skin: Very Oily, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

i didn't buy it.I tried a sample and i didn't like it.Too heavy for me and expensive.if you are very oily,don't recommend it.The best foundation for me is L'oreal infallible 24.It doesn't stay 24 hours of course, only 3(at least for me) but it is cheap unlike Lancome and Estee Lauder which are expensive brands.Still searching the foundation that lasts at least 6 hours.Maybe i should blame my moisture.I don't know.

on 3/23/2018 1:57:00 AM

This is an absolutely gorgeous foundation. Consistency is a bit more creamy and buildable with medium coverage. Some say that this is not an everyday makeup, but applied in the smallest amounts with (melted on the back of the hand, dotted on face with clean fingers, then spread thin with damp sponge), this can apply very, very thin and look very, very natural. I like to mix a drop of oil/serum for a little more natural coverage. The foundation for me was not buildable-- second layer ended up melting my first layer and I was left with a goopy mess-- what I figured out was to:

1. WEAR SUPER HYDRATING LOTION/CREAM and let it fully absorb into skin prior to application
2. Add a drop of serum/oil into foundation and mix on back of hand before applying to face
3. Use very small amount and blend, blend, blend!
4. Use concealer to spot-fix trouble areas instead of trying to layer this foundation (which has pretty good medium coverage)

Thing about this foundation is that it's formulated to last long, so it'll REALLY stick to your face as soon as you put this on, which is why you should spread, spread, spread, blend, blend, BLEND!!! as soon as the small amount of foundation is dotted on the face. It dries fast and if left on the face for too long, it'll dry that way and WILL. NOT. BUDGE.

Like everyone said, face absolutely must be exfoliated and moisturized (and absorbed) prior to putting this on, otherwise it'll grab onto dry patches, but I have no problem making this foundation look natural. ELDW would probably not work on someone with dry skin or skin that hasn't been thoroughly hydrated as the formula is quite drying. Another thing, this foundation is NOT for the PPP-- the lightest shade applies dark on my fair but definitely not porcelain Asian skin.

I took one lippie off because Estee Lauder isn't cruelty-free (and it should be) and the ingredients aren't as clean as they could be and also because it does not come with a pump (it can be purchased separately for $10). Also, for you mid-day mist spritzers, be sure to test mist on foundation at home because this foundation melted off my face in splotches when I misted my face mid-day and I had to scramble in desperation to remove and re-do what I can. Because they're not cruelty-free, I would not purchase again. My desperate hunt for cruelty-free nontoxic foundation continues.

on 3/22/2018 3:07:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Olive, Neutral

Okay let me just start off by saying this, this is not an everyday foundation! It’s a beautiful foundation if you want to have a super flawless dolled up for the club for hoenanigans look. It’s very full coverage and it stays on forever, but it’s too cakey looking for everyday. But it does cover everything and I would definitely say use it for special occasions. Unless you like the full full coverage. Personally, I only use it when I’m going out clubbing or somewhere where I need to look extra.

on 3/17/2018 10:17:00 PM

I always reach for this foundation when my skin needs coverage. This is not the type of foundation that looks like your skin. It's full coverage and will emphasize fine-lines. But it's very long lasting, when I wear it I knew by the end of the day, I'll look the same as I first apply it. I don't recommend wear it everyday, because it has the tendency to break out. Make sure you use a oil based cleanser to remove this foundation.

on 3/17/2018 4:58:00 AM

After using it double cleaning must be done.. and during the day it gets a bit yellowish.. but it is the best foundation i have ever used and i think using my fifth bootle

on 3/14/2018 11:53:00 AM

Skin: Dry, Fair, Warm

This had full coverage and lasted a long time on my skin, but I really didn't notice a huge difference between this and my Maybelline Fit Me Matte and Poreless. It was also a little bit too matte for me (even more matte than the Maybelline foundation) so I would not repurchase this and would prefer to get the drugstore option.