Estée Lauder Double Wear Stay in Place Makeup

Estée Lauder Double Wear Stay in Place Makeup

on 8/7/2018 1:24:00 AM

Non-transfer all day wear. I mix 2N and 4N for the right color. I have used for years, have tried many different things but always come back to this stuff.

Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Neutral

I really want to love this foundation but I just can't make it work. Every makeup artist that I know raved about this, which leads me to get the sample

Pro: I do love the coverage, the finish and the shade. It's medium-high coverage and the finish is a nice satin-matte.
For reference I have an oily skin, NC15/20 in MAC and I used 1W2 Sand. I have a very yellow undertone and this is quite yellow, which I really appreciate since I always have a hard time finding a light-yellow foundation.

Cons: This foundation is heavy. 3 out of 5 times I used this foundation it ended up looking cakey and ended up cracking badly, which rarely happened to me. It also occasionally broke me out somehow. Someone told me that you need to really prep your skin, wear the correct base, etc... It's too much effort to make it work. I understand if it isn't meant for daily wear, but tbh I don't want to pay $30 (in my country) for a foundation that I can only use once in a while. Maybe this foundation is just not meant for everyone.

on 7/28/2018 2:10:00 AM

Skin: Oily, Olive, Not Sure

The best liquid foundation on this planet!!!!
LOVE LOVE LOVE Estee Lauder and this foundations is definitely my HG.
Conceals all imperfections as the texture is pretty thick. Lasts not hours but DAYS.
I use this product on a daily basis, Sigma F80 brush really helps to blend foundation evenly. However, have to work quickly as product dries up very fast and might leave streaks if not blended quickly.
Pricey but worth every penny!!!

on 7/26/2018 10:29:00 PM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Neutral

So I finally got around to trying Double Wear. Summers where I live are hot, this summer we have had record breaking heat, and the A/C at work isn't that great. My previous foundation was a disaster half way through the day. I correctly matched myself with the shade 2N1, Desert Beige. Dispenses as a a thin liquid, a bit surprising as back in the day full coverage meant cream or stick formulas. Blends fairly easily, but it helps to have brush or beauty blender. It doesn't set so fast that it can't be blended, a problem I had with Smashbox. Smashbox set to fast I had to work in sections or it could not be blended., This does set without a powder, I choose to use one since said heat has made my skin oily. Back to the coverage part, this is marketed as a full coverage foundation, several other reviews have said this was artificial, or paint like. I did not find that to be true, the coverage is nice there are definitely foundations that offer more coverage and do look heavy or mask like. Double wear looks very natural and I say it's more medium to full than straight full coverage. I did apply a single even layer, rather than try to build this, which may be why. This does have a matte finish, but again, it's not overly matte to where the face will look dull or the color flat. Wear time is excellent, the first Day i applied this at probably 3am because I had an early shift, still looked good at the end of my work day, and into the evening. There was some minor wear after maybe 12-15 hours. Day two again, only some minor wear on the nose, but my nose is super oily even when the rest of my face is dry my nose is just an oil factory. Honestly most foundations wont even stick to my nose, this one did so a thumbs up there. Stay in Place makeup is part of the name, and they aren't joking, Once this sets it's absolutely budge proof, and will not transfer. I deal with seasonal allergies which means I sometimes rub my face or need to blow my nose, which can cause makeup to rub off or smudge. This stays put through that as well. Double wear is a good choice for oily skin, i get dryer in the cool months so time will tell if it works with dry skin. If you are a lady of a certain age, I'd advise getting a sample first as this does somewhat settle into fine lines. I purchased mine at an Estee Lauder counter and there is a pump that come separately for this since the lack of a pump seems to be problematic. Price is about the same as other department stores brands. Nice glass bottle, and the addition of the pump is helpful. 5/5, I would repurchase, long wearing, nice finish, and transfer proof.

Skin: Very Oily, Medium Brown, Cool

Decent foundation with a smooth matte finish. As per usual annoying bottle with no pump but still good.

on 7/22/2018 10:58:00 AM

Skin: Combination, Tan, Not Sure

This foundation always settles into fine lines or creases, doesn't cover hyper-pigmentation, and I find it gets a bit oily (which makes it easier to rub/wear off through the day). That being said, I can see why everyone likes it so much. It does last longer than other foundations by a stretch, is build-able for fuller coverage, smells lovely, and feels like nothing on the face. Primer is very important with this foundation because different primers make this foundation look better or worse.

on 7/20/2018 5:02:00 AM

Skin: Oily, Fair, Cool

Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Coarse

This foundation is heavy as frick but it's great if you've got a pizza face like mine. It really does not move. I'll always fall back on this when my face is a disaster, as it usually is

on 6/16/2018 3:40:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Neutral

If you're looking for transfer resistant, look no further. This stuff does not budge! I was recommended this quite a few times as I'm always in search of full coverage for my cystic acne and redness. Some days it would cover everything, other bad skin days id need more. This foundation really oxidizes more than any other I've used. Unfortunately, this did make my acne worse with regular use, and really clinged to acne scars/healing acne, but I kept the bottle for occasional days/nights that I wanted a transfer resistant foundation which is always nice to have! Mixing with a lighter concealer has helped the oxidizing issue slightly. It looks amazing when first applied, however throughout the day, I notice it really catching any dry spots or textured areas. This foundation would be great for those who only have redness! Wouldn't recommend to anyone with textured skin. Definite down side is the packaging. I feel that it is messy when having to pour it out of the bottle!

Hair: Blond, Straight, Medium

I really really wanted to love this foundation but I had issues with it.

The first problem was the colour matching - I was matched to Pale Almond which I bought a whole bottle of, but it's just too dark and too pink. I went to a different store and the SA gave me a generous sample of Desert Beige, which was so nice of her. Unfortunately this was too pale and too yellow. Looking at the shade range I find it totally baffling.

The staying power is amazing. I applied it with a damp beauty blender working fast and kind of bouncing it in.

It really is like paint, and that's another problem for me. It creates such a uniform finish (like paint!) that instead of covering uneven skin it seemed to make it more obvious! It just seemed to highlight every uneven feature because of the flat, paint-like finish. I've since tried Max Factor Lasting Performance foundation and I actually prefer that, and it's cheaper. I might give Double Wear Light a try though - always on the search for the perfect foundation!

I hate the fact that it's not in a tube or that it doesn't have a pump top, especially considering how expensive it is. And it's runny so too easy to waste it.

on 6/13/2018 2:52:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Warm

Hair: Brown, Other, Fine

I just don’t like this foundation and I really tried to. It’s like house paint! I tried to use it as sparingly as possible and it just made me look old and tired. I don’t think it leaves a flattering finish at all! I’m super oily and break through every foundation, but this was like sludge by the 4 hour mark. One of the worst I’ve used. Drying too.