Estee Lauder Double Wear Stay in Place Makeup

Estee Lauder Double Wear Stay in Place Makeup

Skin: Dry, Fair, Cool

Hair: Red, Curly, Medium

I wanna start with the packaging. The packaging really bothers me because it would be my fault if I slipped and broke the bottle, I'm super clumsy, sorry! I still need to lighten the shade a bit and I'm in shade 1C0 Shell. The lightest shade on the Sephora website. THE LIGHTEST! If I still need to lighten the product to get it to match me perfectly then you know I'm pale. The formula is not my favourite, it might be to someone else, but for me it's just too cakey and looks patchy in certain areas and I know I'm blending it in correctly. Overall, not the worst but would not buy again.

on 4/8/2018 3:55:00 AM

Skin: Dry, Olive, Not Sure

One of the best foundations I have ever come across. I have used this foundation for years now, I wear the shade 4W1 Honey Bronze. This foundation claims to be 24 hour wear, it is definitely the most long wearing foundation I have used by far. They provide a good variety of undertones. I believe there are 50 shades (UK) might be more elsewhere. Provides a semi - matte finish and it’s medium to full coverage. I have dry to normal skin so I don’t go for matte foundations this one is a nice in between. If your skin is more of the dry side and you’re thinking about purchasing but you’re worried too, don’t be. As long as you prep your skin really well underneath, it’ll work well. I typically like to use Bobbi Brown Vitamin Enriched Face Base & MAC strobe cream with this. I sometimes mix the strobe cream into the foundation. Only down side is... It’s a glass bottle so if you drop it on hard flooring, it’ll likely smash and for the price point (£33.50) that’s steep. Doesn’t come with a pump but you can purchase one on counter for £5.00

I like this foundation, but don't love it. I used to love the old formulation, but they changed it. EL salespeople swear they didn't reformulate but just added some new shades, but that is not true. I have used this foundation for about ten years now, and there is a real difference in the last couple of years - the shade I used to wear all day (Cool Bone 1C1) now goes orangey after three or four hours, which never used to happen. And it does not last as long on my skin as it used to. After four hours I notice it is going patchy on my nose and cheeks, and have to reapply if I'm at home. I don't carry liquid foundation around with me, so if I'm out I just have to blot my skin with papers. On the plus side, it does give good coverage over my rosacea and that is important to me, and apart from on my oily T-Zone it lasts quite well. If I had the choice between this and the old formula, I'd definitely choose the latter, but alas, we don't have that choice any more. It doesn't sting and doesn't cause breakouts on me. And I haven't found a better long-lasting foundation, so I'm giving it four lippies and sticking with it.

Skin: Normal, Medium Brown, Not Sure

To see my in-depth review visit my video here:

I'll first start off this review by saying I haven't tried many high-end foundations. I've tried some many years ago, like Clinique, but they never seemed to work well for me. Although, that was many years ago when my skin was much worse. I should start trying more foundations now that my skin has cleared up, evened out & gotten much easier to work with. However, Estee Lauder's Double Wear foundation is making that VERY HARD.

In fact, the only thing negative I have to say about this foundation is that it doesn't come with a pump. I could complain about the price but it's obviously not that bad if I've repurchased it. It's just a remarkable foundation. It's so perfect that you're afraid to move onto something else. Not only that but the packaging is beautiful. I love the elegant look of gold & frosted glass.

This foundation works for any skin type, skin color & occasion. I have combination skin & have used it under both conditions. There's so many shades that I can probably choose 3 or 4. I've used Toasty Toffee for a brighter complexion & Spiced Sand for a more tan complexion. You can use a little for going out to the store or build it up for when you're taking HD photos. It's incredibly easy to apply that you can just use your fingers for a flawless look. However, a beauty blender is a dream! It's creamy, smooth & sets to a slight matte finish. It doesn't transfer. It lasts all day. In fact, it looks better as the day progresses.

One time I went to a carnival/fair in 90 degree heat and I was even sweating. Yet, I came back home and still saw a nice foundation look. That day made me fall even more in love with this foundation. More times than not, the foundation looks nicer the longer you wear it.

Hands down this a great foundation & I'm pretty sure it's one of the best.

To see my in-depth review visit my video here:

on 4/4/2018 3:41:00 AM

Hair: Blond, Relaxed, Fine

Great foundation — longest lasting foundation I tried. However, after 12 hours I need to reapply. Very easy application using a beautyblender or a brush. Needs a (sheer) setting powder to set.

Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Cool

I have dry 43 year ols skin.
I cannot use this foundation alone, or it ages me horribly.
However, mixed with my It Cosmetics MoisturiIng foundation has become my holy grail!
Beautiful finish, and lasts like nothing else!
Pretty much transfer proof.
I fell asleep with my makeup on one night, and the next morning my foundation was still intact and looking good.
Amazing foundation that I will repurchase for the rest of time!

Skin: Normal, Medium Brown, Not Sure

If you aren’t a fan of full coverage, don’t waste your time. I LOVE this product. The finish is beautiful and it is long lasting. Works best with a beauty sponge of your choice.

Skin: Very Oily, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

So disappointed with this....

Really needed a new foundation and was wanted something different to the one i have been using for years (Mac Studio Fix SPF 15) and really researched around.... I have really oily skin so wanted something that wouldn't slide off my face after a few hours and keep my makeup in place!

First off - this is expensive. I paid £32.50 and thats the highest i've paid for a foundation so had high hopes.

Dont get me wrong, the packaging looks fancy. It's in a really nice, glass clear bottle and looks good on my makeup desk! But it doesnt come with a pump and they dont even sell one seperatly. You waste sooo much product when you have to pour it on your hand (Also, it stains your hands for hours!!!)

Maybe i was putting it on wrong, maybe it's my skin, not sure...But it didnt look great at all. It's quite clay-like and has a pinkish tone. It's really thick but still managed to slide around my face and made me extremely oily.

I got my friend to try this who has normal-dry skin and she hated it, agreed it was like a clay mask and didnt like the tone of it.

There's better out there - i've gone back to my mac one and now used mac primer and the Becca Ever Matte Poreless Primer (AMAZING!)

Skin: Very Dry, Tan, Not Sure

Superheavy and sticky. I don't mind to spend a more money for makeup, but it does have to work properly!

on 3/30/2018 8:16:00 AM

This is my go to foundation! I have been using it on and off for nearly 5 years but I always find my way back to it once I have been 'tricked' by marketing to try another but they always fall short of this gem!
I have dry sensitive skin so I have to make sure I moisturise properly before applying, I use a damp beauty blender always, I don't get on with it much applying it with a brush, its quite thick.
The only thing if you have dry skin is that I can't use it under my eyes or on top of my lids (I realise its not a concealer) but would be lovely if it could do both as the coverage is just wonderful!
Its worth every penny, just be sparing with it.