Estée Lauder Double Wear Stay-In-Place Liquid Makeup

Filtered by age: 19-24
Estée Lauder Double Wear Stay-In-Place Liquid Makeup

I try so many products and i have sensitive acne prone skin and this foundation doesn't cause acne or cystic acne like others this is most important thing for me and this foundation have a buildable coverage and perfect for summer because realy stay in place all day

on 5/6/2017 12:52:00 AM

I have terrible dry/acne covered skin and this works well covering up my messy skin and not drying it out, BUT... I feel like it doesn't need to be so darn thick. If I apply as is, it looks like wet acrylic paint is on my face. I water it down a bit with some illuminating primer or strobe cream and it gives the incredible coverage. A little goes a long way. The reason I'm giving it 4 stars is because of the packing. You have to pour it out. It gets everywhere and it collects under the cap (such a waste!).

Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Neutral

Hair: Brunette, Straight, Other

I had wanted to try this for ages after hearing so much about it so I went and got my free 10 day sample. If I'm going to be honest I don't really know what all the fuss is about. It's good because it gives good coverage and lasts a long time but in my opinion it is a bit of an old lady foundation, it looks incredibly thick on the skin. I find it difficult to apply because it doesn't blend easily and I have to use a lot of product. I don't like the fact there isn't a pump or an applicator of some sort. I still have to use an oil absorbing sheet at lunchtime when I wear this. Ultimately I think it just comes down to preference, if you don't mind a heavy look then it will suit you but I prefer to look youthful and healthy with a good complexion rather than like I'm caked in make up.

This product really doesn't live up to the hype. Its extremely cake, settles in my pores and lines on my face even after using a primer. the coverage is good, but the packaging is a big downside. the lack of a pump means that I always pour out way more than needed and waste a lot. definitely will not buy again.

on 4/23/2017 5:41:00 AM

Hair: Black, Straight, Other

best foundation ever.

Skin: Oily, Olive, Not Sure

Only foundation that works for my combination oily skin, it is amazing coverage with a huge variety of shades. A little expensive but one bottle lasts a long time.

Skin: Dry, Dark, Not Sure

Rating: 4.25!
Update 8-4-17: I have switched to the shade 5N1 Rich Ginger which is a bit less orange on me!
I LOVE this foundation, I have combo/dry skin and as long as I moisturize well I can wear this foundation WITH NO PRIMER!! (Which is a blessing because I have yet to find one that works for me) I definitely powder and spray with setting spray after application and my oils don't break out on my forehead/nose until around the 7-8 hour mark. It lasts up to 10+ hours on me with it STILL looking bomb!

Color range is wonderful, but I do wish my shade (5w2 Rich Caramel) was a little less orange because it's the only shade that works decently out of the 30-40 foundations I've tried before. I have to bring it down to my neck.

Pros: Color range, FULL COVERAGE, don't need a primer, lasts 10+ hours, sets quickly with NO TRANSFER, oil control, applies beautifully with Beauty Blender/sponge
Cons: Flashback looks TERRIBLE, if it's the wrong color you will KNOW it's so full coverage that you can see the difference quickly, no pump (like really???), a bit orange and slightly oxidizes?

Overall, I love this foundation it's my go-to! I recommend at least getting some samples to try.

on 4/12/2017 4:55:00 PM

This is my favourite foundation ever. Hands down, the longest lasting, perfect looking morning to night even on my combo skin.. Great shade range too..

The downsides are no pump so you have to pour out product onto the back of your hand, I hate this as I always pour too much and waste product! And it's a bit too fiddly and messy..And it's too pricey at almost €40 to be wasting any product!

Maybe not the best for dry skin? But for normal/oily/combo this is my holy grail, doesn't break up or transfer once set! I have repurchased again and again and will continue to repurchase!

on 4/3/2017 11:41:00 PM

~Things i love about product
Love this foundation its smooth!
Has full coverage.
Blends great with beauty blender and or foundation brush.
Love the bottle.
Money well spent

I tried many foundations and this is by far my favorite. I have to to say if you have oily skin this is not the foundation for you my sister has oily skin and she pats her face and the makeup came off.

on 3/28/2017 11:11:00 PM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

I'm currently on the hunt for my holy grail foundation. Is this double wear foundation it? Well let's discuss a few things first. I have dry, sensitive skin and I was looking for a foundation that will stay on my face and not budge. Now this foundation has a medium to full coverage, depending on how much you apply, how you apply and how much you layer it. If you're looking for a more 'natural' look, using a sponge will help sheer it out. Keep in mind though, that this foundation is not for those who want that 'i'm not wearing any foundation look', because it will look like you're wearing makeup. The consistency is also runny and it will also oxidize slightly (whether this is a good or a bad thing is up to you, but it was a good thing for me because my colour was slight too light at the beginning).

Now I've also read a lot of reviews saying that this isn't for sensitive skin, or acne-prone skin because of its staying power. It claims to stay on for 24 hours, so you need to keep in mind that once this foundation is set, it is SET. So work in small areas. For all you dry skin people out there, I found that exfoliating the day before wearing this foundation also helps with the application and overall look of the foundation.

Nevertheless, I tried this foundation as a sample. I applied with both a brush and sponge and found that the sponge worked better (if you want a fuller coverage, go with a brush). I tend to go for a medium coverage with this foundation, and the finish is maybe a satin matte finish? Not dewy nor matte. I will say though, for all you dry skin people out there, make sure you moisturize your skin and exfoliate, because it can tend to look cakey around those dry areas. I also found that it caked my pores around my nose and creased in my smile lines.
Now for the fun part. I tested this in harsh conditions. I literally wore this for over 24 hours. (I do not recommend wearing makeup for more than 12 hours anyway), but I did. My day consisted of going to uni, then going out all night. I did do a check in around the 7 hour mark and found that my makeup was looking a bit cakey. Around the 12 hour mark, my makeup was cakey, and my dry patches were excentuated. (I wasnt shiny though) but my foundation was definitely separating around my nose. At the 24 hour mark, my foundation basically rubbed off around my cheek areas and just looked bad all over.
Of course, I don't do this regularly nor would i recommend others to do this, but i thought that this was the perfect foundation to test out, especially if it claims to stay on for 24 hours. Overall, I think it does a good job staying on for 12 hours. But 24 hours? no way. It also accentuates the texture of your skin, and apparently the bottle doesn't come with a pump.
Honestly, the best way to get a sense of whether this foundation is for you is to get a sample yourself. Some people with dry skin love this while others hate this. For me, I don't love it but I don't hate it either. I would probably wear this for days when I need heavy coverage, but the fact that this foundation also has SPF means that it's going to flash back, so I probably woudn't use this for events where I know there will be photos. I probably wouldn't wear this as an 'everyday' foundation either. Personally, it's best to get a sample because everyone has a different opinion and who knows, this might be the perfect foundation for you