Estée Lauder Double Wear Stay in Place Makeup

Filtered by age: 19-24
Estée Lauder Double Wear Stay in Place Makeup

Skin: Dry, Dark, Not Sure

Rating: 4.25!
Update 8-4-17: I have switched to the shade 5N1 Rich Ginger which is a bit less orange on me!
I LOVE this foundation, I have combo/dry skin and as long as I moisturize well I can wear this foundation WITH NO PRIMER!! (Which is a blessing because I have yet to find one that works for me) I definitely powder and spray with setting spray after application and my oils don't break out on my forehead/nose until around the 7-8 hour mark. It lasts up to 10+ hours on me with it STILL looking bomb!

Color range is wonderful, but I do wish my shade (5w2 Rich Caramel) was a little less orange because it's the only shade that works decently out of the 30-40 foundations I've tried before. I have to bring it down to my neck.

Pros: Color range, FULL COVERAGE, don't need a primer, lasts 10+ hours, sets quickly with NO TRANSFER, oil control, applies beautifully with Beauty Blender/sponge
Cons: Flashback looks TERRIBLE, if it's the wrong color you will KNOW it's so full coverage that you can see the difference quickly, no pump (like really???), a bit orange and slightly oxidizes?

Overall, I love this foundation it's my go-to! I recommend at least getting some samples to try.

on 4/12/2017 4:55:00 PM

This is my favourite foundation ever. Hands down, the longest lasting, perfect looking morning to night even on my combo skin.. Great shade range too..

The downsides are no pump so you have to pour out product onto the back of your hand, I hate this as I always pour too much and waste product! And it's a bit too fiddly and messy..And it's too pricey at almost €40 to be wasting any product!

Maybe not the best for dry skin? But for normal/oily/combo this is my holy grail, doesn't break up or transfer once set! I have repurchased again and again and will continue to repurchase!

on 4/3/2017 11:41:00 PM

~Things i love about product
Love this foundation its smooth!
Has full coverage.
Blends great with beauty blender and or foundation brush.
Love the bottle.
Money well spent

I tried many foundations and this is by far my favorite. I have to to say if you have oily skin this is not the foundation for you my sister has oily skin and she pats her face and the makeup came off.

on 3/28/2017 11:11:00 PM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

I'm currently on the hunt for my holy grail foundation. Is this double wear foundation it? Well let's discuss a few things first. I have dry, sensitive skin and I was looking for a foundation that will stay on my face and not budge. Now this foundation has a medium to full coverage, depending on how much you apply, how you apply and how much you layer it. If you're looking for a more 'natural' look, using a sponge will help sheer it out. Keep in mind though, that this foundation is not for those who want that 'i'm not wearing any foundation look', because it will look like you're wearing makeup. The consistency is also runny and it will also oxidize slightly (whether this is a good or a bad thing is up to you, but it was a good thing for me because my colour was slight too light at the beginning).

Now I've also read a lot of reviews saying that this isn't for sensitive skin, or acne-prone skin because of its staying power. It claims to stay on for 24 hours, so you need to keep in mind that once this foundation is set, it is SET. So work in small areas. For all you dry skin people out there, I found that exfoliating the day before wearing this foundation also helps with the application and overall look of the foundation.

Nevertheless, I tried this foundation as a sample. I applied with both a brush and sponge and found that the sponge worked better (if you want a fuller coverage, go with a brush). I tend to go for a medium coverage with this foundation, and the finish is maybe a satin matte finish? Not dewy nor matte. I will say though, for all you dry skin people out there, make sure you moisturize your skin and exfoliate, because it can tend to look cakey around those dry areas. I also found that it caked my pores around my nose and creased in my smile lines.
Now for the fun part. I tested this in harsh conditions. I literally wore this for over 24 hours. (I do not recommend wearing makeup for more than 12 hours anyway), but I did. My day consisted of going to uni, then going out all night. I did do a check in around the 7 hour mark and found that my makeup was looking a bit cakey. Around the 12 hour mark, my makeup was cakey, and my dry patches were excentuated. (I wasnt shiny though) but my foundation was definitely separating around my nose. At the 24 hour mark, my foundation basically rubbed off around my cheek areas and just looked bad all over.
Of course, I don't do this regularly nor would i recommend others to do this, but i thought that this was the perfect foundation to test out, especially if it claims to stay on for 24 hours. Overall, I think it does a good job staying on for 12 hours. But 24 hours? no way. It also accentuates the texture of your skin, and apparently the bottle doesn't come with a pump.
Honestly, the best way to get a sense of whether this foundation is for you is to get a sample yourself. Some people with dry skin love this while others hate this. For me, I don't love it but I don't hate it either. I would probably wear this for days when I need heavy coverage, but the fact that this foundation also has SPF means that it's going to flash back, so I probably woudn't use this for events where I know there will be photos. I probably wouldn't wear this as an 'everyday' foundation either. Personally, it's best to get a sample because everyone has a different opinion and who knows, this might be the perfect foundation for you

Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Warm

Hair: Black, Wavy, Coarse

This foundation gives full coverage and it's very long-lasting but it's definitely not for dry skin as it is very heavy, mask-like, cakey, and it enhances flakes and dry patches. It's definitely not for everyday use as well because it's like cement on skin literally "smothering" your skin making it impossible for your skin to breathe and clear its impurities, which is very important for good healthy skin.

Skin: Oily, Fair, Neutral

I have a lot to say about this product. I really did try to make this work and got through the whole bottle in doing so but my opinion remains unchanged; this looks terrible on my skin.
Let's start with the positives; this foundation can be really full coverage. On the days where I was going for a really full on look, this aspect was good. Also, it does not budge. It feels almost waterproof as taking it off can prove to be a task. This makes it great for nights out. I know so many people who love this foundation, but more often than not, their skin is flawless to begin with and they have a normal skin type. This allows the foundation to just glide over the skin giving an even, full coverage finish and it does look beautiful.
However, if your skin is anything like mine, you may not like this. My friend has the exact same skin type as myself and her opinion on this foundation was the same. I have an oily T Zone which has resulted in a lot of texture. This includes breakouts, large open pores, blackheads and whiteheads. Whilst this foundation made my cheek and under eye area look flawless where my skin is normal, my T Zone looked like a hot mess. Any texture on my skin was emphasised to the point where I'd sometimes remove my foundation because I felt it looked better without it. This foundation sunk into the large pores on and around my nose, and clung to the blackheads and whiteheads making them appear larger. What made it worse was the huge contrast between this and how smooth and flawless the rest of my skin looked. My nose would look almost dry because the foundation clung and made the area look chalky. So I guess if your skin is oily without the texture, this COULD work for you to help keep your skin looking matte. However, the chalkiness on the clinging areas meant that it started to break apart as the days went on. Another disappointing factor is the packaging. It's a pumpless bottle so you have to pour it out - I wasted so much because a little of this foundation goes a long way. You can buy pumps but for a foundation of this price, you'd expect the full package without having to purchase add-ons. The pouring process also leads to mess around the top of the bottle which is inconvenient if you're in a rush and don't have time to be cleaning it up.
The reason why I said I'd repurchase this is for a couple of reasons. The first is I think this could look good for photography if it is at a distance due to the full coverage matte finish. The second is because this would look great on my clients who have more normal skin than myself.
So to summarise, this foundation has the potential to be great, just not for someone with skin like myself.

Skin: Sensitive, Medium, Warm

UPDATE: When i had active acne, this was the only thing that would completely cover it. Now that my skin is dry and textured (scarring) but no more active pimples, I use the too face peach perfect foundation, which covers texture way better.
Bottom Line: Double-Wear is great for covering color, but clings to texture. (Like the little bumps around my nose/forehead)

MY SKIN: dry, acne, acne scars, a LOT of redness. I make this look natural by using the Too Faced Hangover primer (another complete holy grail) after a moisturizer, and the sigma 3DHD Kabuki brush. This foundation covers all my redness, (I don't even need a concealer) is a thin enough consistency that if your skin is hydrated it will look natural, and stays put all day.
If you have trouble making this look natural, i highly recommend exfoliating, using a primer/moisturizer that is more hydrating than you think it needs to be, and using a kabuki brush to apply. A little goes a long way so even though I'm a broke student, the price doesn't bother me. I get about 4-5 months out of each bottle, which is perfect for when the seasons change and I need a different shade.

Also I have dropped this bottle on a tile floor and it didn't shatter.

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Warm

The lightest shade available in my country is Pebble. Which is way to dark and orange for me. Which is ofcourse my problem and not the product's. I bought it anyways because it made my skin look flawless and it dries very nice and quickly. Im going to try and lighten it with the La Girl Pro HD liquid foundation in White because Ive heard they have the same quick drying formula.
The only downside: the stupid opening. No pump. Just letting the product pour out...

Will report back, make up soldiers!

on 3/10/2017 3:13:00 AM

When I was on vacation in Thailand, I went to Central Festival wich was like makeup heaven.
All the brands I can not buy in the Netherlands, and such a colour range which varied from very light to dark.
As I am extremely pale the Double wear is only sold in a shade too dark for me in the Netherlands, in Thailand I found 1w1 which is a great match. (comparable to Bourjois healthy mix in color 51)

First of all, the packaging.. There is no pump, only a big hole which makes it hard to get a small amount of product out of the bottle. The package looks chic but isn't usefull. Another thing I don't like is the smell. Like MAC, Estee Lauder Double wear got this same chemic smell. I know perfumes are no good to your skin but I love the way Bourjois Healthy mix smells like fruits. :)

The coverage of this foundation is extremely good, it is a thin liquid substance. Not a creamy formula more 'chalky'. I apply it with my beautyblender which give me a nice even finish. Not cakey at all, but it does emphasize the wrinkles around my eyes and when you use this foundation, don't forget to give your face a bit more dimension using a bronzer/blush, otherwise you'll look like a little porcelain doll :)

Okay!!!! So after finishing my 4th bottle of this foundation I decided to write a review bcz I want everyone to give it a try. If you are very oily or in a humid hot place please don't forget to carry it. It's the best foundation for the shades issue, with good yellow tone, yes it lasts long for a good time with primer, I won't say 15hrs without any diffence but yup it stays quite nicely even in summer, has very good nd matte finish dats wat i love abt it. Doesn't cake wen applied with my butyblendr, ummm only thing is it gives a look of makeup on, I love this foundation over Mac,Clinique,Dior, very very good coverage . Not drying, doesn't transfer, fotofriendly, love it overall .... Must try