Estée Lauder Double Wear Stay in Place Makeup

Filtered by age: 19-24
Estée Lauder Double Wear Stay in Place Makeup

on 3/25/2013 5:34:00 PM

I have always played around with different foundations, from expensive to cheap but never really found anything that properly suited my skin and colour. I used Clarins Everlasting foundation for quite a long time, but i found it wasnt right for me. I was recommended Double Wear by a friend who suffered from blemished skin like myself so thought I would give it a try and my god i will never go back to anything else! This foundation works wonders, especially as i like heavy coverage, but it does give you the option to build it up. It has great oil control and i dont find i get oily and lose my foundation as the day goes on. It hides almost all my facial flaws and stays on all day! My only dislikes are the packaging. its quite hard to get the remains when you are running low out of the bottle! Favourite foundation :)

Skin: Combination, Medium, Neutral

I used to love this product!!! However, they recently reformulated it and everything changed. Colors are now too yellow (I used to wear Sand). In addition, the foundation dries up very fast so now it is very difficult to work with if you want to blend or build coverage.

It used to be an amazing product and now it is not!

on 3/23/2013 7:01:00 AM

Skin: Very Dry, Fair, Neutral

Love this foundation! When I was on Accutane and topical Retin-A it covered ALL my acne scars and imperfections perfectly without ever causing an additional breakout. Because a little goes such a long way I have only just finished my first bottle which I had for 1.5 years. The reasons I don't give this foundation 5 stars are as follows: 1. If you have SEVERELY dry skin and I do mean severe (were talking peeling, itchy, red) it can highlight fine lines and wrinkles if you aren't properly moisturized and 2. The negative "new formula" reviews worry me just a bit, but honestly I love this so much I wouldn't hesitate from repurchasing! This foundation is one of the only ones on the market that I believe caters to acne prone, sensitive, oily, combination, and dry skins and actually works the same for each of them! If you fall under any of those categories and are looking for a nontransferable, full coverage foundation that is non-acnegenic and hypoallergenic and that has a fabulously extensive color range then this is for you!

on 3/18/2013 6:22:00 PM

Skin: Dry, Other, Not Sure

This foundation is sooo amazing. I was debating whether to get MAC Studio Fix Fluid or Estee Lauder Double Wear. I'm so glad I decided to get this foundation. It's not as 'heavy' as people say it is, definitely not as heavy as MAC. I recommend if you have dry skin to put moisturizer on before because it does enhance dry spots. Otherwise, It's amazing! :)

on 3/15/2013 3:18:00 AM

Skin: Acne-prone, Olive, Warm

I LOVE this foundation. I use the shade honey bronze, I am a mac nc40. I have tried many foundations but I always come back to this one. It lasts most of the day on my oily skin. It gives me a flawless matte look. The big plus is that it does not make me break out which is a problem I have with other foundations. I just wish it had a pump. I put it on the back of my hand first to warm up the product. Then I use use the e.l.f. powder brush to pat it on my face then blend it out. Sometimes I use my fingers and it gives me a flawless finish as well. If you like full coverage makeup you need to try this foundation. It covers all of my blemishes and dark circles. I don't have to use concealer with it.

I first bought this product approx 2 years ago and I loved it, but just kept trying other foundations (its a sickness!). i repurchased it recently and right away i noticed it was extremely cakey on my skin and just way too thick.
Pros
-excellent coverage
-noncomedogenic
-lasts all day
-keeps oil at bay (for the most part)
-good shade range
Cons
-no pump
-so incredibly cakey and it will emphasize any dry areas
-too thick, thus not natural looking at all on the face
i returned it right away. if you want to look like you have obvious foundation on then get it, otherwise i would not recommend

I bought this a year ago and the lady in the shop completly got my colour wrong so I ended up accidently buying a darker shade than my face, which has definetly stopped me from using it frequently. I find that this is good quality, it does stay on, but it isn't exactly full coverage. One of my friends tried this on and she completly fell in love with it. I don't think I will repurchase this because of the price and the middle coverage but my friend was pretty impressed.