Estée Lauder Double Wear Stay-In-Place Liquid Makeup

Filtered by age: 19-24
Estée Lauder Double Wear Stay-In-Place Liquid Makeup

on 4/14/2013 10:12:00 AM

I've been using Estee Lauder Double Wear (shade 1W1 Bone) for 2 years now, but lately i have noticed a change in the product, its a lot more watery and doesn't give the 'matte' finish it used to, it just gives a very shiny finish and it wears off throughout the day, leaving you looking very blotchy. This was my favourite foundation by a mile, but now im starting to look elsewhere..

I love this foundation as I have quite bad acne if cover anything !!! :) however the formula has kinda changed a little only in terms of color really , the old bottle with the white writing on it was a lot better in terms of color :) the new ones with the blue writing on the bottle are definitely darker and more orange however the coverage and other stuff is still the same but I just don't know how they can have the same names even tho the new colors are blatantly different anyway with the new formula I just kinda went a shade down but it's still too dark so if your are using the new formula one just buy a couple of shades lighter than you used to buy with the old one ... Still the best full coverage foundation I have ever had me and both my sister have used it for years now , and I have tries makeup forever hd , smash box studio fix plus , Dior forever , Dior nude , revolt photo finish , double wear max cover , benefit and you name it and I will always go back to this is skit so reliable and amazing , however I have noticed even tho makeup artist all go on about primer all the primers I have used with this don't work so I have now stopped using primer with this :) however I do mix it with some benefit high beam and it goes on perfectly when I apply with a stippling brush and also when I wear this with primer and sleep in it over night it rubs off but when I don't wear primer it stay on all overnight and doesn't budge :) best foundation. Out there !!!! :) worth the price , could have a better bottle like a pump because pouring does waste quite a bit :) but other than that it's top notch !!! :)

on 3/31/2013 4:49:00 PM

All these reviews are pretty accurate in my opinion. EL DW is a great foundation that lasts the whole day and this is VERY IMPORTANT. Should you find the right color and prep your skin with a rich hydrating creme before, this will look fabulous. Colors are a bit weid, BUT, i have to say that i really like the new formula aaaand the new warm shades also. its deff a go to foundation.

on 3/30/2013 9:33:00 AM

Absolutely love this. Defo my staple product. No foundation stays on me except this one and I feel it gives a beautiful finish, doesn't need powder although I use it for longer wear. Only fault is colour, i use mac nc25 and i've tried tawny and sand and neither were exactly my colour. I use tawny in the more summer months but its still not a perfect match. Use a mac pump with it cause it is awkward packaging! No other faults however. Recommend highly!!!!

on 3/29/2013 3:16:00 PM

Skin: Normal, Fair, Warm

I'd heard so many good things about this foundation that i thought i had to give it a try, however my results weren't what i had hoped.
First off the coverage is AMAZING, so if your somebody looking for a heavy duty, matte finish foundation and you have oily to combo skin then this is a great choice!!
However for people with dryer skin types i wouldnt highly recommend as its a little to thick and heavy and can seem almost cakey.
As for people with sensitive skin i also wouldn't recommend, when i tried this makeup after the first day of wearing it, my skin began to flake and become raw in certain places, there was some active ingredient that irritated me and caused itching and dry patches.
Good product for a heavy perfected makeup look, i wouldnt however repurchase.

on 3/25/2013 5:34:00 PM

I have always played around with different foundations, from expensive to cheap but never really found anything that properly suited my skin and colour. I used Clarins Everlasting foundation for quite a long time, but i found it wasnt right for me. I was recommended Double Wear by a friend who suffered from blemished skin like myself so thought I would give it a try and my god i will never go back to anything else! This foundation works wonders, especially as i like heavy coverage, but it does give you the option to build it up. It has great oil control and i dont find i get oily and lose my foundation as the day goes on. It hides almost all my facial flaws and stays on all day! My only dislikes are the packaging. its quite hard to get the remains when you are running low out of the bottle! Favourite foundation :)

Skin: Combination, Medium, Neutral

I used to love this product!!! However, they recently reformulated it and everything changed. Colors are now too yellow (I used to wear Sand). In addition, the foundation dries up very fast so now it is very difficult to work with if you want to blend or build coverage.

It used to be an amazing product and now it is not!

on 3/23/2013 7:01:00 AM

Skin: Very Dry, Fair, Neutral

Love this foundation! When I was on Accutane and topical Retin-A it covered ALL my acne scars and imperfections perfectly without ever causing an additional breakout. Because a little goes such a long way I have only just finished my first bottle which I had for 1.5 years. The reasons I don't give this foundation 5 stars are as follows: 1. If you have SEVERELY dry skin and I do mean severe (were talking peeling, itchy, red) it can highlight fine lines and wrinkles if you aren't properly moisturized and 2. The negative "new formula" reviews worry me just a bit, but honestly I love this so much I wouldn't hesitate from repurchasing! This foundation is one of the only ones on the market that I believe caters to acne prone, sensitive, oily, combination, and dry skins and actually works the same for each of them! If you fall under any of those categories and are looking for a nontransferable, full coverage foundation that is non-acnegenic and hypoallergenic and that has a fabulously extensive color range then this is for you!

on 3/18/2013 6:22:00 PM

Skin: Dry, Other, Not Sure

This foundation is sooo amazing. I was debating whether to get MAC Studio Fix Fluid or Estee Lauder Double Wear. I'm so glad I decided to get this foundation. It's not as 'heavy' as people say it is, definitely not as heavy as MAC. I recommend if you have dry skin to put moisturizer on before because it does enhance dry spots. Otherwise, It's amazing! :)

on 3/15/2013 3:18:00 AM

Skin: Acne-prone, Olive, Warm

I LOVE this foundation. I use the shade honey bronze, I am a mac nc40. I have tried many foundations but I always come back to this one. It lasts most of the day on my oily skin. It gives me a flawless matte look. The big plus is that it does not make me break out which is a problem I have with other foundations. I just wish it had a pump. I put it on the back of my hand first to warm up the product. Then I use use the e.l.f. powder brush to pat it on my face then blend it out. Sometimes I use my fingers and it gives me a flawless finish as well. If you like full coverage makeup you need to try this foundation. It covers all of my blemishes and dark circles. I don't have to use concealer with it.