Estee Lauder Double Wear Stay in Place Makeup

Filtered by age: 19-24
Estee Lauder Double Wear Stay in Place Makeup

Skin: Sensitive, Medium, Not Sure

I used this foundation for a long hour event, I put on my makeup at 4 am and my makeup still looked good even after 12 hours.
This foundation works like heaven on my normal-dry & sensitive skin, though I had to mix this foundation with a little pump of my Clinique Even Better. The shade matches my skin perfectly. But the cons of this product is the packaging. I've spilled a good amount of this foundation a few times, because this product don't have a pump. But, over all; H A N D S D O W N! I love this product!

This is my GO-TO foundation - every time I find myself trying different foundations to find something better, I come back to this one because there is nothing better. In a foundation, I like medium to full coverage, non transferable, does not go into fine lines, and swear proof. This foundation covers all the requirements! I went to Cali last year and I have a sweating problem on my nose which ruins my foundation most of the time. The sweat did initially break through from the foundation and I had dots of foundation missing but once I was indoors, the foundation just settled back into place again!!!! I been using this for so many years and will continue doing so.

on 2/17/2018 1:22:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Warm

Best high end long wear foundation ever! Love the coverage.

on 1/31/2018 3:20:00 PM

Skin: Normal, Fair, Neutral

This is one of my all time favorite foundations. It covers everything and stays on all day. The only problems I have with it is that it can get a bit cakey if you put on a little bit too much, and the packaging is annoying, as it's really difficult to get the foundation out without spilling.
I have slightly oily skin, and it works wonders for me, so I'd definitely recommend it for my fellow oily skin people!

I was so sceptical of Double Wear, but holy heck am I hooked now! I
Pros:
Elegant packaging. I feel like a fancy b***h every time I pull it out of my makeup drawer (every single day, it's just so good)
The liquid formula isn't too thick. I prefer to roughly spread it over my skin before blending with my RT sponge, and I really enjoy the thinner consistency of this.
The coverage. I believe it's a a medium-full coverage foundation, but I typically apply enough for a medium coverage. It can easily be built to full coverage though. I think it looks pretty and skinlike, natural matte.
Sits well with my Tarte Shape Tape concealer (I use that for my eye area)
Has great lasting power. It doesn't seperate or slide off of my oily skin, and I can usually get 5-6 hours of wear before I want to blot. However, if I sweat for hours (as I do working with no air con this summer) I find it does tend to seperate.

Cons:
It's hella expensive! $69NZD and it's the most I've ever spent on a foundation.
NO PUMP. Sometimes it's just too easy to use too much of this liquid gold because it's so easy to pour onto your waiting hand (or brush, sponge, or even the bathroom counter, oops)

I'm now onto my second bottle (1C1 Cool Bone) and I have every intention to repurchase when I run out.

*Warning* If you live in Australia Estee Lauder have reformulated the iconic foundation and added SPF 10. I had been wearing this foundation for five years and it was the only thing I could put on my skin that would never break me out and lasted for 12 hours. I recently repurchased without knowing about the reformulation and the formula/consistency/feeling and longevity were completely different. When I put it on I thought they must've made a bad batch and I bought an unlucky bottle. I went about doing my face as normal. The coverage has been halved, product separates and disappears if any cream products are layered on top (concealer blush etc). Does not stick to certain areas of the face, will not layer, cakes and feels disgusting on the skin, before you could not feel it, and now it feels hot and heavy.
The worst part, after six hours of wear I come home and I have clogged pores all over my face. It managed to break me out in six hours! (my skin is really allergic to chemical spf, so all spf in foundation)
I'm devastated, I wish they bought out an spf version whilst keeping the orginal. It would've made much more sense considering how many people are allergic to chemical sunscreen

on 1/13/2018 6:35:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Medium, Warm

I have super oily skin and I've been trying to find a long wearing foundation for as long as I can remember. I've considered buying this for years but I'm not a fan of heavy matte looking finishes so I was always wary, and the first time I swatched this the scent reminded me of that foundation smell of paint which I don't love . My usual favourite foundation is mac face and body and this is almost the opposite to that.
I use a hydrating primer underneath as I find its best, and if I add some all nighters setting spray this looks almost dewy so you can definitely avoid a cake face.
I apply with a beauty blender and it's generally fine but I can't seem to build this product at all, not in the slightest? I'm not sure why but I find if I try and add slightly more coverage it will disturb and remove the foundation underneath leaving me with horrible patches. It's something I've noticed also happens when I conceal under my eyes afterwards too. I don't mind too much as it's a small area but it's not ideal and I'm not sure what I'm doing wrong!
I got the colour sand, which matches me well when I'm not fake tanned but I don't mind wearing extra bronzer when my body is more tanned, although I think I'm going to purchase a more warm tanned tone to match me better. The price isn't too crazy as it performs so I don't mind buying another shade as I'll need it in summer anyway if I keep using this.
The staying power of this is not over hyped at all, it's fantastic and lasts all day long. Not just a 8 hour work day, it can stay looking beautiful well over 12 hours and beyond. I tend to use a blotting sheet at some point during the day as my skin is super oily so inevitably my skin will start getting a sheen at some point, but this blots beautifully.
I can't be certain but I have suspicions that this is starting to break me out. I'm getting spots in places I would never usually get them. It's disappointing because I otherwise love this product but I don't want to sacrifice my skin for any makeup product so it's something I'll keep an eye on. I do really like this foundation so if I have to step up my skincare routine and products then I probably would but it's not ideal haha!

Overall I do love this but I am still undecided because I'm sure it's giving me bloody spots! But I would recommend this, and the hype is well deserved! X

Hair: Brown, Curly, Fine

I feel like i'm taking crazy pills- I absolutely *hated* this and I'm a very small portion of people with that opinion! Nothing has looked worse on my skin. I looked powdery and cakey using the foundation even with a hydrating primer.

I like my foundation to the dewy end generally and usually attempt to look at things objectively and say 'maybe this just isn't for my skin' but I can't with this. I just found so few plus points to it. I have combination skin and on dry patches it looked truly awful, but it even looked dry and flaky on my oily nose. Now I exfoliate with AHAs and BHAs depending on the area of my skin, plus I previously used a somewhat drying but lighter foundation (Fusion ink) with no issues, so I don't think it's an issue with my nose texture particularly.
The coverage is to the heavier end of medium, but I didn't find it easy to build with a damp beauty blender. It more looked like it was sitting on top in layers than blending together to provide high coverage in certain areas seamlessly. Looked a slightly 'flat' on, but excusably so if you really need something with staying power.

There being no pump is a bad show too. This is *not* a drug store foundation, there is no excuse for not having one, really. The packaging is at least pretty, though.

This does oxodise like nothing I've seen before too- Shell was even a little off after a few hours. I don't think shell is available in the US either so I have no idea how anyone pale would be able to use this formula without a *lot* of white mixer.

From my experience, you'd have to be of a *very* oily skin type to love this. I'm glad it exists even if I hated it though- A holy grail for very oily skin is hard to find and it's wonderful people with that skin type are able to use this foundation without blotting every .5 femtoseconds! If you have anything other than that (especially dry) have a proper look in sunlight before you buy a full sized bottle though, I have seen people who use this look *incredibly* textured and chalky because they tried and applied it in artificial lighting.

on 12/8/2017 12:58:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Neutral

I really love this foundation and it is the closest thing to perfect that I can find, which is why I see myself sticking to it for a long time to come. My skin is acne-prone and also very oily.

PROS-
Shade- a very good match to my fair, neutral skin (I use 1N1).

Coverage- a medium to full coverage. I find it covers my redness and acne/scarring quite well, but a little bit of redness does peek through.

Finish- definitely a matte foundation, although I find it isn't too much of a flat matte. If I don't set it, after about 15-30 minutes it becomes more of a soft matte.

Longevity- this foundation has the longest wear time that I have found on my very oily skin, about 7-9 hours of it looking quite good and me blotting once or twice. If I'm only wearing it for a few hours I've begun to not set my face w powder afterwards which is something unheard of w my skin.

CONS-
Formula- for me this is the biggest con. I find the liquid to be so thick and set so fast that it can be difficult to work with as it's more time consuming and feels heavier on the skin. It also cannot build on itself- I used to apply a little like concealer over any spots I had, but it would always set much darker than the rest of my face so I would end up having little orange splotches over the places I tried to cover. If you want full coverage you have to go in heavily w it cause once it sets, that's it. However I imagine this is the price one pays for a foundation with such good coverage and decent wear time.

Price- $46CAD is a lot for a foundation, however because you need so little to get the medium coverage I most often go for that to me it's worth it.

Longevity- as a con, my ideal foundation would last for about 12 hours, which this foundation simply cannot do on my oily skin. It just gets way too oily, begins to separate, and can sometimes pool into my pores so it looks like I have freckles of foundation.

Packaging- of course, cause no one likes that it doesn't come w a gd pump lol

OVERALL-
I had been on the hunt for a foundation that matched me well, did not break me out, and lasted a long time with my very oily skin for so damn long that for now ELDW is close enough. For now I am pleased with ELDW and very much recommend it to anyone w oily skin (altho my bff has very dry skin and it's her HG!)

on 12/8/2017 1:50:00 AM

Skin: Normal, Olive, Not Sure

This foundation is very full coverage, great for a night out but not for everyday wear. It oxidizes a lot, so if you were to wear it throughout the day I would recommend going 1 or 2 shades lighter. I used it daily for a while and it definitely didn't do my skin any favours.