Estee Lauder Double Wear Stay in Place Makeup

Filtered by age: 19-24
Estee Lauder Double Wear Stay in Place Makeup

on 12/3/2016 4:24:00 AM

Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Warm

This is a staple foundation in my collection. I will warn you this is defiantly a full coverage foundation on the matte side. If you like more a light, dewy foundation this is defiantly not for you. This is not a natural looking foundation. I wear this on days I want my foundation to last the whole day and cover everything. It is a great foundation and looks really nice on the skin. Good choice for oily skinnned girls. I took took off a lippy as for the price it should have a pump.

on 11/27/2016 1:44:00 PM

Skin: Sensitive, Medium, Not Sure

I bought this after seeing the hype about it. This has great coverage and lasting power; however, the foundation makes me break out. I thoroughly remove all my makeup at the end of the day using the double cleanse method so the breakouts were not due to the poor makeup removal but the foundation. I wanted to love it but it didn't work out. I wouldn't repurchase and caution those with sensitive and acne prone skin to beware.

on 11/27/2016 12:27:00 AM

I think this is a essential staple for the oily skin users out there!

A bit of background info: oily combo skin type, slightly sensitive skin user and blemish / acne prone. I prefer wearing full faced makeup, and i live in humid conditions ranging about 91.3°F on an average day.

I got a sample of this foundation and was matched to shade 3w1 tawny. Pls bear in mind I have never tried the old formula one before hence unable to make the comparison!

Other shade comparisons:
- MAC pro longwear NC35
- Inglot cream foundation shade 24

Pros:
+ medium to full coverage
+ buildable coverage
+ does not look cakey on the skin
+ great for photos, no flashback
+ longevity is quite lasting for my preference
+ shade matches my skin quite well
+ packaging feels luxurious, high end

Cons:
- full sized version does not come with a pump
- price tag

Application wise, I prefer applying the product first using a flat foundation brush and "paint" on my face before blending it out with my beautyblender. I find it that it gives a more airbrushed flawless finish and able to conceal my blemishes as well. Coverage wise is very buildable, but i find that just one layer is good enough for me.

The product does set quite fast so make sure you blend it out fast enough.

I wore this foundation for a dinner and dance event and it makes my skin look SO GOOD in photos. No flashback at all, and it looked just like my skin but even better.

I have oily combo skin, so i realised my t zone started getting slightly shiny after 5-6 hours. In my opinion i think this is a product that requires touch ups, but if you're not particular about that I don't think it'll be a problem for you.

What I'm more impressed about is that the foundation stayed put and did not slide off my skin after taking so many photos and running around the ballroom! I could still see my blush, my contour very well and I thought my skin looked more radiant and glowing instead of looking like an oil slick.

I finished my sample and I think i will purchase the full sized version, even though I'm disappointed that it does not come with a pump because i know it will get very messy during application!

However, based on the formula alone, i would rate it an 8/10 because i'm quite impressed by the results and does lives up to its claims. Minus 2 points for its price tag and my desire to have a pump! I think I will still go out there and make the purchase because i think it will soon be my HG.

Hope this helps some of you out there!

on 11/23/2016 6:20:00 PM

Skin: Very Oily, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

I have really oily skin that most foundations slide off. I decided to try this because I have a friend who this foundation is so flawless and perfect on, and it lasts all day. It was a different story on my skin. I'm pale with freckles and it just looked really un-natural. It lasted all day, which no other foundation I have used before has, but it just didn't look good. Another huge downside for me was how much it affected the quality of my skin. Double wear made it dry in parts and just really dull. Finally, I completely stopped using this when all my hair line began to flake non-stop, and another one of my friends who tried it also experienced this problem. Probably one you have to try to see if it works for your skin. Now I use Mac studio fix with a beauty blender, porefessional by benefit underneath, and Laura Mercier translucent powder on top and it wears well during 12 hour days. Not as good as double wear but still quite well.

on 11/20/2016 10:10:00 AM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

Too bad it doesn't has pump :( the formula is very good, last all day even i don't using primer, full coverage, affordable price 👍🏻 i would recommend this Foundation. Don't forget to use moisturizer because it has matte finish. I use stippling brush to apply

on 11/18/2016 4:42:00 PM

Super full coverage, doesn't wear (although never worn without UD All Nighter Setting Spray) and covers all imperfections - I have breakouts on forehead and chin regular - usually using concealer to highlight areas.
This is so thick so it goes go cakey, and I've found it sets into the fine lines under my eyes. Other than that I love this product - my shade is Ecru.
This is the second high-end foundation I have bought, other being UD All Nighter foundation which oxidises horribly.

My go to foundation. The coverage is great and it does stay in place, especially with the help of a setting powder. You don't need to use much of the product, a little will go a long way.

Only downside would be that it doesn't come with a pump.

on 11/12/2016 8:56:00 PM

I'm really on the fence with this foundation. Firstly, I am in love with the longevity. Like everyone says, it lasts ALL day. All day. This is huge because of my extremely oily skin being a cause of concern for me. However formulation aside it actually has quite a few cons and I can't decide if they outweigh the one thing I actually need in a foundation, which is compatibility with my skin. The shades are a problem. I've tried numerous shades all of which have had a slight orange tint to them which is incredibly annoying and the only way I'm making it work now is by using a lighter powder to set. But by the end of the day I feel like I look really orange, unfortunately. Next, this is not one of those foundations that feel like you're not wearing any makeup. With this, I feel like I am wearing mask. It's heavy. It's not like some of my other foundations that look really natural on the skin. It's one of those foundations where your husband will tell you that you don't need all of that makeup on. So beware if you're going for a more natural look. All this aside, if you have oily skin this foundation is great but depending on your skin tone you'll really have to work with it to get your match perfect. Bottom line, would I repurchase this? Probably, but only because it is the longest lasting foundation I've ever used however, I would only use this on days that I really, really need it to go all day. I think for just an everyday type of foundation there are many better options out there.

on 11/10/2016 2:23:00 AM

Prep your skin correctly and use a damp beauty blender and you'll have a natural, long wearing foundation all day! This stuff seriously doesn't budge and I don't even wear primer. Only downfall is the packaging can get a little messy.

Estee Lauder Doublewear has got to be one of the most over rated foundations! Reviews online and all my friends raved about this foundation so I gave into all the hype.

The first problem with this foundation is the colour range. I was matched with Ivory Nude which I'm pretty sure is one of the lightest shades however it was a weird orange/yellow shade on my skin. I have no idea who has this shade of skin tone?

The second issue is that it has the worst texture I have ever seen. I have young, line free combination skin that is rectified with a good moisturiser however this foundation makes my skin look extremely dehydrated, shows fine lines I don't even have and makes my pores look HUGE.No matter if I use a buffing brush, foundation brush or damp sponge, it looks thick, powdery and cakey. From far away, it may look okay but close up it looks disgusting.

I always know when somebody is wearing this foundation because it is so thick and cakey.

The only positives I can think of is that it definitely is long lasting! I need to double cleanse to get this stuff off my face and thankfully it doesn't irritate or break my skin out.

Overall, a very disappointing foundation that doesn't work with my skin at all! It makes me look awful, really cheap and nasty looking. I expected so much more. Maybe it works best for really oily skin?

If you desperately want to try this foundation, I would recommend getting a sample as it is quite pricey. Needless to say, I'm still on the hunt for my HG foundation.