StriVectin StriVectin-AR Advanced Retinol Night Treatment

StriVectin StriVectin-AR Advanced Retinol Night Treatment

This was a tough one for me to review. There were some things I definitely liked about this retinol product, but some I didn't. For the likes, the smell and consistency were great, and it dried quickly. The dislikes I had were it wasn't very powerful and it has a very high price tag. For that amount of money, I was hoping it would be a stronger product. This might work for someone new to retinol, but seeing that I've used retinol before, it just wasn't strong enough for me.

Skin: Dry, Olive, Warm

Hair: Brown, Curly, Coarse

I used a sample of this product before buying - the sample was large enough to allow me to test the product for a week. On the second or third day I found it made my skin itch and I initially thought this product wouldn't work out, but the irritation went away by day four. I bought the full size product shortly thereafter so I wouldn't have a 'break' in using the product, and I've been using it for two full months now. I really like this product. It has a nice smoothing effect on the skin. I should note though, that I don't use it around my eyes. Retinols have a reputation for making the skin thinner (and then I've heard the exact opposite, so go figure) and I'm not willing to risk it. I use this product mainly on my forehead (where I've had lines for a while now) and chin/throat. I think it's helping and will continue using the product for a few more months to see if it makes a significant impact. Overall I like the product and would re-purchase, at least for a few more months of use.

on 3/5/2015 8:31:00 AM

I have been using this product nightly. When I stop using it I see a difference, my face looks less toned. It also leaves your face very soft. I never use it during the day. I apply it after I cleanse with my clarisonic, which is another of my favorite products. I am really interested in trying the new strivectin facial toning device but don't see any reviews on MA yet.

on 12/5/2014 9:04:00 PM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Warm

I'm new to the retinol creams and I was a bit leery of starting since I have uber sensitive skin but this product is AH-MAZE-ING!!! No scent which is so appealing to me and it makes my skin feel & look great! Everytime I used the sample (every other night), my husband would comment on how good my completion looked. Purchased full size 😊

on 8/3/2014 11:34:00 AM

I cannot speak to the long-term effects of this product, but I can say that I really enjoy the texture and the "tightening" effect, however temporary, this product brings to my face. I was expecting to experience a bit of irritation, but this product did not bother me in the least. I am a little disappointed that the ingredients list is chock full of ingredients that I cannot pronounce, but I will give it a shot. I am not sure if I would repurchase at this point.

Hair: Other, Straight, Fine

Just purchased my second tube of this. Love the combination of niacin and retinol. My skin is definiely brighter. This is a lightly scented lotion that applies easily into the skin. It is emollient enough that I do not require another moisturizer on top. This does not irritate my skin at all. You get a generous amount for the price. Update: after finishing my second tube of this, I have not noticed any improvement in fine lines and wrinkles.

on 4/1/2014 11:01:00 AM

Surprised everyone loved this.the smell did not bother me, I thought it was pleasant.used for two weeks, only on certain areas to compare and check.NOTHING, IN FACT I BROKE OUT IN HIVES. Tried on neck to see if there would be a difference, it stung I did not break put there but it made my skin wrinkle and shrivel.
Would not buy again, just wasn't for me.

on 9/18/2013 11:49:00 AM

Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Neutral

Hair: Brown, Other, Medium

I've been using this product for almost two months now, so I feel that I can give it a fair review. I'd wanted to all a retinol product to my skin care regimen, but because I have melasma, I didn't want to give up using niacin products. Since this has both, I decided to try it. It works. It's keeping my brown spots in check and may be lightening them a bit, and the retinol is definitely improving my wrinkles--marionette lines and one on my forehead over my left eye. This is a thick yellow cream that doesn't feel heavy when applied (although, because shea butter is high up on the list, I doubt that oily skins would like it). I've had no breakouts or irritation, and my skin looks plumped up and hydrated, even after I wash it off. I did feel a slight tingle the first few times I used it, and still do after exfoliating, but it's minor. And it comes in a tube, so it's sanitary and easy to use. It is expensive at $108 for 1.7 oz, but given the amount needed and the results, I'll cough it up. (And you can get good bargains if you keep an eye out for them.) I will repurchase this product--it's a winner!

Ingredients: Aqua (Water, Eau), Glycerin, Myristyl Nicotinate, Butyrospermum Parkii (Shea) Butter, Caprylic/Capric/Myristic/Stearic Triglyceride, Di-C12-15 Alkyl Fumarate, C12-15 Alkyl Benzoate, Glyceryl Stearate, Propanediol, Myristyl Myristate, Steareth-2, Dimethicone, Jojoba Esters, Stearyl Alcohol, Steareth-21, Caprylic/Capric Triglyceride, Pentylene Glycol, Retinol, Retinyl Palmitate, Bisabolol, Sodium Ascorbate, Enteromorpha Compressa Extract, Sodium Hyaluronate, Panthenol, Hexapeptide-3, Aloe Barbadensis Leaf Juice Powder, Resveratrol, Tocopherol, Tocopheryl Acetate, Caesalpinia Spinosa Gum, PEG-40 Hydrogenated Castor Oil, Sorbitan Oleate, Butylene Glycol, Xanthan Gum, Acrylamide/Sodium Acryloyldimethyltaurate Copolymer, Caprylyl Glycol, Isohexadecane, Parfum (Fragrance), Benzyl Alcohol, Silica, Aminomethyl Propanol, Polysorbate 80, Disodium EDTA, Potassium Sorbate, Benzoic Acid, Sorbic Acid, Citric Acid, Phenoxyethanol, BHT, Chlorphenesin, Limonene.

I am 33 years old and have VERY problematic skin. Acne breakouts, large pores around my nose, some discoloration, etc. I have spent so much money on products that promise you the moon,and ended up making my skin look worse!! I have sensitive skin, so anything with retinol in it scared me. When I read about this product and that it will not be harsh on the skin, I figured, "what the hell." Well, I love it! My skin looks smoother and the acne that was on my chin has cleared up. I have had no reactions from the retinol either. It is costly, but it does last for a few months.

on 8/7/2013 5:17:00 PM

Always on the lookout for a good night time facial product so saw this one at Costco and decided to give it a try. The StriVectin brand has a good reputation so thought it would be hard to go wrong. Didn't expect the results I got though. I noticed a difference in my skin in less than a week, after applying it every night. Fine wrinkles around my eyes and lips were less noticeable and my skin felt smoother and softer. The instructions said there might be some "slight tingling" after application but I didn't notice that at all. I apply under my eyes too so that eliminates an eye cream too! This new product from StriVectin is well worth purchasing.