NYX Professional Makeup Dewy Finish Setting Spray

3.5

Water/Aqua/Eau, Alcohol, Propylene Glycol, PVP, Disodium EDTA, Niacinamide, Phenoxyethanol

Doesn't mist, so I had to change out the cap for my elf setting spray caps. Minimal dewiness, wouldn't notice the difference between elf and this except this left me feeling a bit sticky. Probably wouldn't repurchase. I'll stick to elf setting sprays.

this is the first time I try a dewy setting spray but I have to say it leaves my makeup looking dewy and gets rid of my powdery look. Especially in this summer that my skin is much drier, It also makes my makeup stay on much longer than it did before without it (about 8hours ). Definitely will buy again.

Skin: Dry, Fair, Warm

Hair: Other, Other, Fine

Love this stuff! I've tried many different high-end setting sprays and this one wins for me. It is a perfect setting spray, keeping your makeup flawless, bright and in place all day/night. It also gives just the right amount of dewy glow which also lasts and lasts. For around $7 this stuff is a lifesaver. Be careful not to spray too much or it will leave you feeling sticky, only a few sprays is necessary. Definitely recommend this as an alternative to the urban decay setting spray.

Skin: Dry, Olive, Not Sure

Works a lot better than my FIX +, it really does give a dewy, natural glow. My dry skin tends to get cakey after applying powder, and this just makes all the products on my face melt into one flawless canvas. Its cheap, and sets my makeup perfectly! The only downside is the smell - its very toxic and unpleasant but oh well! Also, the cap came off my tube and is unable to get back on. Not a big deal

Skin: Dry, Dark, Warm

Hair: Brown, Curly, Medium

I tried this spray looking for a cheaper alternative to the FIX + but I actually might bite the bullet and purchase the fix plus anyway. I hated this stuff. Yes it is inexpensive but it made me so greasy it was ridiculous. I do think it made my makeup last a little longer but for how greasy I looked it wasnt worth it. Also it was 7.99 for such a small bottle. In my opnion it should have been only 4.99. Im not sure if I will buy the matte spray. Sorry NYX

Skin: Very Oily, Fair-Medium, Neutral

Let me just start off by saying this setting spray has literally saved my face! This is my first ever setting spray & I have no desire to try out any other. Why change something in your routine that already works so well? I have super oily skin & everything just melts & rubs off onto my every day all day eye glasses no matter the primer or amount of powder I use. It may confuse some people as to why this "Dewy Finish" spray would work so well for me when I know Nyx has a matte finish version but this one was the only one available at my target & at only $8 I thought why not. This spray is definitely hairspray for your face which for oily skin is such a good thing. This keeps my face so transfer resistant & I can even use it on my Kat Von D Lock it Tattoo foundation which is too thick & full coverage to use a powder over top to set it. I love the size of this as well, just perfect to put in your purse & touch up with when you're feeling hot & gross & need something to refresh your skin & keep the oils at bay. Oily skinned girls, don't be afraid of the Dewy Finish label because this just might work for you too :)

Skin: Dry, Olive, Neutral

Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Coarse

** Parent Company Tests On Animals **

ETA: This week NYX was sold to L'Oreal who conduct animal testing. I have adjusted my rating from 5 lippies to 1 in order to reflect this. I will not re-purchase.
ETA # 2: The dewy finish is minimal.. I've been wearing this every day for a few weeks now & while it does extend the longevity of my makeup the absence of dewiness lowers the Skindinavia dupe percentage to about 70%.

Previously I've used the unparalleled Skindinavia Bridal Makeup Finish Setting Spray which I feel unable to use now because I'm unsure whether it's sold in China (ie, tested on animals). Dare I quote him again..? The one & only gossmakeupartist reviewed this & said it's a dupe for Skindinavia Bridal Finish - I definitely agree it's a 90% dupe but a fraction of the cost. (Skindinavia is about $40 including postage, NYX Makeup Setting Spray is $15 from Target and I found it on another site for $8). I'll reiterate the main points of my Skindinavia review as they're basically the same: it keeps preserves the airbrushed finish I've applied in the AM right through to PM. It's also good to tone down the dry look of when you've used too much powder. This is the fourth type of setting spray I've tried & the nozzle is just right - it actually mists rather than squirts. Other brands' nozzles squirt a stream of liquid which is annoying & counter-productive. I haven't had an adverse reaction to this myself but other people might want to be aware of this product's faint smell of alcohol in case you have sensitive skin. Will definitely re-purchase!

Skin: Dry, Medium, Not Sure

I bought NYX dewy spray thinking it was going to set my makeup great. It dried out my skin and it made my makeup look flaky. I have dry skin, but I moisturize it A LOT and the next day my skin went back to normal. I don't recommend for people who have dry to combination skin.

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Cool

I was interested in trying the "dewy" look after so many years of tried and true matte finish products. I did not want to splurge on UD dewy version, so I gave NYX a try. NYX is one of the very few drugstore cosmetics that I like to use, I usually use HE. This setting spray works very well. I also find if I need to do a little more blending and my foundation is set, spray and blend. I am pleased with this setting spray. I mostly still reach from my deslick from UD because I love my matte finsh, but dewy will be my spring setting spray.

Personally I think this setting spray works well. It does what it says by keeping my makeup in place and leaves me with a glowing dewy finish. I was going to buy the matte finish until I tried a sample of this one. I have combination skin and this didn't seem to dry my face out like the other reviews.
Overall I think it's a good product for the price and will most likely try out the matte spray too.