NYX Professional Makeup Dewy Finish Setting Spray

3.5

Water/Aqua/Eau, Alcohol, Propylene Glycol, PVP, Disodium EDTA, Niacinamide, Phenoxyethanol

I have dry skin and after I sprayed this on top of my foundation my face became sticky and I couldnt stop myself from wanting to scratch my face because it stung my face, made it feel tight, and felt sweaty.

Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Neutral

Hair: Other, Straight, Fine

I've been using the It Cosmetics Celebration Foundation Illumination and thought maybe I would have to go to a cc cream for winter as my skin tends to get dry. I'm not sure why but I really do prefer mineral makeup, perhaps because it doesn't feel like I have makeup on. Well my skin didn't get dry but I wanted to have a bit of a dewy finish and an SA at Ulta recommended trying the NYX Dewy Finish Setting Spray. So after applying my It Cosmetics I give a spray or two of the NYX and really love the results. It's not high sheen, not sparkly just a nice dewy glow. I really love the way my makeup looks after application and it seems to last the day. Such a nice find as I was thinking I'd have to give up mineral/powders during the winter months.

This is my new beauty juice!!!!! Wow wow wow !!! I have recently become more invested in the makeup products I buy ,specifically those for the face. I had always seen makeup artists use a "setting spray" which I always found a little strange given it seemed as though they were dousing a perfectly make-upped faced with water but I still nonetheless found the concept fascinating and wanted to try it out for myself. I knew about the MAC version of this product but thought I would try out the NYX dewy version as a cheaper alternative . Wow was I ever impressed! I have skin on the drier side so I chose the dewy finish over the matte finish. I used my beauty balm as a base along with powder and blush and concealer. I gave my face a good 5-10 sprays of this juice to finish off my look and I have to say I was really astounded. I have always been more interested in a dewy, natural finish simply because of my dry skin and the fact that I feel hydrated skin looks youthful....well, this stuff does the trick! My skin was dewy alright. It appeared moistured, fresh, and youthful. My makeup stayed all day too. My only and I mean ONLY concern with this product is the alcohol ingredient ...not sure how I feel about the alcohol content being in the product so for that reason I may switch to the MAC version provided it works the same. Still, I will continue to use it!

So main ingredient = water. Also alcohol which is drying. It does work, especially if you wear powder or a powder based foundation like Mac Studio Fix but so does Evian spray and the spray is finer. I would rather buy a fine nozzled bottle and fill with mineral water and keep in the fridge. The power of marketing! Hey ho, would not repurchase

Skin: Combination, Tan, Warm

Helps makeup wear longer: CHECK! Has lasting dewy finish. CHECK! Value priced. CHECK!!
Many pros!

But one major CON is that the spray nozzle delivers WAY TOO MUCH product. My face felt like I walked out of a shower first time I sprayed this on... ok, maybe I exaggerate. But you know, UD Allnighter has a lovely fine mist in comparison. More is NOT better with this NYX setting spray, I'm afraid. It creates an uncomfortable plastic-y feeling film. On dry days, can feel itchy. Yuck. By end of day, you can rub your makeup off in little balls with your fingers, if you are inclined to do so. haha.

Decant this product into a bottle with a finer spray nozzle, is my advice

Doesn't mist, so I had to change out the cap for my elf setting spray caps. Minimal dewiness, wouldn't notice the difference between elf and this except this left me feeling a bit sticky. Probably wouldn't repurchase. I'll stick to elf setting sprays.

this is the first time I try a dewy setting spray but I have to say it leaves my makeup looking dewy and gets rid of my powdery look. Especially in this summer that my skin is much drier, It also makes my makeup stay on much longer than it did before without it (about 8hours ). Definitely will buy again.

Skin: Dry, Fair, Warm

Hair: Other, Other, Fine

Love this stuff! I've tried many different high-end setting sprays and this one wins for me. It is a perfect setting spray, keeping your makeup flawless, bright and in place all day/night. It also gives just the right amount of dewy glow which also lasts and lasts. For around $7 this stuff is a lifesaver. Be careful not to spray too much or it will leave you feeling sticky, only a few sprays is necessary. Definitely recommend this as an alternative to the urban decay setting spray.

Skin: Dry, Olive, Not Sure

Works a lot better than my FIX +, it really does give a dewy, natural glow. My dry skin tends to get cakey after applying powder, and this just makes all the products on my face melt into one flawless canvas. Its cheap, and sets my makeup perfectly! The only downside is the smell - its very toxic and unpleasant but oh well! Also, the cap came off my tube and is unable to get back on. Not a big deal

Skin: Dry, Dark, Warm

Hair: Brown, Curly, Medium

I tried this spray looking for a cheaper alternative to the FIX + but I actually might bite the bullet and purchase the fix plus anyway. I hated this stuff. Yes it is inexpensive but it made me so greasy it was ridiculous. I do think it made my makeup last a little longer but for how greasy I looked it wasnt worth it. Also it was 7.99 for such a small bottle. In my opnion it should have been only 4.99. Im not sure if I will buy the matte spray. Sorry NYX