NYX Professional Makeup Dewy Finish Setting Spray

3.5

Water/Aqua/Eau, Alcohol, Propylene Glycol, PVP, Disodium EDTA, Niacinamide, Phenoxyethanol

I wanted to like this but could not get past the awful smell. Ugh, it's seriously that bad. I tried to get past and just hold my breath. Then I just tossed it in the trash bin. It was inexpensive so I didn't feel too bad. But still, it really needs to be addressed. It could be a great product. I've heard others complain about the same issue so I know it was not just a bad bottle. I'll move on to the Sally Beauty Supply Spray and Stay. It's been great!

This spray really gives you a nice healthy glow which comes in useful if your skin is looking a bit dry after foundation powder blusher etc it's a bargain too

I do like this spray. I've never found any makeup sprays to be that fantastic even the Urban Decay. This is up there with the rest of them for staying power. I chose the dewy because most of my makeup is matte looking and my skin dry in winter. It is dewy but not so much that it makes my skin look oily, a nice light fresh look. It does feel a little tacky on the skin but not enough for me to stop using it. Overall I do recommend it and will buy it again.

This spray works fine as far as setting makeup but I didn't care for the smell...like alcohol all over my face.

Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Neutral

Hair: Black, Wavy, Coarse

I've tried a variety of setting sprays and have always ended up with Mac Studio Fix. I really wanted to try something cruelty free but obviously something that worked. This product is definitely that. It sets my makeup all day and has a beautiful glowy finish that is perfect for drier skin. it enhances my highliters like no other! For the price you can't go wrong. The only con is I wish the spray was a finer mist.

Skin: Very Dry, Fair, Not Sure

I'm honestly a huge fan of setting sprays and I know some people don't bother using them but I think they really help the wear and longevity of your foundation. My favourite even though it's not really a setting spray is fix plus I love how it takes away the powdery finish on foundations. But fix plus is quite expensive so I decided to pick this up when I saw it in boots in the uk and I'm so glad I did. I went for the dewy version because my skin is dry and I pack on the powder and creams.

It's not as good as fix plus for getting rid of the powdery finish but it does help a little
It's amazing for keeping the foundation on all day though.
For the price and the amount you get it's pretty good. Mixed with other setting sprays this could be even better. Can't complain really I think I may try out the matte version but I feel that wouldn't be as suitable for me.

Defo pick this up if you're looking for a more affordable setting spray

This is such a good budget spray! It takes away that powdery look and lasts about 7-9 hours. It dosen’t last all day and can make your make fade a bit during the day.

I dont know about this product... when i use it. it didnt breakout myskin... my T ZONE didnt get oily.. but since i have a combination skin this spray makes my cheeks dry.. and my make up looks cakey.. i dont know.. maybe i spray so much or maybe the i spray too close to my face.. and the smell.. it's so disturbing.. but the price is affordable.. but i'm not gonna repurchase it

Skin: Very Oily, Olive, Warm

Hair: Brunette, Straight, Coarse

I'm someone with oily skin but I just don't care for the matte foundation look. I have two great full coverage foundations but they can look too "done" and mask like. I tried spritzing water over these foundations but that really doesn't help the problem long term. I saw this NYX dewy setting spray at CVS and thought this could be the trick. I'm so happy I picked this up! It really does transform any mask like foundation into one that appears more natural. It doesn't actually give me a dewy look, it softens the harshness of the foundation. Another great quality about this setting spray is that it doesn't disturb any of my face makeup included mascara and liner. It doesn't make my makeup run or smear. Also, it doesn't irritate my skin or make me greasy. It feels so refreshing on the face too! For the price, you can't beat it! THUMBS UP and will repurchase this when I run out.

So I'm pretty new in the setting spray scene so I have nothing to compare this to, but I have to say so far I'm pretty damn impressed. This gives such a beautiful glow without looking shiny or greasy, and it helps to freeze my makeup when I first apply it and when it looks great. Obviously my makeup still goes a bit odd by the end of the day, but I find this is also really good for refreshing it when it starts to go a bit dodgy. I found it to be a super great product and I love it so much, I've been getting so many compliments on my makeup and the seamlessness of it which has never happened before. It really does make my foundation look beautiful, but it looks natural as well. I'd really really recommend this :) Definitely better than powder in my opinion, absolutely my holy grail makeup item :)