Garnier Miracle Dry Oil

Garnier Miracle Dry Oil

3.2

I've tried so many hair oils and shine treatments and I'm always left disappointed. Most oils leave my hair greasy and make me break out, and shine treatments contain silicone which looks great at first but dries out my hair after weeks of use. This is the first oil I've tried that looks really natural once my hair dries. I think the secret is to put it on just-out-of-the-shower hair and only use a little. Same thing with putting it on your skin, only use the tiniest bit and put on on very damp skin. I haven't tried it on my face yet because I'm so acne prone but I might try it since it hasn't caused any problems with my sensitive skin so far. I'm not sure of some of the other reviewers got an old bottle since oils can go rancid but mine smells wonderful. In the bottle it smells like citrus but on my hair and skin it smells like tropical candy. I'm really happy I found this product and it was only $5.99! That is so much cheaper than all the other hair oils I've been trying so far.

Skin: Acne-prone, Medium, Not Sure

I received this product via bzzagent and was excited to try it. Garnier describes this as a miracle oil that can be used on your hair, body, and face. It contains olive, avocado, and shea oils which are to provide nourishment leaving your skin soft and hair silky. I gave it a go on my hair dry and damp. Both times my hair looked like it hadn't been washed in weeks. Grease city. I also tried it on my body and it did absorb pretty quickly but I still felt there was a bit of greasy residue left over. I didn't even think about putting it on my face because I only imagined the horrid breakout it would likely cause. If you have super thick and coarse hair, this might work for you...otherwise don't waste your time.

on 2/20/2013 7:13:00 AM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Neutral

Everything about this oil sounded like perfection to me. The whole idea of it was fabulous, especially for my dry frizzy uber fine hair. But one spray and I just couldn't use it again. The smell was just repugnant to me. I tried to use it again, but just could not get past that smell. I am not talking, not my scent, it kind of made me gag. So before you try this smell it, just to be sure you can handle the scent.

on 2/19/2013 11:43:00 PM

Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Neutral

I have been searching everywhere for a great dry oil - and I FINALLY found one with this product! Last year I bought a very expensive bottle of a French brand dry oil while in NYC and after I ran out I have been unable to find anything decent where I live (Chicago). The other day I ran across this product while at Target and noticed it was part of Garnier's new Argan Oil line. I've used other products within the line that are just so-so. But this dry oil is amazing. On the packaging it states that you can use it on your hair, skin and face. I have used it everywhere and it is mild and incredibly moisturizing and doesn't irritate my skin in the least. It is great on my hair; I use it after it is dry and it adds shine and tames frizz without making it oily. The best part of a good dry oil is the ability to get the benefits of an oil without any oily residue because dry oil absorbs quickly and dries (duh lol!) dry. Maybe why they call it DRY oil??! ;) Additionally, I use body oil or baby oil (the cheap thin kind) to shave. I have never ha razor burns or bumps since I started doing this. I've been using this dry oil as a pre AND post shave product and it is wonderful! I'm typically not a huge fan of Garnier products but I would highly recommend this very versatile product!