Garnier Miracle Dry Oil

Garnier Miracle Dry Oil

3.2

on 1/19/2014 12:13:00 AM

Okay so, I got really excited last summer when I found this. Oil? That I could supposedly use on my hair and body? Heck yeah, gotta try this! I was seduced by the idea of dry (which I naively thought would mean lightweight) oil. Especially at the price. Probably $4 CDN.
Took it home and started trying it out. Tried it out on my skin. And immediately noticed how shitty the bottle was to hold with dry-oily hands. Maybe I'm a clumsy girl but the roundness of the bottle is hard to hold to spray it. So on my skin, I really didn't mind it. A really nice glow for summertime, especially on my legs and arms. Not bad. Nothing thrilling, no fireworks.
Then I tried it on my hair. What a mistake. It really made my hair look like I hadn't showered in a week! Disgusting. I have since found better hair oil (Thank you L'Oreal mythic hair oil!), and even better face and body oil (shout outs to the body shops beautifying oil in coconut). Both of these have better packaging, and far better scents. Sorry, Garnier.

Skin: Acne-prone, Other, Not Sure

For the first time in my life, my hair is greasy. Suave's
Moroccan Oil does not do that. Use SPARINGLY.

on 10/20/2013 3:15:00 PM

Skin: Normal, Dark, Not Sure

I actually really enjoy this product..Many people are not liking it really due to the fact that it makes your hair too greasy and I'm guessing that it is people who are Caucasian that have that certain hair type.. Their hair type should probably stay away from this since it provides unnecessary moisture that their hair can already provide for them and doesn't need. AA hair ( my hair on the other hand ) does well with products like this since our hair doesn't producer oils as well as other hair types. This is perfect for my thick hair and GREAT for black hair like another user said because it gives us the moisture that we need. Like I said earlier I don't really recommend this for other large varieties of hair types because It may overgrease the hair and weigh it down. Hope I helped :)

"Aliens abducted me last night and I woke up in a field in northern Ireland." There's about as much truth to that statement as "This product makes my skin glow and my hair shine. It's awesome." No. No. No. But maybe extraterrestrials were, in fact, involved in the making of this golden-hued catastrophe, as it has clearly been reverse-engineered by maniacal forces using mysterious technology. The alien agenda is as follows: their skin will break out. Their hair will look like grease. They will smell like baby powder and not know why. Roswell!
Once again, garnier has done it. Congratulations. Your wizards created another confusingly-scented (yet really good, you effers) but truly dysfunctional product. I actually had a temporary spiritual crisis after trying it. I got better but I don't want to relive it. Please, create something that doesn't test my faith in an Old Testament plague kind of way. Thanks, love you, mean it.

on 9/23/2013 8:33:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Neutral

I don't like this for my hair, but it is great for my legs. I would give this a 4 for my legs, but like a 2 or a 1 for my hair. I will try it again in my hair as the weather gets colder and dryer to see if I get better performance. Hopefully it will be less greasy than when I tried it this summer. If it still looks terrible in my hair I will definitely use it on my legs. It is slightly greasy at first, but less so than oils like coconut oil. It is easy to just spray on your legs and rub in quickly. Has a nice pleasant scent, but it might bother someone who is sensitive to fragrance.

I can see myself buying this again for my legs and skin, but not so much my hair. I will try it again for my hair when the air is dryer and my hair gets frizzy and dried out to see if my opinion changes on this product. I will update if it does. :)

I have thick wavy hair, and during the colder seasons I tend to have split ends. In an attempt to remedy that problem I picked this up, and boy do I regret it. I will admit, I have used this on my body and it gave a slight moisturized feeling, but it was also greasy. On my hair, the grease problem is at least twofold. I sprayed this on the ends, massaged and spread it through, and waited for about half an hour to see if it would absorb, and it hadn't budged a bit. It had looked like I hadn't washed my hair at all in the past month. It took two hefty duty washes and a brush through with dry shampoo to get all of that oil out of my hair. Seriously, it was gross. The smell of the product is also somewhat off, so if you're sensitive to smells, please stay away. I loved the concept, but the put out isn't right. Will not be purchasing again.

Love this. My hair gets a little greasy at the roots towards the end of the day so I was a little doubtful at first since I thought I'd just get my hair all gross if I used this. BUT it's light and NON-greasy and makes my hair looks soft and shiny and smooth. My hair's always been on the dry side, especially my ends. And for the first time in my life, my hair doesn't look like hay! :D

I have medium-length hair, and 1-2 pumps is enough for all over my hair.

on 6/21/2013 6:46:00 AM

Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Cool

Ooolala.great on dry hair but absolutely divine on tanned skin. I wore this and got compliments out of the blue on how good my legs looked. Gives you that VS glow.
Have already bought 2 back ups.I have Booths Dry Monoi oil and Proclaim Miracle 7 but this one tops both of those.Beats plain oils as it has a lovely light smell too.
A mulititasker you can use on hair, face,oil, figure that 1 product for 3 uses is a steal and travel must.

on 5/31/2013 8:55:00 AM

Skin: Normal, Medium, Neutral

Hair: Black, Wavy, Coarse

I love this styling oil! I usually use only all natural oils on my hair but I use them before shampooing, and I wasn't pleased with their effect on clean hair, since they make clean hair look oily. So I wanted to try out a dry oil. I got this one because it's cheap and IT IS SO NICE!! I am SOOO pleased with it! I have very thick, coarse, dry, long, curly hair, so I do need quite a bit. I actually squirted on FOUR pumps on each side of the hair the first time I used it, because I was used to the teentsy tiny pump on The Body Shop's grapeseed oil. I used it on damp hair. I was afraid it would look greasy, on damp hair it made the hair look shiny and oily. But I was so amazed, when it was dry, there was no sign of the oil at all! All I had was shiny, soft, bouncy, silky hair that was a pleasure to touch! The next time I tried just 2 pumps on each side but it wasn't enough, even on wet hair it didn't look like I had put anything on. So now I use 3 pumps on each side. But like I said, that is because I have very thick, coarse, dry, long, curly hair, and I think I could dunk it in a whole bottle of oil and it still wouldn't look greasy! But if you have thin or fine hair, or not a lot of hair, or oily hair, then I would recommend you only use a small amount. I also love the smell, I guess that's just personal taste. It sort of smells like sweet flowers, but the smell doesn't linger.

I'm a huge fan of dry oil because it makes my hair very shiny and straightens it out. I use it about once a month as a deep treatment and it helps prepare it for any use of heating treatments. I used this before going to prom and my straightened hair looked like i got a brazilian blowout. I have used other oils such as a moroccan oil which i think worked better for my hair but none the less it's a good dry oil to try at least once.

Popular Styling Products