Lolita Lempicka Lolita Lempicka

Lolita Lempicka Lolita Lempicka
Lolita Lempicka ad

3.7

on 11/22/2014 8:55:00 AM

I've tried LL, because the vanilla, the praline and the tonka bean sounded great, but all I got was a candied violet. It's said to be an offspring of Angel, and I couldn't agree more. It's extremely loud and dissonant. Two things are put together which should never be put together, in this case a flower and sugar. It might be brave and a work of art, but I find it unpleasant and unwearable.

Mom is a perfume fanatic , she loves any and every kind of "good" smell ...She adores perfumes ..I remember a very dear friend gifted her with this eccentric perfume when it first came out in the 1990's ..It looked bizarre , expensive and both Mom & me were SO eager to try it ...Once tried all the eagerness crumpled !!! ...So strange a perfume , I don't think it's sugary or sweet at all , it simply smells like "Pampers" or nappies in general before it's used ...! Sorry for the shocking description , but that 's it really , it's neither a girly perfume nor a woman's fragrance ..I read the story behind it here in the reviews and I am certain now it was made for a peodo's victim ...a sickly obssession of an old man to a young under-age "Lolita " ( that what his nose would like to smell ) ....Sorry , to all fans but that is my honest opinion ....

The prettiest bottle, and the fragrance is indeed girly and sexy, just what you'd expect from the name. My one issue is that if you drop the bottle, the stem (which you need to spray the product) can break. This happened to me, and I was unable to finish my bottle. Sucks! But I love this perfume SO much that I will take the chance of that happening again. (Thank God the perfume isn't as expensive as something like Chanel. I actually bought mine at a TJ Maxx store.) So I recommend LL, just remember to be careful with the bottle ladies!

Update: I still love this perfume. But it's not exactly something I can wear all day every day, which is why Victoria's Secret Heavenly is still my fave. (It's light and not overpowering, yet still sexy like Lolita.)

Update 2: While it says LIMITED data, I'm still concerned about this being rated a 10 on the EWG site (which rates how harmful different products are 0-10, the higher score, the worse the product).

Also, I was at Ulta recently, and the store's bottle was broken too! LL really needs to change the stem/spritzer. As much as I once adored this perfume, I may not repurchase (only if I can find it cheap)

Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Cool

gorgeous bottle, very fairytale I LOVE the scent of this, immediate burst of anise, followed by slightly powdery violet which lasts well into the dry down with a hint of vanilla musk. Long lasting, could smell this the day after! However more than one spritz gives me a headache, so i spray my wrists then rub my neck. It's up there as one of my favourites. I love how it's not as readily available so i don't know anyone who uses this !

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Neutral

Recieved this in a swap. Thank goodness I didnt pay for it. Yuck. This is like a gourmand fragrance gone rancid. The Licorice and Anis are way to prominent. Spicy but not in a good way. Its a very complicated scent that just doesnt agree with my skin. Definitly wont be going out to buy a bottle. Would like to swap the one I have.

*Edit* Im changing it to a 4 because I have become oddly obsessed with this. It has grown on me and now I love it!!

on 6/23/2011 11:55:00 AM

Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Cool

This fragrance has the most gorgeous bottle and the best thing is it sprays from the stem of the apple! Very cute :D
The scent is gorgeous. It has a kind of strong initial scent that is a little spicy, but dries down to a lovely musk with a more sensual vanilla.
It lasts a long time and lingers vanilla, so when you're in the mood to smell a little warm yet fresh, this is definitely the way to go.

on 6/13/2011 12:55:00 PM

I've got this perfum as a gift. I felt in love with this. Now I have been using another bottle. People often asked me what I had. Overall I would like to keep buying !

This is the only fragance which I have repurchased and that is saying alot. I do really like this smell, reminds me of French summer evenings. I do like it, but i only gave it 4, because I am now craving to purchase other fragrances to try out. I find its quite expensive too. But usually buy it in sales.

Just had to comment on this before I return it... obviously, scents smell differently on most everyone; this fragrance was definitely not for me! It settled to what i can only be described as melted jolly ranchers mixed with musk and something old and musty... it was not pleasant and I could not wait to get home and shower. The packaging is so adorable and this smelled tastefully fruity and warm to me at first sniff, but back to the store it goes!

on 3/6/2011 5:52:00 PM

I've worn this perfume off and on for many years now. Everytime I wear it it brings back so many great memories.. a blast from the past! Great scent.

Popular Fragrances