Lolita Lempicka Lolita Lempicka

Lolita Lempicka ad

3.7

on 5/4/2009 1:57:00 AM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

I've been wearing Lolita Lempicka since the scent first came on the market, and I never tire of it. On my skin it lingers with a beautiful dry down. It is a very comforting scent to me. I also love the initial burst of anise when I first apply it. I get many compliments on this one.

on 2/28/2009 10:32:00 AM

Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Cool

I go through phases of wearing this daily, it is very whimsical and light, while being mysterious and complex. The violet, vanilla, and musk shine through on me personally, while every once in a while I get a whiff of green (the ivy I suppose). This does not smell of licorice or baby powder on me at all. While it fades to my nose, others notice it on me at the end of the day - and I have received several compliments. If you want nothing more than a decorative bottle on you dresser, go for it. If you want to really wear this I suggest trying it because it wears very differently on different people.

on 12/28/2008 4:49:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

I tend to like scents that fall into the sweet category, while I'm not crazy for floral ones. This scent here is definitely very sweet and feminine, but to me it smells so floral it gets cloying, plus I don't really find anything memorable about it, though most people seem to find it unique. That was quite a surprise to me because I adore L, however this one is very different. All in all not my favourite.
Oh, forgot to mention that the bottle is adorable.

Hair: Blond, Wavy, Coarse

hmm... i was unimpressed with this perfume at first... i originally wanted to buy the green bottle, but oops bought the purple. it's grown on me a lot. it smells very strong at first, but then mellows out to a vanilla-y thing that is totally bearable. this scent is kinda unique too. i think it's good for fall and winter... it might not be light enough for spring/summer. give it a try!

update: I LOVE THIS PERFUME! it has a very complex warm scent that changes and evolves as you wear it. it's floral and also spicy and musky and soft... it's been two weeks and I havent gotten bored with it yet... which is awesome because I have beauty ADD. my boyfriend likes it too. . . which is good because he didnt like Amazing Grace, my fave scent. (shame on him). this is awesome.

on 9/22/2008 7:03:00 AM

Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

This was a beautifully subtle fragrance. Not overly cloying with just the right amount of depth. However, it smells completely like licorice on me (no bug repellent, no headache). I hate the taste, smell and sight of licorice but if you like such a smell, i really recommend this because it is simply candy in a bottle .........

Sampled this today, It is very sweet, spicy, slighty powdery and very similar to Angel in the drydown but not as strong. I like it in small amounts.

on 1/21/2008 3:28:00 PM

Adorable bottle, and super yummy juice. It is sweet - like liquid candy, but it's warm and comforting and just makes me feel magical. It's something a mischieveous fairy would love. Very long lasting and it gets better and better as it dries down.

Love love love this! I first smelled it in France about 10 years ago but didn't get around to acquiring a bottle until recently, and I can't believe I let this one go for so long. It's just beautiful; I don't know how else to describe it, except for perhaps "different." It's definitely that. I don't get why it's often described as "girly," though--to me, girly equals floral or candy-sweet fragrances like a teenager would wear, and Lolita is a tad more sophisticated. My only complaint is that it stays just a bit too close to the skin for my taste, because when I wear a perfume like this I want people to smell me! However, I find that it's long-lasting (I have the EDP) and I usually still notice it the next morning after a night out, which makes up for the lack of loudness.

on 12/12/2007 5:09:00 PM

This is a really different-smelling fragrance, with notes of aniseed, ivy leaves, violets, iris roots, vetiver, tonka been, vanilla and musk. I can mainly smell a warm, sweet vanilla at first, then the aniseed , then it mellows out to a woody scent but still smells beautiful. It lasts for quite a while too, and I like the fact that it isn't really powerful- you can smell it, but it's not a head-spinning strength like some other perfumes. The bottle is what drew me to buy this fragrance- it is just beautiful! It's a sort of apple-shaped bottle, with lilac coloured glass. The actual spray button is in the shape of a golden apple stem, and there are also leaves and vines painted on the glass. The only thing I don't like about this is the name 'Lolita'- I know that it is named after the designer, Lolita Lempicka, but the name reminds me of the book 'Lolita' by Vladimir Nabokov, which is basically about a man who becomes sexually obsessed with a 12 year old girl, who he nicknames Lolita. According to Wikipedia, "The name "Lolita" has entered pop culture to describe a sexually precocious young girl." and I guess that's what turns me off the fragrance...stupid, I know! I really like this fragrance but not enough to buy it again, because while it smells beautiful I've definitely smelled better.

on 9/29/2007 9:35:00 PM

Skin: Other, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

i really wanted to love this - my very un-sentimental boyfriend surprised me with it years ago. i think its just ok. i like super flowery scents and this one reminds me a lot of sweet baby powder. or an old lady. lol maybe its just how it mixes with me, but its nothing great. don't get me wrong, its not repulsive and i'll wear it, but not my HG. the bottle is gorgeous but not portable and i like to freshen up sometimes.

Popular Fragrances