Lolita Lempicka Lolita Lempicka

Lolita Lempicka ad

3.7

on 10/23/2009 8:41:00 PM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

I've finally bought this after hemming and hawing about it. I had received the L de Lolita Lempicka as a gift for my b-day (you can see the separate review there), but this one is the one I've been wanting. It works well with my body chemistry; perfume is a very subjective thing, and I know this smells off with some people, but this one worked on me. I do spritz lightly into the air and walk through the falling mist, then touch the wet tip to my wrists, and that's enough. So happy to finally have this scent. The staying power of this scent is very good, which is why this one gets the full 5 lippies.

Edit: I spritzed both my Lolita Lempicka scents directly on my arm rather than walk through the mist as an experiment. I can pick out some of the more complex notes, a little bit green, and I can pick out the anise notes. I absolutely love this scent. I'm actually sitting here sniffing my arm.

Edit 9/2011: I think my body chemistry changed. This doesn't smell as pleasant as before, almost acrid and sharp for a while. I'll drop it down to 4 lippies.

on 9/18/2007 12:49:00 AM

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Cool

A couple of years ago, I was on a vacation with some girlfriends, and we were getting ready to go out. One of my friends applied Lolita Lempicka (which I had never heard of before then), and I commented to her that she smelled so good that *I* wanted to pick up on her...and I'm straight! She made me wear some as well, and when we went out that night, I got SO many comments on how good I smelled. I went home after that vacation and immediately went online to Sephora to order a bottle.

Needless to say, I love this scent, and it's now my signature fragrance. It's so complex that it's hard to describe, but it's spicy with a bit of citrus and musky scents. But even that description fails it. Just go to Sephora or another store that carries it and smell it for yourself. You will NOT be disappointed.

Oh and an added note to anyone that loves this scent...if you're familiar with Tyler Candle Company, their 24-7 Glam is an exact knockoff of Lolita Lempicka...I hang the air fresheners in the car and my car smells so great!

on 9/1/2007 4:41:00 AM

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Neutral

i *love* this! based on reveiws i purchased a sample and then realised how much i wanted this unique yet sweet and delicious scent. i really get the ivy/watery sweetness when i spray it and if it gets on my clothes, but if its just on my skin i get a sweet muskiness but not really really musky (im not into musky or heavy perfumes at all). i dont understand how people can be feeling overwhelmed from this perfume because i spray one generous spray on my neck area and put my wrists in the dampness before it dries and i can smell it sometimes during the day so im not being measly with the perfume, but i find it very light especially with that watery/ivy note in it. the bottle is absolutely gorgeous!! the stalk is the spray and the gold plus the purple are just stunning. for me, what with all the different perfumes that are out there and how many just smell the same, finding a beautiful bottle is very important for me and this is one of the most beautiful i have ever seen. i purchased the 50 ml and the bottle is small but gorgeous. i cant get enough, im hoping that this becomes my signature smell and that the matching moisturizers and bath gels etc become more widely available.im looking forward to testing out 'l de lolita' and the midnight fragrance too. highly recommended, HG status and best of all, not one person i know has this fragrance and the one time i think i mightve smelt this on someone (but highly doubt it) i just thought 'wow that smells good'.

on 12/28/2014 2:14:00 PM

Too much vanilla for my preference. There's also licorice notes. Overall it's sweet and sugary and smells too much like food. But the scent morphs after a few minutes to something more musky and spicy. I'm on the fence about this one.

This scent matches it's packaging better than any other I can think of. It's cute, sweet and unique. I get compliments all the time and like it a little more every time I wear it.

on 6/4/2012 8:14:00 AM

This is simply the Best fragrance ever made. It is sofisticated and sexy

Hair: Blond, Wavy, Coarse

Unique and beautiful. I am really turned off by overly sweet (singers turned perfumers) scents. This is so not one of those. It is more complex and mature.

Lovely bottle, silly stem spritzer, delightful scent. I'm a fan of the whole Lolita Lempicka line--there's not one I've tried that I didn't like, though on the whole, Fleur Coral and Au Masculin are my faves. This original LL is lovely--sweet, but not too sweet, with enough anise/violet/vetiver to keep it interesting and lift the sugary notes up a bit. Spray it with a light hand--both because the stem makes it hard to give a heavy spritz, but also because this one has real staying power so you don't need a lot.

One of my favorites, but somewhat hard to describe. Sweet licorice, pretty violet, hints of earth and a touch of powder. The reviewer who said this has a Tim Burton feel to it was SO right. Mysterious, somewhat dark and haunting, with a girlish heart full of beauty and wonder. A unique, special fragrance with an absolutely gorgeous bottle.

Hair: Brunette, Curly, Medium

I love this scent so much! It's pretty and feminine without being overpowering or TOO girly!

Of course, scent is highly subjective, and it depends on each person, but I love it.

The bottle is pretty, but I took a lippie off the packaging because the nozzle is a little fragile.

The only reason I didn't give it 5 lippies is because I actually love the Coral Flower one even more!

Popular Fragrances