Lolita Lempicka Lolita Lempicka

Filtered by hair type : Straight
Lolita Lempicka Lolita Lempicka
Lolita Lempicka ad

3.7

Love love love this! I first smelled it in France about 10 years ago but didn't get around to acquiring a bottle until recently, and I can't believe I let this one go for so long. It's just beautiful; I don't know how else to describe it, except for perhaps "different." It's definitely that. I don't get why it's often described as "girly," though--to me, girly equals floral or candy-sweet fragrances like a teenager would wear, and Lolita is a tad more sophisticated. My only complaint is that it stays just a bit too close to the skin for my taste, because when I wear a perfume like this I want people to smell me! However, I find that it's long-lasting (I have the EDP) and I usually still notice it the next morning after a night out, which makes up for the lack of loudness.

on 11/28/2007 2:39:00 AM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Cool

This is one of my HG fragrances. I've been wearing it for about six years now. I agree with the reviewer who said this is of the love it or hate it variety -- if you have an aversion to licorice or anise, you will likely despise this, and in some ways it's a rather over-the-top scent -- its lasting power is excellent (less so for the EDT) and when I've been wearing something more subtle, LL can seem kind of garish. But there is something very dreamy and fairy tale-like about this fragrance, as the apple-shaped, gold-tinged bottle indicates. Licorice, violet, anise, something spicy and a hint of vanilla are what I detect here, and the combination has a potion-like effect. There is a dark effervescence (I can't think of a better way to put it) to this scent that I haven't been able to find in quite the same way in any other fragrance.
I return to this in fall and especially winter; like the other (very different) LL scent, L de Lempicka, it is generally too overpowering in hotter weather, but quite comforting when it's cold outside. Also like L, when you wear this, people smell it, so be warned if you don't like people asking "what are you wearing?"

on 10/24/2007 9:14:00 AM

Skin: Oily, Medium, Neutral

I received this as a gift, as it isn't something I would pick out for myself. I have grown to love this perfume though and I absolutely adore the bottle.

on 9/1/2007 4:41:00 AM

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Neutral

i *love* this! based on reveiws i purchased a sample and then realised how much i wanted this unique yet sweet and delicious scent. i really get the ivy/watery sweetness when i spray it and if it gets on my clothes, but if its just on my skin i get a sweet muskiness but not really really musky (im not into musky or heavy perfumes at all). i dont understand how people can be feeling overwhelmed from this perfume because i spray one generous spray on my neck area and put my wrists in the dampness before it dries and i can smell it sometimes during the day so im not being measly with the perfume, but i find it very light especially with that watery/ivy note in it. the bottle is absolutely gorgeous!! the stalk is the spray and the gold plus the purple are just stunning. for me, what with all the different perfumes that are out there and how many just smell the same, finding a beautiful bottle is very important for me and this is one of the most beautiful i have ever seen. i purchased the 50 ml and the bottle is small but gorgeous. i cant get enough, im hoping that this becomes my signature smell and that the matching moisturizers and bath gels etc become more widely available.im looking forward to testing out 'l de lolita' and the midnight fragrance too. highly recommended, HG status and best of all, not one person i know has this fragrance and the one time i think i mightve smelt this on someone (but highly doubt it) i just thought 'wow that smells good'.

Lolita Lempicka is definitely not for everyone, and like many reviewers have mentioned, people tend to have a love/hate relationship with this fragrance.

I tend to be on the 'love' side of the fence. This fragrance is unique and enchanting--a little spritz can go a long way with this perfume laden with notes of anise, ivy leaves, and musk. It's very woodsy, but not overly so--I still feel girlish and feminine when I wear it.

Plus, the bottle is super cute--it's a purple apple-shaped bottle with gold lettering and the little stem at the top serves as the pump where the fragrance spritzes out.

I definitely love this perfume, as pricey as it is (I paid $40 for a little 1 fl. oz. bottle) and would buy it again, although you may have to check this delightfully unique fragrance out for yourself to see if you like it!

on 5/11/2007 8:56:00 PM

This is a rather sweet, powdery, very girly fragrance. I do pick up a slight anise note, but it's not particularly strong on me; I get clouds of violet powder, perfumed Sweet Tarts. Sillage is good, even slightly stronger than I'd prefer (but then, I best like scents that stick closely to your skin). Lasting power is okay, through a workday. I don't think I would get any more of this stuff (I have a sample) as it's not really "me." I can imagine a woman with a girlish giggle and bright lipstick, wearing tight cashmere, arms jangling with bangle bracelets and tottering on super-high heels having this scent wafting from her very pronounced decolletage :)

on 3/29/2007 3:32:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Neutral

i love this perfume. very unique, strong woodsy vanilla, sandalwood scent. gorgeous bottle, a real work of art, great to display! kind of pricey, but worth it, and lasts a long time, unlike some perfumes that fade after a year.

on 2/9/2007 1:12:00 PM

Skin: Combination, Tan, Warm

Lolita Lempicka is an enchanting spicy oriental scent which combines notes of Ivy Leaves, Aniseed, Amarena Heart, Violets, Iris Roots, Vetiver, Tonka Bean, Vanilla, Musk.
It's an extremely warm, sensual and romantic fragrance which always attracts compliments from both men and women. The staying power is fantastic, especially when layered with the gloriously smooth body lotion. The beautifully colored and decorated bottle finalizes the perfectness of this fragrance.

on 8/19/2006 11:58:00 AM

I just purchased a mini EDP of Lolita Lempicka, hoping I would like it better than the limited edition Midnight I tried a few weeks ago. I found Midnight to be atrocious on my skin, and gave it only one lippie. Lolita is very similar, but not as strong or suffocating as Midnight. I still smell grape juice - and I wonder why I don't see anyone else smelling it in these reviews. Nevertheless, after the initial overwhelming blast of sweet grape juice and anise seed Lolita dries down to a soft vanilla-licorice-patchouli musk. I'm not sure I like it, but not sure I don't. I will have to revisit and try again. It's definitely a fragrance that makes you work hard to "get" it. The bottle is adorable, though - and looks lovely on my vanity.

Let me first start by saying that I got the most awesome deal on this at Costco! I think I paid $35 for the 1.7 oz EDP. I love this fragrance! It is such a gorgeous yummy sexy scent, but I can see how it wouldn't be wearable for everyone. There are some days when I have to confine my sprays to just my wrists or it will be too strong and possibly be headache-inducing. That being said, it is still one of my all-time favorites for the way the elements blend with my chemistry. I mostly detect the vanilla, tonka bean, and musk. Tiny bits of aniseed, but just at first. This EDP lasts all day long, so re-spritzing is not necessary. I love this fragrance! If I could ever narrow my 250+ collection down to a top ten, I'm sure this would be on it. I would repurchase, even at full price. Instant sexiness. Oh, and PS--the bottle is one of the most gorgeous bits of perfume art I have ever seen! Very whimsical.