Rimmel BB Cream 9-in-1 Skin Perfecting Super Makeup SPF 25

Rimmel BB Cream 9-in-1 Skin Perfecting Super Makeup SPF 25

3.1

on 1/6/2015 3:47:00 AM

I bought this in Light, keeping in mind all the craze about BB cream and how wonderful it was supposed to be. I have dry skin, and it was a constant battle to smooth this product onto my face. I found it extremely cakey and streaky. I had to vigorously exfoliate, moisturise the night before and twice again before I put it on, just so it turns out half decent. Despite it being Light, it was quite orangey and darker than I expected a light shade to be. To smooth out the streaks and patches I had to apply lots and lots of layers and it took me probably 30 minutes to be happy with it in my bedroom mirror, only to look again in the car mirror and see it looks awful! Maybe it is my technique, but I certainly do not recommend this product. To those with dry skin, anyway.

Skin: Oily, Medium Brown, Not Sure

I bought this in medium since I am more on the dark tan skin tone. Its definitely a little orangey which I dont like. But since my acne isnt too severe, I used very little to conceal redness on my cheeks and then set it with powder so the color evens out to my skin tone. Since im using this in the winter, it works fine but I can imagine this being very oily during the summer. I do have small red pimplea in the areas I applied this but I cant tell if its this product causing that since im always acne prone in that area. Overall, its working ok for me but def not repurchasing!

on 12/31/2014 12:13:00 AM

I use this bb cream as a base. The cold medium is very orangey :/ but it's matte which I like and doesn't clog my pores. I put my foundation on top and its a match made in heaven :) I like this product a lot

on 11/17/2014 8:50:00 PM

a lot of mixed reviews on here, but I really like this BB cream I was skeptical with the shades cuz they all look to orange/pink..but the light shade was a perfect match and it gives me a pretty good natural finish without looking cakey on my dry skin. I really like this for winter and I will keep using will repurchase.

Skin: Dry, Medium Brown, Not Sure

this product is very cakey and flakey.

PROS:
This product goes on light and refreshing, provides buildable coverage and inexpensive (picked it up for $6 CAD).

CONS:
This product is more liquid than cream. If you have oily/combination skin like I do, be prepared to use mineral powders and setting powders to offset looking like an oil slick after two hours. Even with the powder foundation and finishing, I still had to powder some shiny parts of my face near the end of the work day. It's a water-based product, but I still broke out once while using it during the week.

There are better, inexpensive BB creams at the drug stores. I probably wouldn't buy this product again.

on 11/5/2014 11:43:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Fair, Not Sure

This thing, do not really do anything to the skin.
If you are oily and have acnes or acne scars, save your money, don't buy this.
The formula is chunky, its cream, but its super hard to blend it into your skin.
It does not do any coverage for my skin as well

Skin: Oily, Olive, Neutral

Bought this wanting to try BB cream, so honestly have no other BB cream to compare to. It's a thin, liquidity texture. It actually went on and covered my slight redness well. Didn't leave my huge pores looking HUGER, but it made my face SUPPPERRR oily after about 2 hours. I did use during the summer. So could be why. Also it has an orangish tint to it, I was tanner at the time but it appeared I had a fake tan.

My second try I mixed a little with my foundation Revlon colorstay (which was too light at the time) which made me look less orangish , but it still made me look super greasy. I have combination skin, so I have to stick with matte for the most part. I would recommend it to someone with dry skin, and possibly a fake tan? But I don't think they offer a "Natural" color selection :(

Skin: Oily, Fair, Not Sure

This is probably my least favorite drugstore BB cream that I've tried. I bought the lightest shade, and it dries super dark and orangey. The consistency is thicker than other BB creams, and it looks chalky on my face. It covers well, but even the lightest color is too dark, and it oxidies to even darker throughout the day. I usually really like rimmel products but I just was not impressed by this one.

on 10/26/2014 6:30:00 AM

Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Warm

I'm usually very skeptical when it comes to drugstore makeup like Rimmel. I don't remember what prompted me to try this out, but I'm happy I did. This BB cream offers buildable coverage, anywhere from light to full. It's probably more a liquid texture than a 'cream', and it's just a tad runny out of the tube, so be careful. I'm a medium in this cream, which is close to a MAC NW25 for reference. I like wearing this when I don't feel like opting for a full coverage foundation. The only thing I can criticise is that it can get oily on my face during the day, which my HG foundation does not, so you will need to top up if necessary. Another thing is that there isn't a large colour variety available, at least not in Australia. However, it's a good quality, cost effective BB cream that I will continue to repurchase and use as a more lighter liquid foundation than my studio fix.