Rimmel BB Cream 9-in-1 Skin Perfecting Super Makeup SPF 25

Rimmel BB Cream 9-in-1 Skin Perfecting Super Makeup SPF 25

3.1

Skin: Oily, Fair, Not Sure

Hair: Brunette, Straight, Other

This product applies smoothly and is thicker than other bb cream but doesn't feel so when you have it on.

Pros:
light weight
covers redness
doesn't look cakey
has a nice glow when first applied

Cons:
makes you look shiny through out the day

I have quite oily skin and so far this is the only bb cream i've used that has controlled how oily I get during the day

on 3/22/2015 11:21:00 AM

Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Neutral

I had tried the first BB cream Rimmel launched a few years ago and it was merely OK, but I found this newer incarnation on sale and decided to give it a go. That it promises radiance and an SPF of 20 both were appealing to me. And with the sale price I ended up paying $3.50, so it was worth a go.
So far I have to say I'm impressed. The new formula is much improved. It claims 9 benefits: priming, smoothing, concealing, pore-minimizing, natural coverage, moisturizing, awakens tired skin, brightens and lends radiance. It does offer some of all of that for me.
Now, I'm a bit north of 40 and my skin isn't as radiant as it used to be and I have some dark spots, so I'm picky, but I'm pretty pleased with this. The coverage is quite good (I'll still go to full-coverage foundation on a bad skin day, mind you), and it does gives a bit of glow and natural-looking coverage. I was actually surprised that I ended up preferring this to the matte option, but it just works better for me. In part, I think the color match is better for me than the matte version. In both I opted for Light, and my skin is NC20-ish, and the Radiance version is more neutral, where the matte leans a touch more orange, so in part that's why I prefer this. But it also gives my skin a bit more of a dewier finish (My skin leans toward normal, with drier patches in winter), so that's another reason I prefer this to the matte.
It does have a faint scent, kind of a "makeup scent" -- a touch fragrant but not super strong.

on 3/16/2015 10:23:00 AM

Hair: Red, Wavy, Fine

Not bad, I've tried worse. The color Light is a bit dark for me in winter but should be fine for summer. I'm between NC 15-20. This looks nice going on & lasts all day but after a few hours my pores look huge (without a primer). It doesn't clog my pores or irritate my skin either. I might try the matte version next.

on 3/15/2015 10:18:00 PM

Skin: Normal, Medium, Not Sure

Orange, it has a tint of orange!! How annoying. Also the smell is overwhelming, smells too much like sunscreen. I gave it a 2 only because it's cheap.

I love this. It's very light weight, doesn't smell, and it lasts all day on me. It feels like a lotion when I put it on. I have eczema and this didn't irritate me.

on 2/28/2015 7:38:00 PM

Not the best bb cream I've used took a lot of product to even see it making any difference, bit of an odd colour.

I really love this BB cream, I have tried a couple of other BB creams and I can deffinately say that this is my favourite one. It has good and buildable coverage and it is also moisturising yet it doesn't leave the skin looking greasy or shiny. It's a perfect everyday product and it looks very natural.

I like this BB cream foundation. What I like is the light coverage that looks polished yet natural, and that it is very easy and quick to apply with fingers or brush. Also nice is that it doesn't settle into the fine lines of my 39-year-old skin. My skin is already pretty smooth and clear (I "wash" with coconut oil massage), so I don't really have blemishes, but I do have redness, uneven skin tone, a few dark spots and large pores in areas. It evens my skin tone and redness, and dimishes the dark spots but they still show through (which I'm ok with). To over the pores, I use a patting motion with my fingers and it smooths things over (which is nice).

The formula is a great balance between soft glow and subtle mattifying, which is awesome for me. With a light dusting of powder on my t-zone, I don't have to touch my skin for the rest of the day, which is a first for me (love!)... and I really like how it wears, developing a very subtle glow on my forehead and cheeks as the day goes on. It feels modern and slightly glowy, which I really like.

I also tested the Matte and Glow BB Cream formulas... I found the Matte formula too matte, powdery and makeup-y for my skin, settling into fine lines. When I tested the Glow formula, it became way too shiny by mid-day for my oily t-zone. I did purchase the Glow formula because I think it might be really nice for a special occasion/evening but not for everyday daytime makeup.

In the end, when I asked my partner how my foundation looked she responded: "It looks like your skin, only a little bit smoother and more even. I don't really notice it... you look nice :)" I was sold! <3 And at the $6 price tag, double love!

on 1/23/2015 4:21:00 PM

I really wanted a good bb cream, but this just looks caky. It feels very heavy and the colours are very dark and a bit yellow.

on 1/11/2015 1:08:00 AM

Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Cool

I really wanted to try this after reading such great reviews about the matte version, but I have dry skin and its winter so I definitely can't use anything mattifying, so i got this one. I've also tried the Maybelline Bb (great! Like new skin in a bottle), and cover girls bb (very sheer but I really like it) and a few different tinted moisturizers (exactly the same as Bb creams IMO). Overall, the Rimmel bb cream is my least favourite of all of those products. I have light skin so of course I got the "light" shade and its more likea medium, quite dark and also orangey, it reminds me of my highschool days back in 2002 when all us girls had fake orange tans from a bottle lol its just not what i want in a tinted moisturizer/bb cream at all! It comes out like a thick lotion, which is fine except its a little greasy, but not moisturizing, and it goes on blotchy. For a Bb cream, I'd say it has a medium coverage, really I prefer light coverage but for times when my skin is not at its best a medium coverage bb would definitely be useful (I'll wear foundation but I have pretty good skin and I hate the heaviness of foundation, so im a HUGE fan of tinted creams, theyre so light and fresh feeling). In conclusion, if you have dry skin, there are much better Bb creams out there, and if you have oily skin, you would hate this bb cream, and if you're very fair, don't even bother because the lightest shade is orange and quite dark.
I really do keep trying it on, desperately trying to like it or find a use for it, but the more I use it the more I dislike it. I will try it again in summer when I have a tan but I doubt the summer heat is going to do anything to help the fact that its greasy and blotchy, probably just make it worse. I won't be getting this again