CHANEL Le Volume De Chanel Mascara

CHANEL Le Volume De Chanel Mascara

4.2

Aqua, synthetic Beeswax, Paraffin, Stearic Acid, Acacia Senegal Gum, Triethanolamine, Butylene Glycol, Carnauba wax, Glyceryl stearate, Polybutene, VP/Eicosene Copolymer, Phenoxyethanol, Hydroxyethylcellulose, Potassium Sorbate, BHT, Tetrasodium EDTA, Ascorbyl palmitate, Tocopherol, ( /-, CI 75470, CI 77007, Ci 77163, Ci 77288, Ci 77289, Ci 77491, Ci 77492, Ci 77499, CI 77510, Ci 77742, CI 77891, Mica).

Skin: Dry, Fair, Neutral

Hair: Blond, Straight, Medium

This can be a bit tricky to learn to apply, it can look a little clumpy if done incorrectly. That made me think I didn't like it to start with.

However, once you get the hang of it, and figure out how easy you should be on the hand, the results are unbelievable. It looks great even on my short stumpy lashes. It has not smeared once on me, and it didn't dry noticeable during the 6 months I used it.

I think this is a good one for people who like full long lashes, and don't have too thick or long lashes already. It can hold a curve, but requires that you curl your lashes first.

The price is a bit steep for the mascara, and I was thinking a bit back and forth on whether I would repurchase it. But at the end of the day I think it is good enough for me to purchase this a second time.

on 12/13/2015 11:35:00 AM

Skin: Dry, Medium, Warm

Beautiful well defined lashes with lots of body and no clumps, in a perfect black. The only downside the price, so I try to reserve it for the evening or special days. So far my favourite mascara among hundreds all women must go through in their life.

on 12/8/2015 10:29:00 AM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Neutral

Gives me gigantic lashes, but loses a lippie for slight smudging (and for the ridiculous price). To be fair, all mascaras smudge on me apart from Max Factor ones, and even MF does sometimes - my lashes are long and curl up so they touch the skin under my eyes and eyebrows, so mascara transfers easily. But for the price, I would hope the Chanel wouldn't smudge, so I won't be buying it again. It really does give you huge, thick lashes and doesn't clump or flake, so it's worth a try if you don't usually have problems with smudging. It's very wet when you first buy it and performs much better a week or so after having been opened and dried out a little.

Skin: Combination, Medium Brown, Not Sure

I absolutely loooove this mascara. The reason why I love it so much is that is never gets clumpy no matter how much layers mascara you put on. I like putting alot of coats to get the false eye-lash look. With drugstore brand mascara my lashes don't get as think black or they just clump. It is a bit more pricey, but I think it is totally worth it. This is by far the best mascara!!

on 11/12/2015 1:10:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Neutral

This is a nice mascara but when I bought it I was expecting it to be amazing given all the rave reviews and the high price. I was a bit disappointed, it does give plenty of volume and it's nice and black. It started off too wet for my liking and was really messy to use but after a few weeks it "matured" to a nice consistency but by the 3rd month it was a bit too dry and clumpy and flaked a bit.

The shortcomings for me were mainly that it gave a fairly spider legged look of very few thick clumpy lashes. I didn't love the brush as it was much the same as similar plastic brushes and really hurts when I spike myself in the eye which I can't always avoid. I didn't think I got any separation or fanned out effect from this mascara which is the look I'm going for.

Anyway I definitely won't be buying again as Its very expensive and frankly underwhelming. Before I had this one I had lancome baby doll one which I thought was just as good overall (nicer look, flaked more though towards the end of its life though). Since finishing the Chanel I've been using Mac gigablack extended play which overall I prefer its close to the end of its life (I throw mascara away after 3 months due to susceptibility to eye infections) and still not flaky and its £10 cheaper!

Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Neutral

This is one of those mascaras that pay a bit more for, but totally love it and enjoy every bit of it later.

I have been through several of these and for my kind of long but sparse lashes this is a great product! I love how smooth the comb is and luckily (unlike with other mascaras with a similar plastic wand) I don't end up poking myself in the eye so the application is quite easy and quick.

I love this mascara on its own or paired with any other make-up look. It does last me a good 2-3 months but it is totally worth it because I don't see as many mascaras that work just like this. The lashes look defined, curled and volumised. Highly recommend!

If you want a full review on this mascara with close-ups and in-depth information you can check the blog post below, hope it helps!

I bought this mascara after a couple of my favorite beauty vloggers said it was their favorite mascara and then I read all the reviews and went for it. It definitely gives a lot of volume with just one coat, though it's a bit too spidery (i.e., thick and clumpy) for my taste. But given oversized eyelashes seems to be on trend these days, I guess it does the trick. My biggest issue is that this stuff simply does not come off. I used a cotton pad soaked with jojoba oil and it seems like I get it all off, then I wash my face with Cetaphil and my face towel has black on it and I still have raccoon eyes. I've a bit nervous I've permanently stained my upper and lower lashes at this point. At $32 for a tube, I will finish it, but then I'm going to go back to my favorite more natural drugstore brands.
* I am coming back to this after leaving two scathing reviews for crappy mascaras to tell you that I've really come around to this mascara and I have now bought two tubes in a row. I added a lippie but didn't go to five because I don't love it until it dries out a little bit and I still think it is a pain in the butt to get off, but it really does give me the most volume without looking clumpy. I haven't found another that compares.

Skin: Dry, Fair, Neutral

This is one of my holy grail products, but that being said, I'll start with my cons. To be clear, I'm reviewing Noir, the soft black.
Cons:
- the price. It's ridiculous. At $32 a pop, it's just absurd. That being said, I buy this when Nordstrom does their mascara sale, so it works out. If I were to have to purchase this at full price, I wouldn't. But if price is no object, then read on.
- The texture of the mascara is very… wet. It works in the soft black, but in the other shades (brown, ultra black) it is a hot mess. It certainly does what it says- gives amazing volume. But it requires some dry-down time. If you have sparse lashes, then this may be too wet for you.

Pros:
- V.O.L.U.M.E. If you really want to amp it up, two coats will give insane volume. Not "I'm wearing fake lashes" volume, but a nice in-between that looks luxe and natural at the same time.
- Long wearing. It doesn't harden like cement or flake off. Nor does it run or smudge (as long as you don't touch your eyes!).
- Doesn't irritate my sensitive contact-lens-wearing eyes.

I repurchase this often, again only on sale.

on 10/22/2015 6:19:00 PM

Skin: Dry, Tan, Neutral

Why did I take so long to try this mascara out?? Why? OMG I absolutely love this mascara. I had originally bought Diorshow but did not like it at all so I went back and thought ...Ok what other mascara should I try in this price range? Chanel counter was right next to Dior and I remembered reading so many raves about Chanel Le Volume mascara so I thought why not. Let me say that I have medium length lashes, but very thin and not a lot of them. This mascara for my lashes is PERFECTION!! It made my lashes look absolutely amazing. It gave them volume, length and not only that, but it gave my lashes a slight curl. When I applied one coat of this mascara I was amazed, ONE coat I thought. So I took it a bit further and applied a second coat....WOAH Momma! My lashes I kid you not were touching my eyebrows. It was almost as though they were one...ahhhh! I usually curl my lashes after I apply mascara, but I didn't have to with this mascara. If I had my lashes would have been to my forehead. I know that mascara is a very YMMV, but I am so happy that it worked for me and my lashes. I am going to keep buying this until I die. Ha! So, don't take my word or others word about this mascara...go out and buy it and try it for yourself! I NO longer need fake lashes, all I need is this mascara.

on 10/17/2015 8:37:00 AM

Skin: Normal, Fair, Warm

Hair: Red, Wavy, Fine

Update 6/3/16: dropping rating & packaging from 3 lippies to 1. A Chanel SA gave me a sample. I thought I'd see if my original review was fair. It was too generous. I detest this mascara. It clumps no matter how much I blot off. The brush is NOT for me. To say I hate this mascara is an understatement. I'd rather put all my makeup on and go with bare lashes than wear this.

Original review 10/17/15:So many good reviews and a lot cheaper than my HG Chantecaille Faux Cils. And, the Ultra Noir shade just released, which I thought might be the same as the much hyped Coal Noir UK bloggers were raving about just came out. Glad I went to NM to check it out. I compared the Noir and the Ultra Noir and there is a noticeable difference. The standard Noir looks like a grayish, brownish black next to the Ultra. I applied the Ultra to one eye and the Blue Night (?) to the other. Both lovely shades. Not sure if the clumpy, spikey result was the fault of the throw away applicators or just a clumpy formula. I wiped one throw away applicator with a tissue and one direct from the tube. No difference. The SA, who is a floater, so no particular allegiance to any brand said she herself like Chantecaille's mascaras much better. No buy for me.