CHANEL Le Volume De Chanel Mascara

CHANEL Le Volume De Chanel Mascara

4.2

Aqua, synthetic Beeswax, Paraffin, Stearic Acid, Acacia Senegal Gum, Triethanolamine, Butylene Glycol, Carnauba wax, Glyceryl stearate, Polybutene, VP/Eicosene Copolymer, Phenoxyethanol, Hydroxyethylcellulose, Potassium Sorbate, BHT, Tetrasodium EDTA, Ascorbyl palmitate, Tocopherol, ( /-, CI 75470, CI 77007, Ci 77163, Ci 77288, Ci 77289, Ci 77491, Ci 77492, Ci 77499, CI 77510, Ci 77742, CI 77891, Mica).

on 4/20/2016 10:38:00 AM

Skin: Very Dry, Fair, Not Sure

I have tried many, many mascara on a quest for the perfect one. I've tried drugstore and high-end brands. There are remarkable L'Oreal mascara, especially voluminous with collagen, but none I've found is as wonderful as Chanel.

Le Volume de Chanel is spendy. If you're like me and really don't wear much makeup other than sunscreen/primer and finishing powder, it's fine to splurge on nice mascara. I also use the Chanel eyelash primer. I find that using the primer and letting it dry fully before applying the mascara works best if you want a full, fanned out lash line rather separated lashes. Once the primer dries, it only takes one or two swipes of mascara to acheive lucious yet natural lashes that last all day. It also is easy to remove with a gentle cleanser such as Cetaphil.There is absolutely no fragrance and no eye irritation.

Skin: Acne-prone, Tan, Not Sure

So I have been through many many mascaras. High end and drug store. I go for volume and length. I have tried buxom that was a great one for volume but I wanted more. A friend recommended this to me and so I thought I wouldn't give it a try. And holey crap guys!! I thought that I would never find a mascara that in my eyes was perfect but this is seriously perfect. So much volume and length!! I have found my holey Grail! If you don't have curly eye lashes like me naturally it works fine with a lash curler. Doesn't flake!! Definitely worth the money! I will recommend this to everyone who asks me about how I get my lashes so long and thick which happens every time I go out in public!!

Skin: Very Dry, Fair, Not Sure

I tried a sample of this and did not care for it at all, because of the brush. I'm not a plastic wand fan, and this one is quite big. Because of how it's constructed, you can't scrape the mascara off on the edge of the tube, so I had way too much mascara on the wand. But I continued on, and I rather liked the formula, at first. It didn't irritate my eyes, which is a really big deal, but trying to apply it, was so much work - the brush clumped all of my lashes together in groups, and it was a lot of work to separate them. But once I got it, I did think it looked very pretty. It curled my lashed nicely and it's a very nice black that isn't too harsh (I prefer brown mascara), but after an hour or so, it smeared under my eyes, and continued to break down as the day wore on. I wanted to try the Inimitable, but they didn't have any samples, so I got one of their Inimitable tester brushes, tried it in this sample tube, and I liked it quite a bit better. It was much easier to work with, it separated and provided great length, although, not a ton of volume - but very, very pretty. If I was going to buy Chanel mascara, I would go with the Inimitable, but based on how it lasts, I don't think I'll bother. I'll stick with Lancôme Definicils and L'Oréal Voluminous.

on 2/23/2016 7:41:00 AM

Applies a thick, dense coat to each lash, truly accentuates naturally curly lashes. Can be worn for an everyday look with one coat, but if layered can be easily worn to occasions such as wedding etc. Dispels the need for false eyelashes, another winner from Chanel. HG. Lasts 3/4 months.

on 2/8/2016 1:32:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Fair, Neutral

Can be very clumpy. Also significant flaking by the end of the day. Odd that I can find drugstore mascaras that work beautifully (such as Cover Girl Super Sized) but the expensive "premium" brands are crap. Ah, well, c'est la vie. And good for my wallet.

Skin: Combination, Olive, Warm

When my beloved waterproof Chanel inimitable intense was discontinued, that left me in a frenzy to look for a replacement. This mascara was recommended for me to try. The packaging is nice and sleek, pretty elegant. I love simplicity. I should mention waterproof formulas are crucial to me as I have stick-straight eyelashes and waterproof formulas hold the curl. Every mascara I purchase absolutely MUST be waterproof. So, I was excited that this mascara came in WP.

This mascara delivered awesome volume. My lashes looked thick, black, without clumping together. I really liked the way it applied! I was so excited. Then sadly, after a few minutes... I noticed my lashes started to droop.

Seems like even the waterproof formula may be too heavy for those like me with straight lashes. I tried it a couple more times after that and the same thing happened, my lashes began to drop and lost their curl. I was so disappointed as I had high expectations.

on 1/21/2016 6:05:00 AM

Great mascara! After one or two applications my lashes are nicely separated, coated with beautiful black (nr. 90!) and more voluminous. A keeper!
Update 14th October 2017: I am currently probably using my 10th Le Volume mascara. Which says a lot! Love love love it! I started using nr. 80 (Ecorces) which is a dark brown and colourwise somewhat less 'harsh' on me. But it has the same staying power, gives great volume and length to your lashes. In just two applications. Going out? Apply one or two more coats, and you have lashes 'to die for'! :-)

on 1/20/2016 8:44:00 PM

This is the greatest mascara ever!!! I love a good mascara, and Le Volume De Chanel is amazing. While I do have naturally long eyelashes, this mascara makes them extremely long. My mom sampled this mascara and within minutes of wearing it, she bought a tube for herself. I was using Too Faced "Better Than Sex" mascara, but found that it flaked off into my eyes, causing HORRIBLE irritation in my sensitive eyes. Chanel Le Volume De Chanel does not irritate my eyes at all. One tip that I recommend while using this particular mascara is to curl lashes pre-application to create maximum volume and length.

on 1/17/2016 8:31:00 PM

Skin: Dry, Fair, Warm

This mascara is in my opinion the best one out there on the current market. I've tried so many mascaras but this is the only one that gives me length, volume, seperation & curl (it stays that way for the entire day). What I also particulary love is the fact that it doesnt flake whatsoever. This product is very pricy, but in my opinion its worth it. Its quite frequently on sale so I try to get it then.
(THIS IS IMPORTANT) if you do get this product and you're going for a black one, I would highly recommend getting the regular version and not the newly released "intense black". That one sure is intense, but it smudges all over your eyebrow bone and eyelids, which is just a pain to keep track off.

on 1/13/2016 5:53:00 PM

LOVE this mascara. My two drawbacks are 1) the price and 2) it is very wet upon initial application (it can show up easily on my brow bone, but that's probably because of how my eyes are set in my face). I had been a longtime user of Benefit's "They're Real" but felt like I wasn't getting the volume I wanted. Switched over to this mascara and I definitely feel like I have huge lashes in comparison to how they looked before.