Caudalie Vinosource S.O.S Thirst Quenching Serum

Caudalie Vinosource S.O.S Thirst Quenching Serum
Vinosource S.O.S Thirst Quenching SerumVinosource S.O.S Thirst Quenching Serum

4.2

Water, Vitis Vinifera (Grape) Fruit Water*, Glycerin*, Butylene Glycol*, Ethylhexyl Palmitate*, Polyacrylate Crosspolymer-6, Polymethyl Methacrylate, Dimethicone, Palmitoyl Grape Seed Extract*, Caprylyl Glycol, Parfum (Fragrance), Squalane*, Potassium Sorbate, Vitis Vinifera (Grape) Juice*, Sodium Benzoate, Xanthan Gum, Sorbitan Oleate*, Sodium Carboxymethyl Betaglucan, Citric Acid, Sorbitan Laurate*, Hyaluronic Acid, Sodium Phytate*, Disodium Acetyl Glucosamine Phosphate, Myristyl Malate Phosphonic Acid. *Origine végétale - plant origin.

on 2/6/2013 6:46:00 PM

Skin: Sensitive, Other, Not Sure

It's a good serum. I bought it twice and sampled before I purchased which I always recommend especially for super sensitive skin. It doesn't irritate me. It actually soothed and calmed my skin down after a particularly bad reaction to LPR Cicaplast. I used it in conjuction with Caudalie's moisturising cream mask which is a great product, to heal my skin. Being very sensitive to perfumed products, I was surprised that the fragrance in this serum didn't cause me any trouble. It does get the hydration level of your skin up within a few days. I typically use it in the morning as I don't like to put on a lot of stuff at night. If you are really dry you may want to put an emollient cream on top, maybe on your dry areas like the cheeks. I sometimes use Allergenics cream for that purpose but once your moisture levels are up, you may not need it. I usually use it on its own. Pressing it on your skin seems to yield better results rather than rubbing it in. It's not cheap but as you need only little it's economical. Caudalie had a recent revamp of their line of products and although I'm not impressed with the change of formulation in some of their products, some good stuff also came out from their renewed line like this serum. Recommended especially for ppl with sensitive, dehydrated skin who dislike heavy products. Pump bottle is a plus.

on 10/4/2014 4:55:00 AM

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Neutral

I'm not sure if I would repurchase this at this point. I've been using it since May. Yes, my bottle has lasted me for about five months and I've just reached the halfway mark.
I don't have dry skin, and I'm not really sure if it's dehydrated. It's oily and acne prone. However, despite me having oily skin, I still add hydrating products to my skin after I learned that stripping your skin and not adding sufficient hydration makes it oilier. Anyway! I wanted to try out a serum and tested this out in the store and it seemed light enough for my needs. I use this only once a day- in the evening and I follow up with an oil (Vitamin E Oil from The Body Shop or Josie Maran Argan Oil) as a moisturizer after this and I find it works very well, but it might be an unnecessary (and quite expensive) step. I'm not in a situation where I can spend $65 on something that I'm not sure is doing anything.
My skin didn't have any reactions to this such as acne or anything like that. I found something that seems very similar in texture from The Body Shop called "Nutriganics Smoothing Serum" due to Caroline Hirons. To be quite honest, The Body Shop product probably works just as well for me, but I suppose we'll see after I run out of this Caudalie product to see if my skin really misses it.

on 8/28/2014 2:02:00 AM

Skin: Normal, Medium Brown, Warm

Well nothing hydrates the skin like the way hyaluronic acid does, but the problem with this serum is that you don't actually "see" that your skin has been hydrated.If you have dry-combination skin ,you might even get some bumps on the dry areas where the skin feels tight on the surface . I think it's better to mix it with another oil-free cream of Caudalie to get a thicker consistency that would create a barrier on the skin.
Many have considered this to be a life saver so it's hard to speak for others with different skin condition . I still believe that HA is a key ingredient in moisturizers .

Skin: Combination, Tan, Warm

Hair: Brown, Curly, Fine

I have dry/combination skin that breaks out around the jawline pretty regularly. I figured the breakouts stopped when I stopped moisturising beneath my sunscreen (Badger Damascus Rose Face Sunscreen SPF 16). However, with the sunscreen alone, my skin was drying out majorly. On a whim, I swooped down on Sephora and picked up this set of three with the S.O.S Thirst Quenching Serum, Grape Water and Vinosource Moisturising Sorbet for SG$69. You just can't go wrong with Caudalie, okay. If anything, I've known it to never make the condition worse.

Right after cleansing, I put this one. Its a very runny liquid that spreads evenly on your skin and dries pretty quickly. Didn't feel too tacky and sunscreen went on beautifully on top of that. I finish off with powder foundation.

EDIT: After 2 months of use, I say this too creates small and sparse whiteheads on my face, especially near my chin, jawline and cheek. Not using this product anymore.

I seem to be the only reviewer who broke out from this. I loved the way it made my skin look and feel up until I broke out after using it for less than a week. I generally use unscented products on my face, so my perception that this scent was both strong and that it stayed noticeable all day might not be the same as those of other users.

on 3/4/2013 1:41:00 PM

Skin: Combination, Tan, Not Sure

If you are sensitive to scents as I am, this is not the product for you. It does works great for travel and keeps the skin Dewey, but I sneeze for 20 min when I use this product.

Back to my homemade blend of water, toner, and oil.

on 11/24/2012 4:46:00 PM

Very light as a serum......almost feels like a regular lotion to my skin....doesn't bother my face but i need something more rich.........

I'm so disappointed. I literally needed an S.O.S for my skin, but this isn't it. My skin is combination, prone to comedones, but due to chemical exfoliation with BHA's and adapalene I need extra moisture. I don't understand what the point of this serum is exactly. I guess the idea is to put it under a rich moisturizer, but then it's just like any other serum. It doesn't do anything on its own, apparently. The S.O.S part is literally false advertising. After I put it on and it dries, my skin doesn't feel nice. Maybe the problem is me, I don't think the hyaluronic acid sits well with my face.

Also, this is incompatible with their Vinosource sorbet moisturizer. The two together pill horribly under my fingers. This drives me mad. Now I need to buy a different moisturizer or use an oil in order to complete the routine.

on 11/20/2017 3:29:00 AM

Skin: Normal, Medium, Not Sure

I wouldn't recommend this product. I was happy with my skins texture and thought to myself this product will definitely improve it more..but after using this ive realized i have developed large pores and uneven skin.

on 7/19/2016 4:26:00 PM

Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Warm

Hair: Brunette, Curly, Medium

I have: Oily, dehydrated skin that is prone to blackheads on my chin and a few on my cheeks. I exfoliate regularly & use high quality skincare.

I cannot say if this is a good or bad product on its own. I do know that it helps seal in moisture throughout the day when it's used with another serum on top, followed by a cream moisturizer and or sealed with a high quality facial oil. This helps my skin stay hydrated for a longer period of time and I can see a very subtle plumpness but there is definitely no long-term benefit of this product. Essentially, I use it as a toner or to really build up a layer of serious moisture. I think it's false advertising to say this is a serum.

As for other aspects of the product:
It's a very thin liquid that smells like fresh grape leaves, is a milky white color, and comes in a glass bottle with a pump. The packaging looks great but the product is way to expensive for what you get. Giving it a two because of the pleasant experience and I can see a subtle plumpness. I won't purchase again. I used the entire bottle.