Caudalie Vinosource S.O.S Thirst Quenching Serum

Caudalie Vinosource S.O.S Thirst Quenching Serum
Vinosource S.O.S Thirst Quenching SerumVinosource S.O.S Thirst Quenching Serum

4.2

Water, Vitis Vinifera (Grape) Fruit Water*, Glycerin*, Butylene Glycol*, Ethylhexyl Palmitate*, Polyacrylate Crosspolymer-6, Polymethyl Methacrylate, Dimethicone, Palmitoyl Grape Seed Extract*, Caprylyl Glycol, Parfum (Fragrance), Squalane*, Potassium Sorbate, Vitis Vinifera (Grape) Juice*, Sodium Benzoate, Xanthan Gum, Sorbitan Oleate*, Sodium Carboxymethyl Betaglucan, Citric Acid, Sorbitan Laurate*, Hyaluronic Acid, Sodium Phytate*, Disodium Acetyl Glucosamine Phosphate, Myristyl Malate Phosphonic Acid. *Origine végétale - plant origin.

on 4/11/2015 8:58:00 PM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Neutral

Hair: Blond, Curly, Medium

I have combination acne prone skin which makes it tough to find a good balance, a few more aggressive acne fighting products and the skin feels tight and uncomfortable while richer formulas are not even an option. Le sigh...

Pros of this Caudalie serum:
* Does feel hydrating and dethirsting
* Sinks in instantly
* Skin is left calm, plump and pampered
* Light non sticky texture
* No skin irritation or breakouts
* Nice scent
* Convenient packaging
* A pump is enough for one application

Cons:
* Price
* Might be too heavily fragranced for some
* The hydrating effect doesn't last the whole day

Overall I'm pleased with SOS serum and apply it every morning before my sunscreen but my favourite use of it is as a primer before heavier coverage matte foundations. They apply like a dream and the finish is much more natural without any added greasiness, especially when combined with a light spritz of Caudalie Eau de Raisin as a finishing touch. I would consider it a staple for this alone.

on 2/10/2015 9:41:00 PM

Hair: Other, Straight, Other

Decent serum, it moisturizes well without irritating my skin. The formula is light and sinks into your skin after a few minutes which makes it good for both a day time and night time serum that isn't heavy at all. And because its quite light, I wouldn't say its extremely "Thirst Quenching" but definitely moisturizing enough even for winter as a serum before moisturizer. Another plus is that I did not break out after using this.

on 11/26/2014 3:48:00 PM

Skin: Dry, Fair, Cool

Thank goodness for MUA reviews! I've been fighting with my dry, dehydrated skin for the last few weeks (well, always, but more so lately) and was at my wit's end because I could barely wear foundation - it would cake, show my fine lines, and generally sap all moisture out of my skin.

Anyway... after a lot of research, I went to pick up a bottle of the SOS. I have been using it day and night as my serum, under my moisturizer. I have been exfoiliating a bit less frequently but using my same moisturizer routine. After a few days of dedicated use, my skin is actually glowing! No accentuated lines, no flaking, no caking. I'm very pleasantly surprised and plan to continue to use this until my skin is back in shape, at which point I will likely use it at night, or ever other night, in combination with a more active-ingredient based serum.

Update: I found I went through the bottle very quickly -- it lasted for just under two months. I applied it twice daily but thought I was being sparing. I will probably still re-purchase but may try to use it on an "as needed" and rescue basis if I'm able to whip my dry skin into shape with something else.

on 11/18/2014 3:07:00 PM

Well I've just finished my first bottle of this serum and I thought to come here and right a review. It lasted me exactly 2 months,by using it morning and evening before my moisturizer, one pump for face and neck. I must say that I liked the fact that it sunk right away without leaving any kind of residue on my skin but at the same time I'm not sure if it has done anything good for my skin... That is why I'm not planning to repurchase it in the near future.

It does what it says on the bottle - moisturise! Smells good and is easily absorbed. I like it because it has given my dehydrated skin the moisture it needed.

HOWEVER, the bottle does not last very long at all. It's been 4 weeks and I'm almost done with the bottle! I use it twice a day, one pump each time... I'll be looking for other serums when this is done. Not that this isn't good, but I would it has solved my dehydrated skin and I would like to try some other serums with additional benefits (anti-ageing, brightening skin etc.).

on 12/18/2013 5:57:00 PM

Hair: Brunette, Other, Fine

I bought this serum for a change of pace. I use the Vinoperfect and have been using Vinoperfect for a little over 4 years.
Vinosource was nice, refreshing and I am glad I gave it a try. Now I know without a shadow of a doubt that Vinoperfect is the one for me.
A drawback is the Vinosource pump some product was not able to come out throught the pump once I got to the last bits of this serum. So I tossed the pump and stored it upside down on a small dish. I did this for about a week and scraped every last bit of the serum : ) waste not want not!
Vinosource was just okay, it hydrates and gives skin a beautiful healthy radiant glow but its missing something that I can't quite put my finger on. Vinexpert gets it all right for me.
For reference- I have combo radiant and always getting compliments on my glowy skin!

on 7/31/2013 3:10:00 AM

Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Warm

My skin is oily but dehydrated, and these days I'm looking for a serum rather than a moisturizer. My first try was Ole Henriksen's Truth Serum, which is a Vitamin C serum. I was excited to try it because I knew it could potentially brighten my skin and boost sun protection with its antioxidants. I never used it long enough to see any benefits, but it was a nice hydrating serum. Unfortunately, it broke me out a bit so here I am.

This Caudalie serum has a milky consistency and sinks into the skin very easily. The scent is not strong and I find it pleasant, though scent is pretty personal. For my dehydrated oily skin, I would say this works pretty well. It hydrates without adding too much moisture, so it plays nice with my oiliness. And while I find that some moisturizers seem to sit on my skin and/or sink in just a little bit, this serum actually hydrates. I have no problems using other products on top of this serum, including makeup, so that is a plus.

Apparently, this serum also has some antioxidants, but I can't really comment on whether or not the quantity/quality is laudable.

The only thing, besides the price point ($49), is that this isn't the most hydrating serum. I think if you have truly dry skin, especially if it's also dehydrated, there are better options out there (like OHTS, which offers superior hydration).

on 7/15/2013 6:08:00 PM

Skin: Combination, Medium, Neutral

Over time, my skin started to dry more and more (unsure whether if it was due to the weather). So I needed to change and update my skincare products.

What's great about this is how fast it absorbs. You almost see an immediate effect after applying this serum, thus, lives its claims as a "S.O.S" serum.
There is a scent to it but it doesn't bother me that much and I have a sensitive nose.
This doesn't clog my pores and doesn't flare up my sensitive skin.
I also like the packaging. it's in a nice glass pump bottle.

After using this for a while (there's about 1/3 left in my bottle), I think I've sort of hit the spot where this product has reached its potential limit on my skin. It really helped my very dry skin, but I needed something more.
After doing a bit of research, I started buying serums and creams that have a stronger hyaluronic acid to help maintain moisture on my skin and products that claim to retain moisture for a longer period of time. This serum does have hyaluronic acid, but it's somewhere at the bottom of the ingredients. So If you have very very dry skin, you should try a stronger product like Dermadoctor's Wrinkle Revenge Serum (I'm trying that right now).
So no, I won't be repurchasing this as I need a different kind of serum now; but yes if my skin was more normal/dry.

Overall, this is a great quick absorbing serum that rescues your dry skin. It's very light and doesn't weigh on your skin. I think it's worth the price tag, but be sure to shop & sample for more suitable products before dropping 48$ on this.

on 3/17/2013 2:52:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Neutral

Lately, my skin has been extra dry and keeps peeling. Traveling has not helped. I have been mixing this at night with a few drops of jojoba oil. I wake up with perfectly happy, hydrated skin. PS: This will not clog pores.

on 3/14/2013 8:21:00 PM

Pros: smell is divine, texture is very light, absorbs quickly, one of the best packaging I've had

Cons: like another comment said, it goes on pretty fast compared with other serums, probably because of the texture.

I like this product, but overall I could not see that much effect on my dehydrated skin.