Caudalie Vinosource S.O.S Thirst Quenching Serum

Caudalie Vinosource S.O.S Thirst Quenching Serum
Vinosource S.O.S Thirst Quenching SerumVinosource S.O.S Thirst Quenching Serum

4.2

Water, Vitis Vinifera (Grape) Fruit Water*, Glycerin*, Butylene Glycol*, Ethylhexyl Palmitate*, Polyacrylate Crosspolymer-6, Polymethyl Methacrylate, Dimethicone, Palmitoyl Grape Seed Extract*, Caprylyl Glycol, Parfum (Fragrance), Squalane*, Potassium Sorbate, Vitis Vinifera (Grape) Juice*, Sodium Benzoate, Xanthan Gum, Sorbitan Oleate*, Sodium Carboxymethyl Betaglucan, Citric Acid, Sorbitan Laurate*, Hyaluronic Acid, Sodium Phytate*, Disodium Acetyl Glucosamine Phosphate, Myristyl Malate Phosphonic Acid. *Origine végétale - plant origin.

I slapped on the Caudalie Vinosource S.O.S Thirst Quenching Serum and my skin was so cool, refreshed, plumped and total opposite of dry and tight. I also really like their grape water spray.

the first time I tried this product I immediately understood why it was called 'thirst quenching'. my skin literally drank it up and instantly felt hydrated. in the drier months I use this as directed which is to use it under a moisturizer. however, because of how lightweight yet effective this serum is, in the summer months, I use this alone as my moisturizer. my skin is left quenched but never greasy and that's exactly what i'm looking for. the price is pretty hard to swallow at first but you don't even need a full pump of this for your entire face so the product does last. the only thing I don't like? the glass bottle. it definitely gives it a luxe feel but it also brings on anxiety while traveling with it.

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Neutral

Hair: Black, Wavy, Fine

I received a sample of this with a Sephora order, and I loved it so much, I bought the full size. I have very dry skin, and I use this before my moisturizer just to help my skin a little bit more. Sometimes my skin is so dry, it gets flaky in the middle of the day. If I'm wearing foundation, it will flake though that, which is never a good look. This helps my skin to retain enough moisture throughout the day that my makeup actually stays on. Even though this is so moisturizing, it still feels very light, and not at all greasy or oily. It also soaks into my skin almost immediately after applying it, which is great. I've been using this every day for about five months, and it's only about a third gone. This is a great product in every way.

Absolutely love this. I've gone through a few bottles, I use it morning and night in the winter and nighttime only during the sunny months (switch to something with SPF during the day). Very moisturizing and super light, I don't wake up in the morning all shiny and greasy. Doesn't clog pores either. Love! Totally worth the cost for the quality and you do get a decent amount of product. For reference, I tend to have an oily t-zone and drier cheeks... and this is plenty for me. Girls with really dry skin would probably do well to use as intended with another moisturizer.

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Cool

I got this as a sample from Sephora after hearing Essiebutton on youtube talk about it. I tried this in the middle of winter when my skin was super parched and awful looking. This serum was like a tall glass of water for my thirsty face. I was very sad when my sample ran out. It is a lot of money to spend on basically a moisturizer, but when winter comes around again I just might have to fork over the cash to soothe my dry skin. For now my skin is happy and moisturized since summer is almost here, at least if I do decide to buy it I won't have to use it all year round.

Skin: Oily, Fair, Not Sure

Really love this product, I use this in the am after washing and my skin feels calmer and smoother, definitely hydrated. Although I have really oily skin it has been dry and tight feeling lately so I tried this, I'm glad I did. The serum is very fluid and one pump covers my face and neck, it sinks right in. I will sometimes mix this serum in with my Vinexpert Firming Serum that I use at night if I need added moisture. And of course it is non-comedogenic which is a must for me, I will repurchase :)

on 4/17/2013 3:27:00 AM

Skin: Dry, Olive, Cool

Hair: Black, Other, Medium

A little pricey but certainly worth it if you have dehydrated skin naturally. I apply a tiny pea size amount to my face after cleansing and toning. Its extremely light and absorbs very very fast (the toner probably helps speed this up too - i like to leave the toner damp on my face and apply the serum directly on top). then I follow it with my favourite face cream. The final result is soft, dewy skin with a healthy glow. It looks very natural. Not greasy or heavy at all. Would buy again.
Note: I use Vichy Purete-thermale Soothing Toner for dry/sensitive skin. Its a great alcohol-free toner and pairs very well with this serum.

on 3/14/2013 1:29:00 AM

I'm obsessed with skincare, and serums in particular, but I've never found one like this. Somehow it really calms my skin, and keeps it both hydrated and clear. This isn't an anti-acne product, but it works way better than anything that's supposed to target breakouts for me! LOVE. I'll never go back to anything else. Genuine holy grail product.

on 3/4/2013 1:25:00 PM

Skin: Other, Fair-Medium, Warm

I love this product & have repurchased, it doesn't over promise & has a shining ingredient list, in fact I think it understates it's great properties. Below is a short summary of the ingredients:

-Grape fruit water, potent antioxidant, 1 of the best anti-aging ingredient, it's can't reverse aged skin, but it can delay it.
-Hyaluronic Acid- great moisturizer
-Glycerin, common emollient, attracts water from air to skin
-Ethylhexyl Palmitate, Squalane--more emollients
-Palmitoyl Grape Seed Extract, tells skin cell what to do (to behave better), especiially good if combined with anti oxidant, which this serum has
-Caprylyl Glycol, Potassium Sorbate--plant based preservatives, good for people who hate parabens (which I don't really mind)
-Other thickening & bonding agents

Other bonuses:
-Made in France so no animal testing!
-Most ingredients are plant based means less animal derived ingredients.

I took 1 point off packaging because I prefer opage coiner which protects antioxidants better. It is very light weight, ultra moisturizing, sinks in well & quick, makes my less oily, I love it. I really think it would work great for all skin types (especially dehydrated & dry skin) because of it's light texture & anti-oxidant is a all around great ingredient. I recommend to to add another layer of moisturizer unless you have super oily skin.

on 2/17/2013 6:53:00 AM

Hair: Blond, Other, Fine

another great caudalie product! since i've been using this my skin is not only looking a lot more alive, it's also soothed, less redness and irritation and much finer texture. it just feels really soft. i use it morning and night after my toner and before my any moisturiser. my anyways dry skin also gets really dehydrated in the winter with all the central heating etc and this is helping me combat the effect and avoiding using mineral oil based creams since it preps my skin well for any following moisturiser. if you have sensitive/dehydrated/dull winter skin i highly recommend this serum!