Bath & Body Works Forever Red

Bath & Body Works Forever Red
Forever Red Forever Red Forever Red

3.5

Alcohol Denat, Water, Fragrance, Butyl Methoxyl Ibenzylonethane, Ethylhexyl Methocinnamate, Ethylhexyl Salicylate, BHT, Alpha Isomethyl Ionone, Butylphenyl Methylpropinal, Citronellol, Couramin,Geraniol, Hydroxyisohexyl 3 Cyclohexene, Carboaldehyde, Linalool

Skin: Acne-prone, Other, Not Sure

I sampled this in BBW when picking up my mom's Christmas stocking stuffers of BBW lotion.

I sprayed this in the air and sniffed and smelled nothing. I figured there were so many other fragrances in the store that I was just missing it. I sprayed a wee bit on my sleeve - still nothing. Sprayed more - nothing. Sprayed my sleeve again - got it actually wet - and figured I'd try it again later when not in BBW at all. I sniffed my sleeve about 30 minutes later when I got into the car - almost nothing. A little fruit and a tiny bit of the rum, and that's all.

I feel extremely sorry for BBW that they actually created, hyped and are trying to sell a fragrance that has little to no actual scent.

Skin: Oily, Medium, Neutral

LOL so the shimmer and regular full size version of this were both $22, which is more expensive than the fine fragrance mist collection which is one of my only complaints. My second complaint would be that it stains your skin red. My friends thought I was having an allergic reaction to something when I wore this on my neck with a low cut blouse. Other than thsat, its a great scent, probably their best, other than Love Love Love (that purple one)<3 Great packaging, but why is it more expensive???

Skin: Combination, Tan, Not Sure

I took a specific trip to B&BW just to try this fragrance and I have to say I was extremely underwhelmed. I mean, it's a nice enough fragrance, but for me kind of generic and one I would definitely pass by in the department store. The cost seems a bit pricey for the lotions etc considering that I could get any of their other lotions for almost half the price. The pomegranate note that is prominent in the beginning smells a lot like the one in midnight pomegranate, but oddly enough this scent almost seems less complex to me. I would choose Midnight Pomegranate over this scent any day. For a scent that they put this much effort into developing and promoting I was expecting a bigger bang for the buck. I bought the EDP in the hopes that when I got home and tried it again I would change my mind and be madly in love with it, but for me it is too overpoweringly perfumey and musky (and this is coming from someone who loves musky scents). Despite the fact that this is an EDP not an EDT I still find it has no lasting power. This scent reminds me of a fragrance geared towards middle aged women that they just added a splash of fruitiness to try to appeal to the younger crowd. I was told by the girl in the store that they are offshooting a whole new Forever Red line of products and making it their higher end fragrances. I hope the next ones are more impressive. Do I hate it? No. Would I buy it again? Never. Bottom line it's a pleasant enough scent in small doses, but forgettable and overpriced.

This scent isn't as nice as many of the other scents offered by Bath and Body Works, and did not appeal to me. It's a fruity type scent, but I couldn't pick out what type of fruit. I have found no better staying power, even with their acclaimed quality ingredients. The bottle looks like a Very Sexy bottle from Victoria's Secret, so no added costs there I should think. I just do not see any need for a price increase on this scent. This isn't a bad scent and might be a favorite to many, it's just not to me. I'd pay more for several of their other scents before purchasing this one. Bath and Body Works seems to be going backwards to me. They have had other scents that should have been permanent. This scent is already one they'll keep and they don't even know if it will be a favorite or not? I guess that's where the price increase comes from and what advertising will do for you. This will not be a purchase for myself or for gift giving.

Skin: Normal, Fair, Cool

Hair: Red, Wavy, Fine

Bath&BodyWorks Forever Red is the brand's newest permanent Signature Collection scent. Bath&BodyWorks has really been promoting this scent, they even made a whole mini website for it. A Bath&BodyWorks sales associate told me that more money was spent developing and promoting Forever Red than on any other scent in the brand's history. This scent technically hasn't launched yet, I think it officially releases very soon, November 5th, I believe. Bath&BodyWorks calls Forever Red their "most luxurious fragrance ever" and describe it as a "pairing of the richest and rarest ingredients to create our most feminine and surprising fragrance collection yet! Forever Red is a passionate blend of pomegranate and red osmanthus with a sexy surprise of vanilla rum". The full range of Forever Red products just went up on the Bath&BodyWorks website today. This scent is currently available in nine products. All of the Forever Red products are significantly more expensive than the rest of the Signature Collection items but I was told by the sales associate that sales like "buy three get two free" will still be applicable. I bought a little .25fl oz (17ml) Eau de Parfum for $5 which was the intro price, this little bottle will eventually retail for $10. The full size Eau de Parfum retails for $44.50. All Bath&BodyWorks products are cruelty free and made in the USA.
Forever Red's mini Eau de Parfum comes in a really pretty bottle. All of Forever Red's packaging is very nice looking, much fancier looking than what you'd expect from Bath&BodyWorks, more like something you'd expect from Bath&BodyWork's sister brand Victoria's Secret. This little perfume comes in a rectangular, translucent, red glass bottle topped by a square, plastic, red cap. The bottle is plain, only the name of the scent is on the front, written in red of course. I don't really like the spritzer, it seems too flimsy to me, but I'm sure the full size has a better quality atomizer. I really like the look of Forever Red's mini bottle, it's nice for just a purse size.
I've been so disappointed by most of Bath&BodyWorks new scents lately. Because of all the hype surrounding Forever Red, I expected to be really let down by the scent. I popped into my favorite Bath&BodyWorks store (the one at the Waterfront in Homestead, PA) looking to sample this scent and hoping for the best. I gave it a sniff and was pleasantly surprised! Let me give you the notes before I go on.

Top Notes: Fiery Pomegranate, Rare French Peach, Luminous Apple
Mid Notes: Red Peony, Night Marigold, Red Osmanthus
Dry Notes: Rich Vanilla Rum, Velvety Marshmallow, Oak Wood

Forever Red is a really warm scent, great for this time of year. At first sniff Forever Red reminded me of Midnight Pomegranate. They're definitely similar scents but Forever Red is more..luxurious, I guess? The pomegranate and apple notes combine to give Forever Red a delicious juiciness. The scent is armed up by the rum and has a sweet confection quality to it stemming from the marshmallow. The sweetness isn't strong or overpowering, I actually think it's the softest aspect of Forever Red. I love how seamless the notes are, the fruit notes mesh so well with the sweet alcoholic notes, sitting atop a soft but rich woody base. Bath&BodyWorks really put together a great scent. The notes compliment each other, you can tell that Bath&BodyWorks didn't just slap this scent together thoughtlessly. I've really fallen in love with Forever Red.
The sales associate I talked to told me that this little bottle of Forever Red is an Eau de Parfum, meaning that it contains a high concentration of fragrance oils resulting in longer wear. Um..well, it lasts longer than the reformulated Fine Fragrance Mist which struggle to last an hour on me. I get about two hours of wear from Forever Red which is pretty poor especially for the price. Maybe it's just me, but I get good wear from other, non-Bath&BodyWorks scents, so it's probably the formula. I'm really disappointed by how often I need to respritz.
Overall, apart from the short wear time, I love Bath&BodyWorks Forever Red. I'm pretty sure Bath&BodyWorks is phasing out Midnight Pomegranate, one of my all time favorite scents. Heart breaking, I know, but I think Forever Red is a suitable replacement. I think Bath&BodyWorks really made a great new scent that isn't too similar to their other offerings. I hope to buy one or two more mini Eau de Parfums. I definitely recommend trying out this great new scent!