e.l.f. Cosmetics E.L.F. Essential Lip Stain - Crimson Crush

e.l.f. Cosmetics E.L.F. Essential Lip Stain - Crimson Crush

2.8

on 3/6/2015 12:18:00 PM

I really can't say I like this. It gives a nice deep color, and is good for making a gradient lip, but only if you're working on perfectly dry lips. This will not show up on moisturized lips! It's the same texture exactly as a crayola washable marker, so ask yourself whether you want to literally be coloring on your lips with a children's marker.

on 1/7/2015 10:56:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Tan, Warm

Hair: Black, Wavy, Coarse

I'm sad to say that this is one of the only elf products I've used that I don't like. Ive owned three different shades of this product. They all have little to no product, and there is almost no pigmentation when there is product. I've also noticed that after a very short amount of time (around two weeks/ after 10 uses personally) they develop a very bad smell.

Okay, after reading so many good reviews, I decided to go ahead and try this since it was only $2.

However, it has been terrible. Five minutes after I put it on it dried into the corners of my mouth and faded every where else.

I just threw it in the trash.

Skin: Dry, Fair, Neutral

These are nice stains. The colors are nice, there's no bad smell or anything like that. I have all the stains and the only one I don't care for is crimson red. It's nice but it doesn't look good on. It looks like you applied lipstick 4 hours ago and not in the good way. Also for any of these colors. Exfoliate well.

The others are beautiful though and make your lips look nice and fresh. I always put a clear balm over top. The packaging is nice, the applicator is precise and they stains dry quickly without bleeding. (Even crimson red) besides that, for the orice, I paid $2 you can't complain too much. Elf is one of my favorite lines. There isn't too much I don't like from this company.

on 10/15/2014 12:42:00 PM

After trying a previous ELF lip stain (nude nectar) and liking it, I took the plunge with this darker color since it was fall. I have light to olive skin, light eyes, and dark hair. The wearability of this cheap stain is awesome, it lasts long, is not sticky, and doesn't come off on things like my coffee cup. It looks great and I received compliments when I first began wearing it. For such a reasonable price it is totally worth it. The applicator is a bit pointy, but helps to "draw" the outer edges of my lips. For fuller coverage, I just apply it at an angle. Looks great layered with a gloss over it (I used one from selma hayek's nuance line). Recommended.

on 2/4/2014 10:39:00 AM

really nice color and pigmented, slightly drying

For a $2 stain I was very impressed. It held up longer than my Benetint, which I've always had a problem getting to stay for more than a couple of hours. The downside is that it has dried out some, and I have to work a little more for the same first-day results, but in the end I can't complain. Definitely a keeper.

Skin: Very Oily, Tan, Not Sure

I feel like this product has the potential to be great however I just bought it and it is already dried out. And I had to work REALLY hard just to get mediocre coverage. I would definitely not recommend this product unless you have TINY lips

on 8/7/2013 4:08:00 PM

I got this just to try it and it worked the first day but the next day it was already dried out! It barely gives any color, it mattifys your lips, makes them feel very dry and I just found mine today, I've had if for about 2 months and it smells horrible! Would not reccomend

I am so shocked to see the positive reviews on this product! Maybe it's just me, but it didn't work out so good.

When I saw the packaging, it instantly screamed "Cheap." It is only $2, so that really wasn't a big deal to me. When putting it on, it took a while to reach it's full "richness" in color. After about 5 minutes of building this product up on my lips, I wasn't too disappointing with the color! It was actually quite lovely. But...after only a few minutes of wearing, it dried up my lips majorly and left me with "cracked" looking red lips.

Bummer!