Giorgio Armani Maestro Fusion Makeup

Filtered by age: 30-35
Giorgio Armani Maestro Fusion Makeup

(Active Ingredient : Octinoxate 3%) • Cyclohexasiloxane • Dimethicone • Isododecane • Alcohol Denat • Vinyl Dimethicone/Methicone Silsesquioxane Crosspolymer • Phenyl Trimethicone • Acrylates/Polytrimethylsiloxymethacrylate Copolymer • PEG-10 Dimethicone • Disteardimonium Hectorite • Fragrance • Nelumbium Speciosum Flower Extract • Limonene • Benzyl Salicylate • Synthetic Fluorphlogopite • Linalool • Benzyl Alcohol • Propylene Carbonate • Caprylic/Capric Triglyceride • Disodium Stearoyl Glutamate • Water • Citrus Aurantium Amara (Bitter Orange) Flower Oil • Butylphenyl Methylpropional • Aluminium Hydroxide • Hexyl Cinnamal +/- (CI 77891/Titanium Dioxide • CI 77491/CI 77492/CI 77499/Iron Oxides)

on 12/19/2013 4:26:00 AM

Ooohhh... I never loved so much a foundation like i love mestro..
I've been trying few foundations lately.. I bought samples of light bulb and face architect from shu eumura, and full size of face designer and maestro from giorgio armani.

I love those foundation above, at first i was hesitated to buy maestro but what the heck.... i bought it anyway. I used maestro the last cuz i didnt any have high expectation but.. i was amazed with how beautiful the foundation is on my skin, best among all i owned.

My skin is not perfect at all, i have few brown spots from previous breakout, i have tiny scars on my cheeks from breakouts as well during my teen, so guys not perfect at all.
What amazed me is this foundation could make my skin near perfect, it may not cover all the brown spots but you really need to put your eyes close to my skin to spot them, and my scars.. Somehow this foundation blurs it ?? My skin looks almost smooth ... Really im not kidding ! My skin looks damn good !!!

I have been wearing this foundation from 7am til 5pm, i didnt blot... Neither did any touch up, my face still looks damn good, no oxidation at all too. I have shine but good shine not gross or oily kind of shine... Oh man... Good Job Giorgio A !!!!

on 11/2/2013 2:51:00 PM

Skin: Dry, Deep Dark, Not Sure

This has a unique texture and gives you medium to heavy coverage.

It blurs your imperfections and evens out skin tone with out looking like make up. I asked my friend what she thought of this foundation and it was his favorite since she cant see the make up and she hates foundation.

The product preforms well but I just feel whelmed about it on my skin. It did not rock my world, I might prefer a more dewy luminous finish then what this gives. For me its a little flat. I feel like I need to dress it up with extra contour and blush to make my skin look alive. I don't plan on returning it but I will not re purchase.

It is a good mixer and can go well with a moisturizer.

on 9/13/2013 11:19:00 PM

This "foundation" is amazing and definitely a HG item for me now! I have never used anything like it. It goes on so light, almost like a moisturizer that seeps into your skin. It blends flawlessly. By the end of the night I swear my skin looked even more flawless! I could not be more impressed with this product. The coverage is def light to (at best) a modest medium. So if your skin has minor imperfections and/or you are looking for a nice evening of skin tone for a flawless finish, this is DEFINITELY the foundation for you. This product is unreal and unlike anything I have ever used. It is on the expensive side, but worth every penny!

on 9/12/2013 9:32:00 AM

Well, i find this foundation beyond excellent. It spreads over my skin really fast and putting it on takes seconds. It seems fool-proof. The consistency is that of a really thin oil, but it transforms instantly on skin leaving no greasy feeling at all. It is an amazing feeling to not feel the foundation on the skin, too! The finish without a powder is quite beautiful and dewy, and very natural as the cover is sheer. i find you can build it to a medium cover, but a bit of the amazing natural look gets lost. As the application top makes it easy to use a precise amount, I actually find this foundation priceworthy. I have this in 6.5 and it matches my fair but easily tanned nordic skin tone. in winter I might switch to 5.5.

Will update in a few weeks regarding two concerns, though:
I work long night shifts (17 hrs) and the staying power test will be brutal!
Also, this foundation is full of 'cones and this often makes me break out. We'll se about that.

Update 21/9: Been using this for a week now. Still love! No pimples:)
Am using it sometimes with primer (Lancome La Base) and sometimes without. The staying power is better with primer although difference is subtle. It looks fresh on my slightly oily skin still after 8 hrs. I have found 5.5 is a better match now. Best thing of all is that it does,n settle into the large pores I have on nose, cheeks and forehead. This happens with almost every other product in spite of using thin or thick primer.

Will update in a few months how this performs in cooler weather.

on 8/28/2013 12:58:00 AM

Skin: Oily, Other, Not Sure

I've been using this foundation for over two weeks now and I have to say that it's been living up to the hype!

Pros:
* Heavily tinted, so you need just a few drops for the entire face.
* Gives sheer yet buildable coverage. Looks like your skin, but better.
* Use it with a highlighting primer to get a dewy look. I rub a dollop of MAC Strobe Cream
beforehand and the effect is gorgeous.
* Spreads easily with just your fingers.
* Doesn't break me out.

Cons:
* Doesn't offer staying power for long, humid days. When I use my phone, some of the foundation stays on the screen- ulg.
* Sensitive skin types might be irritated by the alcohol content.
* Not enough sunblock protection.
* Not cheap.

If you feel that the pros outweigh the cons, which they do in my case, I suggest giving this a try. I am an NC 40 in MAC Studio Fix Fluid and Maestro 7 fits me perfectly.

on 7/12/2013 3:38:00 PM

I opted to buy this having read such great reviews, but have also seen that it does not work well for dry skin, which I have in the Winter, so I didn't start using it until the weather warmed around May.

So far, I have enjoyed the product very much. It provides a sheer coverage, yet, when you wait a few minutes for it to set, it does give you a special glow and it seems to cover more than it did when I first applied.

PROS:
- It feels feather light on the skin
- Adheres to well-moisturized skin and on my good skin days, it gives me a flawless look
- I like that it's matte on my skin
- Dropper packaging ensures no cross contamination
- Even though the colour is a little off from my skin, I do believe it colour-corrects so it matches, and I do not see a difference from my natural skin colour
- Very easy to apply

CONS:
- On days where my skin is reacting to the weather and feels dry, it doesn't adhere very well to the skin and can highlight dry patches
- The website says to use 3 drops, I see other reviewers use 2 drops, I'm using about 5 - 6 drops, and I think that is still a sheer coverage

OVERALL:

I think it is a great product. It is more expensive, but for the quality of the results, I am happy to pay a bit more for something I apply daily to my face!

on 4/15/2013 12:12:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Cool

Hair: Black, Wavy, Coarse

It's the most expensive foundation I've ever bought, and it's the first foundation I bought from G. Armani. I bought #4.5 and this foundation becomes my second skin!!! My shade is Estee lauder light 2.0 / NC25, I love this foundation, it's light, the texture is smooth as silk, helps my skin becomes so much better and looks so natural! The foundation covers my pores pretty well, however it's too light so it doesn't cover my blemish or scar well.

I tried to not set the make up when I apply foundation, my face gets shine after 4-5 hours as I live in a humid place. so I usually use MAC blot powder to set and the foundation will stay much longer!

Overall I love this foundation, I highly recommend people who enjoy "less is more" / without make up look!

My skintype: Normal, with oily t-zone. Decently clear with some blackheads around the nose, and a few dark spots. Have dark undereye circles.
My skintone: Light neutral/slightly golden. Can usually wear NC20 in MAC, though in some formulations have to wear NW20. Usually wear NARS Deauville.

I initially purchased this in November, but have waited all these months to review it because I had a love-hate relationship. I think the problem was that the MA said I should use #3, which, in all actuality, is a bit too light for my skintone once it "sets." Interestingly, the colors in Maestro run a bit differently than Luminou Silk, and seem to get lighter as they set, rather than traditional foundation that tend to get darker as they oxidize.

The #3 is a nice neutral - probably best suited for skintones no darker than NC/NW15. I found that because it was too pale for my skin, it seemed to actually accentuate any dark spots/imperfections. After doing some research online (The Beauty Professor blog has a great review on this which shows all of the swatches), I later picked up samples of #4 and #5, which made me instantly love this foundation.

The #4 would be perfect for NC20'ish skintones. It has a slight yellow tone. The #5 would be great for NW20'ish girls, as it runs slightly more pink. On the skin, however, both work quite well and seem to blend in.

A few notes on the packaging and texture... you definitely have to shake it up, and yes, the dropper bottle is annoying... mostly because as you're putting the dropper back in the bottle, it seems to push out the excess on the outside of the dropper. (Kind of hard to explain, but if you see the package, you will understand.) It feels like a lightweight dry oil, and all I use is 3-4 drops on my entire face. I basically start in the middle of my face and pat/gently rub outwards. It literally takes 10 seconds to apply. Because it is so lightweight, I don't have to think about blending or stippling. I usually just do one layer, but I've tried layering another layer on top, and it seems to be ok/doesn't get cakey.

As mentioned before, I have an oily t-zone, and Maestro does not set into pores or make me super oily through the day, which is a HUGE deal for me. Addtionally, it does not make me break out, and is easy to remove at night.

Just a few tips... make sure your skin is well exfoliated and moisturized before applying Maestro, as other MUA'ers have noted. For me, I like to use Bobbi Brown's Vitamin Enriched Face Base first, then layer on my Shiseido Urban Environment sunscreen and then use Maestro. I've also used it over the Josie Maran daily sunblock lotion, and it works wel with that, too. Also, you will need concealer with this if you have super dark spots or dark circles. I use the Maestro corrector *beforehand* on my dark undereye circles. For acne scars or other things like that, I use Urban Decay's 24/7 concealer pencil.

Overall, I love this product! continued >>

on 2/5/2013 4:15:00 AM

I bought this during Christmas time and have been using it since. I think it works well especially for combination skin but as other reviewers mentioned if you have dry spots, it will cling onto them, so make sure to moisturise well beforehand. I like this and am using this mainly now as it lasts well, gives a beautiful glowy finish and my skin just looks fresher when I'm wearing this even if I'm tired.
It is very expensive though, I actually have never spend so much money on a foundation that I did for this one. Think it retailed about 70 euros in my country which is very pricey for a 30 ml! Then again you only need a little bit and it is worth the money though think it could be cheaper.
As for the shades, I found just a right fair shade for my skin which gives quite good coverage also. Very light, feels little bit oily when applying (I apply this with my fingers) but sets nicely and beautifully onto the skin.

on 1/23/2013 11:43:00 AM

Skin: Oily, Fair, Neutral

I wanted to love this, but for everyday work wear it's not the best for me. I do love how it looks and feels on my skin - it's totally natural and I can't feel it on my skin at all. With every other tinted moisturizer or lightweight foundation, no matter how sheer, I still can feel it. This truly feels like you're wearing nothing. And it doesn't make me any shinier than usual, which is quite a feat considering how oily my skin is and the fact that this foundation is oil-based. However, for longevity and coverage this just isn't enough for me. It fades after a few hours and rubs off if I touch my face (blotting is out of the question). It provides very light coverage, maybe a hair more than a tinted moisturizer, so it doesn't quite even out my admittedly not-so-great skin - I have to use a lot of concealer on top. I'll finish up this bottle but won't repurchase...only if it didn't come off so easily and had more coverage (or if my skin improves!) For shade reference: MAC NC 15-20, and I wear 2 in the Maestro. I wear 4 in Armani's Lasting Silk so it would stand to reason that I would wear 4 in the Maestro as well, but that was a touch too dark - 2 was a much better match.