LORAC PRO Palette

LORAC PRO Palette
Lorac Pro PaletteUDD and Lorac PalettePRO PalettePRO PalettePRO Palette

4.4

on 5/25/2017 2:02:00 AM

Honestly this palette is so overhyped in my opinion. The colours are too cool toned for my liking and they end up looking too muddy especially as time goes on. The colours just don't stand out once they're on the lid and it looks messy and muddy once on the lid. In the pan the colours look so good but it does NOT translate to the eyes well which is a major disappointment. I've tried so hard to use and like this palette but it's so underwhelming. I really regret buying this! I would not recommend this to anyone

Skin: Oily, Fair, Warm

This palette is a workhorse palette for me. This is definitely the most used palette I've owned. It has mostly neutral colors. A good amount of these colors lean cool (many of the lighter colors) while many of the medium/darker colors are either neutral or cool toned. Despite my warm toned skin, I find a lot of these colors to work well with my brown eyes.

I like the texture of these eyeshadows better than Urban Decay. These have better pigmentation, blendability, and less fallout than UD, imo. This is a very well balanced palette. The best part of the palette is that is has an equal amount of matte and shimmery colors, as well an equal amount of light and dark colors. They have at least three blending colors (taupe, mauve, and sable) and colors to darken a look.

The eyeshadows are a good size. I have been using it almost daily for 2 months and haven't hit pan yet. The only complaint I'd have is that there are some colors that are a little redundant. The light colors (white, light pink, cream) are very light and look pretty similar on my skintone (warm,NC20). The gold color is a very orange gold and is pretty bold. I didn't quite like the look of the gold and neither did my boyfriend! So, there's some colors in the palette that I could do without.

But I love the heck out of the brown, black/grey, or purple shades. The espresso is a beautiful brown and looks great on brown eyes. I'll use the black to line my top eye (I'm too oily skinned to wear it on the bottom!) I ended up wanting to return my Too Faced Chocolate Bar and Stila in the light palette because I feel there are colors that I like that are already in the Lorac pro palette.

My favorite looks: Using Maybelline's color tattoo eyeshadow in Tough as Taupe and layering Pewter on top and finish with black liquid liner. Beautiful!

on 2/23/2016 2:45:00 AM

Skin: Normal, Medium, Cool

Hair: Black, Wavy, Fine

I deliberated over and researched this palette to death for over two months, and finally pulled the trigger. I don't have access to LORAC where I live so I had to buy it sight unseen with only the reviews and swatches to go on. Needless to say I was excited. I had one LORAC palette before (Miss Davenporte) and while I love the texture of their shadows I found the colour selection not so great for my skintone.

Anyway on to this palette. While the quality of the shadows is good, with pretty decent colour payoff, I just don't get excited when I use this palette. In fact, I kind of have singles of most of these colours already in my collection, and in some cases better versions of the colours. My favourite shades so far have been Mauve, which is an interesting medium shade, and a surprise like was Garnet which I had anticipated ignoring altogether since I don't usually use red eyeshadow. Oh and I really love Slate, even though I have similar colours, it is just a very flattering blue-grey shimmer.

I was most disappointed in the light wash colours like Nude, Champagne and Cream. They appeared a bit grainy on my eyelid instead of smoothly, and I still ended up buying an eyeshadow single to meet my all over wash needs.

So I was a little let down by this palette because I expected it to be really amazing based on all the reviews. Perhaps, if you already have a lot of these colours, you can give it a skip. It's certainly a great palette if you don't already have a tonne of eyeshadow, as I admittedly do, and the quality of the product is good for the price.

Just one last note, the shadows are packed rather loosely and a lot of product is kicked up by makeup brushes, so all you need to do is tap lightly to pick up colour. I see this as a minus because I think a lot of product is wasted this way.

2018 update: I have recently cleared out some of my older makeup so I've come to see this palette as my go-to one for all my basics and staples, and it has grown on me since I reviewed it years ago. I've also hit pan on a few shades - Cream, Taupe, Light Bronze. Viewing it in this light makes it appreciate it a lot more.

Skin: Combination, Medium Brown, Warm

After doing alot of research on this palette and hearing such great reviews i had to have it, A lil cliche i know but seriously it's worth the buy! I noticed the palette has been out for a little while now. After purchasing the Lorac AfterGlo palette and testing it out i learned that Lorac has some pretty good stuff! I had heard about the brand before, but passed it buy because i didnt know much about the brand...Ive been doing my homework now and i love me some Lorac! Anywho I noticed that this palette is comparable to Urban decay naked palette 1, But slightly different in its own way, It has more matte shades than what urban decay gives you and the texture is buttery and smooth! Which i love soooo much, With this palette a little goes a long way its just that pigmented! This could easily be the only palette that i can use for a day to night look without using all of my other palettes to create a look...Yay! The design is sleek and slim the case feels like a cardboard matte box?? If that makes any sense
The only con in my opinion is the case, its like cardboard to me that means it can easily tear But the good thing is that it has a great mirrior.....The colors are universe meaning any skintone could pull a look off with this palette and it is very WOC friendly and non chalky and does not have a gray cast to the shadows against my brown skin...(Brown girl problems) lol Bottom line is id repurchase this palette again and again its just that nice!
It was definetly worth the hype and im glad i purchased....If your iffy about this one BUY it you wont regret it

Skin: Acne-prone, Olive, Warm

I lost the internal battle against getting this palette recently, and I have to say that I am super happy I actually decided to go through with my purchase! I've been staring at it for what seems like forever, but I just couldn't commit when I have almost every other naked/neutral palette available. The thing is that every time I go into a makeup store, I find myself right back in the Lorac section playing with the Pro palette. I just couldn't hold myself back any longer!

Pros:

It has such a wonderful range of colors, and they are unbelievably pigmented. I was extremely impressed with the fact that they have such an ideal balance of matte and shimmer colors, which is a very big plus for me. I never thought I would care much for matte shadows, but they are a definite must for crease colors and blending purposes. The shadow colors are all to die for, I can confidently say it is the first palette I've ever bought that I will use every single shadow in.

This is the first neutral palette that I can actually use without needing to grab a different color from anywhere else. So convenient!

The mirror is great, and the names are quite literal, which I find kind of useful.

The textures are creamy, rich, buttery, silky ...and all of the other stuff we all look for in eyeshadow textures and quality. Even though I have come across the powdery thing that others have spoken up about with Lorac shadows in the past, It has not been the case with this one any time I've ever sampled or used it. This was actually another big reason I finally purchased it. The quality just seems superior, and that's saying a lot considering that powdery or not, I absolutely love Lorac's eyeshadows.

I purchased mine for $42.00, which is overall cheaper than the other neutral palettes out there.

CONS:

The Packaging. I love that it's flat because it being compact makes it awesome for travel, but I am disappointed to find that it is made out of some sort of hard cardboard. Truth be told, I didn't even realize it until reading these reviews, but I can see where it would be an issue with smudges or concerns that it will be flimsy. The cardboard-ey thing it's made out of seems pretty sturdy, so it's definitely not that much of a negative for me. Like I said, I find it just sort of disappointing.

The shadows are small compared to other neutral palettes. Even though I purchased it not too long ago, and it's terribly pigmented so as to not have to use so much, I'm already having anxiety over hitting pan on the colors I know I will use really often. I guess this can also be seen as a plus, if only because I love it so much that I'm already freaking out about running out. I will also add that I justify the smaller size in my head as being an OK thing because of the amount of different colors it comes with; most neutral palettes may have bigger pans, but they don't have the range this one does.

The champagne color, which I was hoping would be a constant inner eye highlighter color for me, has chunks of glitter in it. It's a beautiful color, but I can't STAND getting glitter all over my face. This is probably one of the things I'm most bummed out about because I'm worried I won't want to use it very often as I don't really want to deal with the clean-up hassle. I'm also worried about what other colors I may find in the pallet which will have chunks of glitter in it. The chunks are actually not as big as say, the UD shadows that contain glitter in them, but it's still irritating.

----

Overall, I find this an amazing palette. I would recommend it to anyone looking for just one neutral pallet or starting their collection. The positives definitely outweigh any negatives for me, and I can't wait to see what different combinations I can create with it!

on 2/11/2016 1:37:00 PM

Very pigmented colors that are also good for every day use. I was gifted this and the Urban Decay Naked 1 palette at the same time so it's been interesting to compare the two. A lot of colors are similar but this palette does feel overall more pigmented and I like the mattes. The only little thing is the color Champane is very dusty for some reason and kind of gets outside its little square a lot.

The packaging gets SOO dirty and smudgy though, after 1 week it looked like I'd been using it for months. Kind of annoying!

on 11/10/2013 11:37:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Tan, Warm

Way better than Naked palettes, both I have purchased. The absolute best eyeshadow palette I have. The colors are so rich, pigmented with creamy smooth texture. It is easy to blend, work with, and long-lasting. The variety of shades available in both matte and some shimmer is a great collection to own. There are many possible looks that can be created from this. Lorac has offered great quality eyeshadows for a low price in this palette. I would hope future palettes they create will be as equally amazing.

Lets start by saying I have the Naked2, Lorac Unzipped, and Cargo Vintage Palette, just to name some. I have to say the Lorac Pro is the silkiest, best color payoff, most blendable palette I own. (In a very close race with my Cargo Vinatage Palette that is. :) The pans look on the smaller side, and I was bummed out by this at first. But I realized just barely touching the color in the pan with your brush is all you need. It's extremely pigmented, so I can tell this palette is going to last a long time. I love how well these colors are put together. You can pull off so many looks. It's pretty much the perfect neutral palette every girl needs in her makeup arsenal. I'm so happy I decided bought this. If you don't have it, GET IT!! :)

Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Neutral

I have the Urban Decay Naked 1 and 2 Palette, but I have always been curious about trying out the Lorac Pro Palette, because it has more matte shades and has overall more natural shades that are suitable for every day makeup.

Since Lorac products are not available in Europe I had to buy the palette on ebay but I am so happy that I bought it. I absolutely love this palette and I have been using it pretty much every time I am using makeup.

The palette has 16 eye shadows, 8 matte colours and 8 shimmery colours and I have mostly been using the matte shades to create more depth on my eyelids without making it look like I am wearing tons of eye makeup. I have also been using the matte dark brown eye shadow in the colour Espresso to fill out my brows, because it is the perfect shade.

Overall I can say that I prefer the Lorac Pro palette from the colour range, however the eye shadows are a little powdery and tend to leave more fallout whereas the Urban Decay eye shadows are quite creamy/buttery.

on 10/23/2013 9:54:00 PM

I am in love. I used to love my Naked 2 palette and used it for my every day makeup, but ever since getting this one, my other neutral palettes have stayed in my drawer. I think compared to the Naked 2 palette and the MAC eye shadows, the shadows in this palette are more pigmented and more easily blendable. I think the biggest difference is definitely the texture. The shadows are so unbelievably soft, unlike any other eye shadows I've ever used; I can't even explain how it feels when you swatch it on your fingers. It's like swiping your fingers over silk.

I also think the colors are great. I normally only wear neutrals, but there are definitely some more exciting options in there (like Garnet -- a coppery shade great for fall). I also love that there are 8 matte shades and 8 shimmery shades. I think that the matte shades definitely separate this palette from others I've used. I think that the Urban Decay palettes do not have enough matte colors and I find that the MAC ones can often been a bit chalky. The color Champagne is very similar to MAC's Naked Lunch, which is one of my all time favorites. The color Pewter is similiar, although slightly darker than MAC's Satin Taupe, also one of my all time favorites. I think the matte black shade in there (conveniently called black) is better than MAC's carbon. Cream has also become my favorite matte brow highlight color, in my opinion superior to MAC Blanc Type and Foxy from the Naked 2 palette. I find Blanc Type less blendable and Foxy too yellow. The one color I do miss from my Naked 2 palette is Tease.

I also love the packaging. I never end up using brushes that come with palettes anyways so I love that this palette is light, slim and compact, with no extra slots for anything. It is great for traveling and has a nice sized mirror.

I personally also think that at $42, it's definitely worth the price for 16 colors. I know that each of the pans is less product that most palettes, but I honestly never hit pan anyway so I think for the color selection, it's definitely worth it.