LORAC PRO Palette

LORAC PRO Palette
Lorac Pro PaletteUDD and Lorac PalettePRO PalettePRO PalettePRO Palette

4.4

Skin: Dry, Medium, Warm

Some of the eyeshadows in here are my HG! I love that the mattes actually show up on my medium skin and don't look dry or chalky. The only thing I don't like is that the staying power is not that great for the price. I never have to wear eyeshadow primers because almost every eyeshadow lasts all day for me, except this one, even with primer. However I still love that this palette is great for an everyday look and can still be used for a night out unlike the Naked palettes that are only good to wear for special occasions.

on 7/2/2015 12:40:00 PM

Skin: Dry, Medium, Warm

I've had this palette for a good three months so I've had enough chances to play with it. It's a versatile palette because in one small slim compact you can definetely create several looks, just a wash of colour on the lid, a summer bronzy look, a more classic smokey eye. So it's easily what I reach most during the week. Pewter is probably my favourite shade, with a good primer, it achieves the same performance of a high end shadow stick. There are some very interesting matte crease colours with enough pigment to complement a smokey eye and they're my favourite in the palette. I'm a bit less keen on the shimmers, as they tend to become less defined when the weather warms up and mix in an undefined brown bronze. I prefer to use the shimmers on their own, so that the colour stays true with a good primer. It's a good palette and I'm glad I've got it, but there's room for improvement.

on 6/27/2015 1:15:00 PM

Skin: Dry, Fair, Warm

I really struggle with my feelings on the LORAC Pro Palette. I really, really want to love it. It's got a wonderful array of neutral shades with a few pops of color thrown in for good measure. Taupe is the best for my crease. There's so many things I, in theory, should love about this palette.

But the truth is, I don't really love it. I like it so-so, but it's not a love. I can't say that I would never repurchase it because I'm technically on my second one, but it's a regret buy. I exchanged my first one on Reddit's /r/makeupexchange and I'll likely be doing it again with this one as well.

Here's the main problem: the colors just come out muddy within a few hours of wearing them. I've experimented with primers (LORAC, Too Faced, UD, NARS, etc.), MAC Paint Pots, etc. and the result is the same. I've mixed up how I blend: very little amounts, excessive amounts, the result comes out to be the same. Within hours, the color is one, large, taupe-y blah mess on me.

The colors are lovely and have decent pigmentation, but if they can't stay the colors I'm looking for, I don't necessarily know that it's worth me buying and using still. Even the darkest shades become dull and gray-colored after a few hours of wear.

It's a good work horse palette, though. The shades are great neutrals and it's solid for those with conservative work environments, but still able to play nice if you're looking for a night on the town or some fun with your looks.

Pros:

- Nice mix of mattes and satins
- Taupe is the most wonderful crease shade (for those on the lighter end of the skintone spectrum)
- Decent pigmentation
- Great for any kind of work environment

Cons:

- After few hours of wear, colors become muddied even with different primers/Paint Pots/bases, etc.

My most reached for and super versatile palette ever! I love that it has the best of both worlds...mattes and shimmers! You can definitely create many different beautiful looks with this baby!

on 12/31/2014 6:48:00 PM

I love the Lorac Pro, its my HG eyeshadow palette. I think it has a great range of neutral colors and I love that it's half matte half shimmer. In particular, cream is the best all-over base color I've found and both Taupe and Mauve are great crease/transition colors for me while pewter is the perfect shade for my outer V and lower lash line. In addition, I like that none of the shades seem truly out of my league, sable isn't too warm, I love the gold shade, and deep purple makes an excellent liner. My only complaint is that there is some fall out with the shimmer shades, since they are so soft. Tapping off excess over the pan certainly helps though. Bottom line: Lorac Pro eyeshadow formula is my HG and this, of the pro palettes, offers the best shade selection for me. I'm really worried about hitting pan on cream, but when I do rest assured I'll pick up a new palette.

on 12/8/2014 11:09:00 PM

Skin: Dry, Dark, Neutral

Hair: Black, Other, Coarse

I'm always looking for a neutral eyeshadow palette. I'm an eyeshadow palette hoarder, it's unhealthy. I'm obsessed with this palette, I use it every single day, everytime I do my makeup. I neglect my other palettes because I'm always using this one. The palette itself is a dust magnet. Everything sticks to it, the lettering is fading and chipping. I've had My palette for almost a year and it looks pretty beat up. Which is okay, because that just mean it's been loved. there's also a nice sized mirror that you can easily use to apply your makeup, if needed. This palette gives you a variety of finishes and shades. The top row is matte and the bottom is shimmer and satin finish. From left to right, the palette goes from light to dark. With the wide variety of shades/finish, you can create an eye look for any time of the day. There's a good amount of product in each pan. Every eyeshadow is super pigmented and creamy. These eyeshadows show up well and are long lasting with or without an eyeshadow primer. I haven't noticed any fallout or anything. My biggest fear when buying palettes is not knowing if I'm going to use the majority of the eyeshadows. I don't have that problem with this palette. I've used/like every eyeshadow in this palette, every shade is wearable, Imo. A lot of people compare this to Urban Decay's Naked. I don't think they're the same in any way- there's two different palettes, two different concepts. I like the Naked palette and everything, but I prefer the pro palette. Maybe because this palette provides more matte shades, I don't know. I recently started project 10 pan. Project 10 Pan is when you choose 10 products that you want to hit pan on or finish, for whatever reason. It can be makeup, skincare, haircare, whatever you want. I've hit pan on sable, espresso and pewter, and I put a dent in sable and mauve. Lt Bronze, Slate, and Garnet are my new-found favorites. Nude, champagne, and white are my favorite inner corner highlights. I can see myself finishing this palette by the fall.

This is the perfect palette! If you are the kind of person who just wants one 'does it all' eyeshadow palette, this is the one for you!!!! It has every colour you could need and what I especially love is that there is an equal balance between mattes and shimmers! The quality is amazing and the packaging is sleek. The price I think is very reasonable considering the quality of the product, it's my holy grail I love it!!!!

on 11/23/2014 4:56:00 AM

Skin: Dry, Medium, Neutral

Hair: Other, Straight, Medium

Lots of great things about this palette but a few personal criticisms. There was so much kick up at first I was afraid I received a fake, but it's just that the pigments aren't as tightly pressed as other brands like UD. My brushes pick up more than I need so just tap it off before applying. The first few looks were muddy and awful until I realised softly is the way. Pick up, tap, pat on lids, blend out. Repeat until look achieved. I'm not hugely in to neutrals but everyone should have them. This palette is appealing to me as it offers a great range of colours that work well together. It's just missing some edgier shades for it to be my daily go to. I'm not finding that I can create a huge diversity of looks with just this one. The shades in pro 2 or mega pro look like they can create more. That said though the most amazing, and I mean game-changing AMAZING thing about the pro is the blendability. I have hundreds of shadows from so many brands and nothing blends as well as these. A soft fluffy blending brush does it quickly and cleanly, and my first few failed looks were probably so muddy because I am used to having to work much harder for that result. For 42 bucks from Amazon, this is a steal considering the quality of the shadows and how long they will last given you don't need much product. I'm not usually a matte fan but I use them more now with the pro. Unfortunately lt pink and mauve which are my favourite mattes seem a bit chalkier than the others. Likewise lt bronze and pewter seem less pigmented than the other shimmer shades. Interestingly these 4 shadows are the middle square of the palette and I wonder if that is just coincidence or a fault in mine. The champagne shimmer is going much quicker than the others, closely followed by slate. I use one of these in most looks created with the pro or with other palettes too. But really all the shades are quite versatile and even if you are like me and don't often do neutral, browny looks they are super handy to have on hand. Longevity is pretty excellent on its own bit colours and wear time are improved with the use of lorac behind the scenes primer, which is a star product in its own right. If you are considering purchasing this, do give the lorac palettes consideration as the quality and usability is in a class of its own, but might take a bit of practise or experimenting if you are not use to such pigmented, smooth shadows. Pro 1 seems geared at warm tones and 2 more cool, but unlike the UD nakeds I think the shades are more interchangeable. I'm a warm leaning neutral and think I prefer 2, so do some research and try them out. You won't regret it.

on 8/21/2014 7:08:00 PM

Skin: Dry, Dark, Warm

Hair: Brown, Other, Fine

I got a great deal on this ($20.00 off, a small tube of primer and free shipping) that I couldn't pass up. The other reviews have already said it all regarding the pigmentation etc. and I already had the Pocket Pro and the Skinny so I pretty much knew what to expect in that area. What I didn't expect is just how much I like this palette compared to the UD Naked 1 palette which I love. I actually may like this one a tad better simply because of the mattes which, with the exception of the pink one, don't come off chalky or muddy when blended out on me (NW45) Lots of people have said if you have Naked 1 you really don't 'need' the Pro, however I think it's a nice complement to the N1. If I ever lost this I would purchase it again IF I could get the same deal.

on 7/21/2014 10:06:00 PM

Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Cool

I love my Lorac pro palette. The shadows are buttery smooth and highly pigmented. They blend easily and last all day.
All the colors in this palette are fantastic but the nude is a bit chalky compared to the rest.
I love the variety of looks possible. My usual day look is cream all over the lid, taupe in the crease and mauve to blend.
This summer I've really been loving the gold and garnet to bring out my blue eyes. Pewter is another one of my top shades in the palette.