La Mer The Moisturizing Soft Cream

La Mer The Moisturizing Soft Cream
The Moisturizing Soft Cream

3.5

Algae (Seaweed) Extract, Cyclopentasiloxane, Petrolatum, Glyceryl Distearate, Phenyl Trimethicone, Butylene Glycol, Hydrogenated Vegetable Oil, Cholesterol, Shea butter, Steareth-10, Dimethicone, Glyceryl Stearate SE, Polysilicone-11, Sesame Seed Oil, Alfalfa Seed Powder, Sunflower Seedcake, Sweet Almond Seed Meal, Eucalyptus Leaf Oil, Sodium Gluconate, Copper Gluconate, Calcium Gluconate, Magnesium Gluconate, Zinc Gluconate, Tocopheryl Succinate, Niacin, Sesame Seed Powder, Water/Aqua/Eau, Lime Peel Extract, Laminaria Digitata Extract, Crithmum Maritimum Extract, Salicornia Herbacea Extract, Plankton Extract, Chlorella Vulgaris Extract, Soybean Seed Extract, Glycerin, Caffeine, Sea Salt/Maris Sal/Sel Marin, Micrococcus Lysate, Diethylhexyl Succinate, Adenosine Phosphate, Creatine, Hydrolyzed Algin, Isocetyl Stearoyl Stearate, Cetyl Alcohol, Sucrose, Acetyl Hexapeptide-8, Glucose Oxidase, Polyacrylamide, Acetyl Carnitine HCL, Glucose, Caprylic/Capric Triglyceride, C13-14 Isoparaffin, Tocopheryl Acetate, Tetrahexyldecyl Ascorbate, Sodium PCA, Glycosaminoglycans, Urea, Distearyldimonium Chloride, Dipalmitoyl Hydroxyproline, Sodium Hyaluronate, Laureth-7, Lecithin, Trehalose, Polyquaternium-51, Lactoperoxidase, Hydroxyplopyl Cyclodextrin, Cyanocobalamin, Pentylene Glycol, Fragrance (Parfum), Disodium EDTA, BHT, Citronellol, Hydroxycitronellal, Geraniol, Linalool, Limonene, Potassium Sorbate, Phenoxyethanol

It started a week ago. I went into a dept. store and decided that, at 42, I was ready to check out the LaMer counter. I tried the traditional creme, the soft cream and the translucent loose powder. I heard the SA�s instructions on how to apply the cream and left to ponder and wait for possible fabulous results... I came back in30min to purchase the loose powder (simply outstanding) and a few days later bought the soft cream online. It arrived today, I applied it a few hours ago and my skin really looks amazing! My few lines are there, my few spots, etc..I am still myself.But my skin looks amazing, plump, glowy and kind of healthier. Update: after reading tons of reviews and comparisons with German Nivea Creme, I went out and bought a tin of nivea.. have just applied it, after warming it up in my hands and patting it in. Nivea feels great and makes me look just as nice. I remember back in the 80s my aunt used to only use German Nivea.. I will keep using both, maybe one on each side of my face to see long term effects.
Update:March 2013: I have noticed that although my skin feels amazing and looks better with LaMer, my brown spots seem more prominent.. either the cream is dakening them or lightening the skin aound them.. I have 04 spots that I hate.. and even my partner says they look darker sometimes (the morning after I use La Mer..)
Further update: Aug 2013 - I finished the soft cream and got a jar of the traditional CDLM , but the truth is that German Nivea gives me the same plumped, cushioned skin the next day. I find myself reaching for the nivea more and more. No 3 lippies for CDLM, after all for that price tag it has to deliver.

on 1/30/2013 1:39:00 AM

This cream was ok, I like it better than the original because it spreads better. I purchased the gel cleanser from La Mer and dried out my face really bad and that's when I realized this cream doesn't moisturize very well. I still had some very dry patches around my mouth and chin. I also broke out from that cleanser and my face really looked like a mess and this cream did not help at all. Was ok for warmer months but not for winter or really dried out skin.

on 9/27/2012 5:59:00 PM

Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Coarse

As a die-hard Creme de La Mer user, I was very excited by their newly-touted "lighter" version of their regular cream. My thinking was that it would be perfect for the hotter, summer months. However, I was really underwhelmed. It doesn't appear to moisturize very much. I feel like I need to reapply in a few hours. Even that wonderful La Mer smell is absent. I think I'll just stick to the original.

on 11/6/2017 5:53:00 PM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

Received as a gift, I witnessed no "transformation, rejuvenation, or renewal" of my skin. NONE! It did seem to moisturize effectively, but expected more considering the price and reputation. The consistency was similar to ancient cold-creams, but more spreadable. Though the jar came with a little scoop, I don't love open-lid jars due to their proclivity to contamination. Regardless, it would all be forgivable had I noticed the slightest difference in my skin.

on 5/3/2017 12:01:00 PM

Skin: Very Dry, Fair, Neutral

Hair: Brown, Curly, Other

Overly fragranced and not that moisturizing. It reminds me quite a bit of Ponds, but didn't leave my skin as soft. I also don't like the jar packaging since that must certainly impact the efficacy of the ingredients. Considering the price and reputation, this is a total dud for me.

on 2/9/2014 4:10:00 PM

I purchased the soft cream about two months ago. I have combination skin that is also very sensitive, so I was VERY hesitant to try something new. For the first 2-3 weeks I thought it was amazing. I had a small acne scar on my face and after the first application it had noticeably diminished. However, now 2 months in, I am having MAJOR breakouts!! Prior to using this product, it was very rare for me to have any acne... At most I might have had 1 or 2 tiny pimples once a month. Now I am getting huge cystic acne that refuses to go away and is leaving scars. Once one zit goes away, three more pop up. I am thinking about switching to the moisturizing gel to see if that helps. I will definitely be discontinuing the use of the soft cream!!! VERY DISAPPOINTED!!!

on 1/11/2013 3:18:00 PM

Skin: Combination, Dark, Not Sure

For the past two years or so, I had been experiencing dry, peeling skin. I tried several brands--Clarins, Decleor, Perricone, and Sanitas skincare lines. However, they all left my skin feeling dry. I even used Amal oil and moisturizing face masks to resolve the issue, but my skin would still be very dry after cleansing. As a last resort, I found an old jar of the original La Mer cream and put a bit of that on my skin. The peeling and dry flakes went away immediately. The next morning, my skin looked hydrated and someone told me that my skin looked good. A few days later, I visited a La Mer counter and was advised to get the soft cream instead of the original since the texture is lighter. The soft cream has done wonders for my skin. My skin is much more hydrated; no more flakes! A little dab (a little more than pea size) is all I need for face and neck and it seems to be just as moisturizing as the original cream. It spreads much easier than the original and sinks right into my skin. By the way, I also use the La Mer cleansing foam and radiant serum under the moisturizer. The products are working; that is the good news. The bad news is the price. I am cutting back on some things to afford it because after trying so many other skincare lines, I believe this product is worth it.

Edited: I decided to update my original review. I had to stop using this product along with other products from the la mer line. It did get rid of the flakes but seemed to cause other problems in the long run. I ended up having to go to an esthetician to rebalance my skin.

on 4/3/2019 11:34:00 AM

Skin: Other, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

La Mer's Soft Cream is not for my skin type, which isn't dry. When tested on hands, the product spread easily and did not feel thick. On my face, it's another story: I felt suffocated by a filmy layer, and I got whiteheads the same day I used it. I expected a heavy product with La Mer, but I didn't expect to feel comfortable. Because of that film, and the fact that this isn't all that moisturizing, it's probably best who need a certain kind of occlusive or whose face is sucked dry by actives.

on 1/24/2018 10:25:00 PM

Chanel Sublimage Texture Fine is much better at this price range! This is just boring, moisturiser yes but not much more. At this price you expect complete change, that isn’t the case at all... soooo boring!

on 11/17/2017 8:23:00 PM

I tried the original first, and felt it to be too heavy. So disappointing. It does not make my skin smooth, broke me out, I'm 54, expensive, and I hate the smell. This line must have cult followers because I have no idea who would buy it.😬