La Mer The Moisturizing Soft Cream

La Mer The Moisturizing Soft Cream
The Moisturizing Soft Cream

3.5

Algae (Seaweed) Extract, Cyclopentasiloxane, Petrolatum, Glyceryl Distearate, Phenyl Trimethicone, Butylene Glycol, Hydrogenated Vegetable Oil, Cholesterol, Shea butter, Steareth-10, Dimethicone, Glyceryl Stearate SE, Polysilicone-11, Sesame Seed Oil, Alfalfa Seed Powder, Sunflower Seedcake, Sweet Almond Seed Meal, Eucalyptus Leaf Oil, Sodium Gluconate, Copper Gluconate, Calcium Gluconate, Magnesium Gluconate, Zinc Gluconate, Tocopheryl Succinate, Niacin, Sesame Seed Powder, Water/Aqua/Eau, Lime Peel Extract, Laminaria Digitata Extract, Crithmum Maritimum Extract, Salicornia Herbacea Extract, Plankton Extract, Chlorella Vulgaris Extract, Soybean Seed Extract, Glycerin, Caffeine, Sea Salt/Maris Sal/Sel Marin, Micrococcus Lysate, Diethylhexyl Succinate, Adenosine Phosphate, Creatine, Hydrolyzed Algin, Isocetyl Stearoyl Stearate, Cetyl Alcohol, Sucrose, Acetyl Hexapeptide-8, Glucose Oxidase, Polyacrylamide, Acetyl Carnitine HCL, Glucose, Caprylic/Capric Triglyceride, C13-14 Isoparaffin, Tocopheryl Acetate, Tetrahexyldecyl Ascorbate, Sodium PCA, Glycosaminoglycans, Urea, Distearyldimonium Chloride, Dipalmitoyl Hydroxyproline, Sodium Hyaluronate, Laureth-7, Lecithin, Trehalose, Polyquaternium-51, Lactoperoxidase, Hydroxyplopyl Cyclodextrin, Cyanocobalamin, Pentylene Glycol, Fragrance (Parfum), Disodium EDTA, BHT, Citronellol, Hydroxycitronellal, Geraniol, Linalool, Limonene, Potassium Sorbate, Phenoxyethanol

on 4/12/2019 7:38:00 PM

Skin: Normal, Tan, Not Sure

I don’t find this to be hydrating at all; it sits as a greasy layer on top of my skin. I think the fragrance irritates my skin because after I apply it, I get red bumps on my cheeks. It’s much too expensive for what it does

Skin: Dry, Medium, Not Sure

I have mixed reviews about this product, especially as it is so pricey. Like many people I wanted to experience the hype surrounding it and so I bought it for my birthday as a treat to myself. I was assured that the creme in question would brighten up my face, get rid of any unwanted pigmentation, acne scars and even spots. So stupidly, I expected this product to be a miracle worker by rectifying years of battling acne and the scars left behind. After cleansing my face, I would apply this cream only at night as i felt it was a bit heavy and oily to apply before my make up in the morning. Though my skin was a lot smoother than before, my face did not look brighter nor did it really get rid of the pigmentation. I may have given it a better review if it was far cheaper, but for its price tag I don't recommend it. lemon and peppermint essential oil and a home made exfoliator does far more than this product. Save your coins!!!

on 11/14/2017 7:43:00 AM

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Cool

Hair: Brunette, Curly, Coarse

I’ve received a few samples of this cream and I like it, but I still prefer the La Mer Gel-Cream. The Soft Cream is nice when my skin is drier; I apply a glycolic peel (Peter Thomas Roth Un-wrinkle Peel Pad) as directed, then top my serums with this cream. My skin really seems to drink this in and the dryness and roughness goes away overnight. I really think it’s the peel doing most of the work, but it’s still worth mentioning the cream. If for any reason my skin is irritated this helps calm that. The downsides: it has a dewy finish that I don’t care for and makes my skin a little greasy. I don’t have the velvety smooth feel like the Gel-Cream gives me. For those reasons alone I won’t buy a full size of the Soft Cream, but I still faithfully use the Gel-Cream, nothing compares to it. I’ll just ration my samples of the Soft Cream for when my skin is extra dry.

on 9/27/2015 12:10:00 AM

Hair: Blond, Straight, Medium

My sister generously got me this cream for my birthday (I was as surprised as anyone - wow!). It smells as divine as you would expect a La Mer product to smell, light and fresh.

I use the applicator to put a pistachio-sized dollop on my fingertips, warm the cream up a bit, and then apply it to the face. It goes on smoothly and leaves behind a dewy finish that leaves my skin feeling nourished. In the summer, right after applying my skin felt a little greasy, but only slightly so. Now that we are in the cooler months it does not feel greasy at all, and I am curious to see how the cream will withhold the Canadian winter.

So far it seems that not a lot is required to cover the whole face, thus I think that it lasts for quite a while (I have the smallest jar size). However, I am not sure that I will repurchase after I finish it. The price is just waaaay too steep. But if you have fairly normal to slightly-dry skin, and can afford to treat yo self, I would recommend.

on 7/12/2015 4:45:00 PM

Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Neutral

Hair: Brown, Wavy, Coarse

My skin in normal to dry with no skin issues, no acne, etc.
I don't care for this when compared to the original CDLM. I got a sample of this with my full size CDLM.
The soft creme is easier to spread. But to me it's greasier and takes longer to absorb. As far as moisturizing, I think both perform the same. But I prefer the original because the afterfeel is less greasy and it sinks in better. I don't think the soft creme is geared towards oily or clog prone skin.
As for all La Mer products, the price is ridiculous. And you can't get the 15ml version, only the larger sizes. Not a fan of cream moisturizers, so I'm pretty picky and will absolutely stop using something if it doesn't completely fit.

on 3/17/2015 3:05:00 PM

Ok, I'm 50+ and have tried every creme and I wanted to try this very expensive creme La Mer. Totally disappointed, just like every other creme in CVS. In fact L'Oreal Paris Revita-Lift Anti-Wrinkle + Firming Night Cream is much better and for the fraction of the cost $13.97 opposed to 0.5 oz $85.00. Don't waste your money, please please don't do it!

on 3/4/2015 11:36:00 AM

This has a much more workable consistency than the original cream, which I have also used. Sadly, it did not live up to the hype for me. I used an entire container virtually every day and I was less than impressed. It certainly moisturises the skin but so do many other far less expensive creams. On the plus side, it works really well around the eyes and smells great. But I did not find that it improved firmness nor did it reduce pores. Perhaps La Mer is more effective on mature skin? Either way, I do not plan on buying it again.

on 7/8/2013 5:35:00 AM

I really wanted to like this cream! I wanted to buy into the cult of La Mer. I liked this cream but wasn't entirely amazed. It is meant to be the softer version of the cult classic, but I found this cream to be very rich and thick, which left me so confused - if THIS is the lighter version, how can people be using the classic? Aside from this, I found it to be very hydrating and made my skin feel very supple, but for NZ$300 for a 30ml jar? No thank you. You can find a product with similar moisturising benefits for a fraction of the price. Nice cream but not for that price.

on 5/20/2013 2:09:00 PM

This past winter really taught me a lot about skincare. I've always been one of those people who had great skin without much effort. I've been very lucky but I guess my luck had run out. I didn't know that you were supposed to change your skincare routine with the seasons - I was using the exact same moisturizer, cleanser and night cream all throughout the year! This was never a problem until last year. Now that I'm in my 30s, my skin can no longer keep up with the seasons without help. My skin got so dry this winter - it started flaking. This has never happened to me before even on days that I didn't wear moisturizer. I always thought of La Mer as this miracle cream that would solve all of your skincare problems. So I ran to the nearest Holt Renfrew to me and went to the La Mer counter. I told the SA all of my issues and she looked at my face through that cosmetic magnifying glass thing and she said that I didn't need the regular La Mer but the Moisturizing Soft Cream. So I purchased it and immediately started using it. It worked well at first - you only need a little of it. I love the packaging - its gorgeous. The smell is amazing and I love the little spatula it came with. At first I was only using it as a night cream since it didn't have any spf. The dryness went away but then came back. So I started using it morning and night and used a Clinique sunscreen on top. It works well when used twice a day. However, using it twice a day means you run out of product faster (duh). Now I know that I should've researched more about other products instead of going straight to La Mer but in a way, I'm glad that I did because now I know that La Mer is just like any other brand. I guess if it works for you and you have the money to shell out for it, then great. But for me, it doesn't quite cut it. There's nothing wrong with it - its just less than what I was expecting. And I do feel that if I use the regular La Mer, it would be too rich for me. So overall, I will not be repurchasing.

on 4/5/2013 4:21:00 PM

Skin: Dry, Fair, Cool

I am a loyal user of the original CDLM and it's been great for my dry skin. Although my t-zone is normal the original worked fine on all areas of my face, in summer I use the moisturizing lotion. I also don't mind warming up the product on my finger tips and patting it on. This newer formulation Soft Cream feels nice on my skin right after application, and it requires no warming up. I used several samples of this over the course of 6 weeks and I found that have to use quite a bit more product compared to the original formulation, otherwise it is not rich enough and throughout the day my skin does not feel properly hydrated and in cooler weather I even needed to reapply. Given its creamy consistency, the Soft Cream should be packaged in a tube in my opinion, which would be a lot more hygienic and would also protect the expensive contents better against oxidation. Overall I will not purchase the Soft Cream, but continue with the tried and true Creme which works best for me.