La Mer The Moisturizing Soft Cream

La Mer The Moisturizing Soft Cream
The Moisturizing Soft Cream

3.5

Algae (Seaweed) Extract, Cyclopentasiloxane, Petrolatum, Glyceryl Distearate, Phenyl Trimethicone, Butylene Glycol, Hydrogenated Vegetable Oil, Cholesterol, Shea butter, Steareth-10, Dimethicone, Glyceryl Stearate SE, Polysilicone-11, Sesame Seed Oil, Alfalfa Seed Powder, Sunflower Seedcake, Sweet Almond Seed Meal, Eucalyptus Leaf Oil, Sodium Gluconate, Copper Gluconate, Calcium Gluconate, Magnesium Gluconate, Zinc Gluconate, Tocopheryl Succinate, Niacin, Sesame Seed Powder, Water/Aqua/Eau, Lime Peel Extract, Laminaria Digitata Extract, Crithmum Maritimum Extract, Salicornia Herbacea Extract, Plankton Extract, Chlorella Vulgaris Extract, Soybean Seed Extract, Glycerin, Caffeine, Sea Salt/Maris Sal/Sel Marin, Micrococcus Lysate, Diethylhexyl Succinate, Adenosine Phosphate, Creatine, Hydrolyzed Algin, Isocetyl Stearoyl Stearate, Cetyl Alcohol, Sucrose, Acetyl Hexapeptide-8, Glucose Oxidase, Polyacrylamide, Acetyl Carnitine HCL, Glucose, Caprylic/Capric Triglyceride, C13-14 Isoparaffin, Tocopheryl Acetate, Tetrahexyldecyl Ascorbate, Sodium PCA, Glycosaminoglycans, Urea, Distearyldimonium Chloride, Dipalmitoyl Hydroxyproline, Sodium Hyaluronate, Laureth-7, Lecithin, Trehalose, Polyquaternium-51, Lactoperoxidase, Hydroxyplopyl Cyclodextrin, Cyanocobalamin, Pentylene Glycol, Fragrance (Parfum), Disodium EDTA, BHT, Citronellol, Hydroxycitronellal, Geraniol, Linalool, Limonene, Potassium Sorbate, Phenoxyethanol

Well, this is a brand new product just launched this month, and so far I love it! I have used the original La Mer cream before, and that was just too rich and thick for my oily skin, no matter how little I used. But this Soft Cream is divine! It has the consistency of a light whipped cream, very silky, lightweight and airy, but still very moisturizing. It is formulated with brand new technology that layers and encapsulates the patented La Mer "Miracle Broth" within tiny microspheres that penetrate skin and then break open releasing the moisture deep within skin, instead of just sitting on top.
To apply, I take just a bit on my fingertips and rub them together, then press into my skin around my eyes and on my cheeks where my skin is "normal" in the warm months and drier in the winter (I use the La Mer Oil Absorbing Lotion on my oily t-zone), and within minutes the Soft Cream is absorbed leaving behind a smooth, soft, natural finish.
Also, my skin has improved so much since using La Mer skincare. I am very, very happy and satisfied with this product! It's perfect! Good job on this one, La Mer!

on 7/29/2018 12:39:00 AM

Skin: Acne-prone, Tan, Warm

I bought this actually hoping it would NOT work. I wanted this to suck because of the price tag, but I always wake up with youthful glowing skin. I don't think I'll keep repurchasing though because of the steep price tag. I just can't justify it.

I wouldn't purchase this because I don't think it's worth the price point. However, this is a lovely cream that feels nice on the skin and didn't break me out.

on 11/19/2015 10:23:00 PM

Skin: Normal, Medium, Not Sure

Hair: Black, Straight, Other

I used to use the regular creme de la mer formula till this came out. I like it better because it's lighter but still has the same moisturizing qualities. Soooo pricey but it really makes my skin soft and radiant.

on 3/22/2014 3:20:00 AM

Skin: Acne-prone, Medium, Not Sure

Purchased this product christmas 2013. Overall very satisfied. I have quite young skin, I was suffering from a rash that left my skin dry, red and irritated. I needed something to apply to my skin to give it lots of hydration and moisture without being too heavy. I found the soft cream perfect for my slightly acne prone skin.

Yes it is a little pricy, yet I feel this really gives my skin the best skin tone possible without any breakouts. It hydrates very well and leaves my skin looking plump and soft.

Skin: Very Oily, Tan, Warm

Hair: Black, Straight, Other

I love this stuff! Works great as a night time moisturiser for oily skin! Ive been using this in the day for winter but for summer this will go back as my night cream. This is a lighter version of the original which i also love but still hydrates enough. Calms my redness and i can see a visible effect on my skin! I have oily skin and don't find this heavy when used at night! Will continue to repurchase!!

on 9/21/2013 5:12:00 AM

Skin: Acne-prone, Other, Not Sure

I have been using this cream for a week now, day and night. I absolutely lev it.

My skin is glowing, more hydrated, pores look smaller and skin is super plump and soft.

I have used all the top end brands, La prairie, Estée Lauder, bionova, lancome, revive and many more including creams with peptides growth factors etc etc... this works better than all of them and has no side affects.....

this along with By terry products are the only products I find make a real difference...

Skin: Very Oily, Other, Not Sure

I held out for 15 (FIFTEEN) years before finally relenting and giving this line a try, against my accountant's advice. To my semi-chagrin, my skin has never looked better. I have combo skin that tends to lean oily, and SOMEHOW, I can put this on under my Remede Mattifying lotion in the morning, and everything just stays where it's supposed to -- I am NOT accustomed to this, as typically any moisturizing product does little but assist my makeup to settle down somewhere around my ankles by 3:00pm... Then I put more of this stuff on at bedtime, and I wake up looking like l was still an undergrad.
Thanks, La Mer. I have brand-new skin after a month with you. Also, poverty is a given for me once I purchase the rest of the line. I am so conflicted, but at least I'll look 10 years younger in the process... :(

on 11/9/2012 3:52:00 PM

I have a couple of generous samples of this and I'm pretty happy with it. I love the application of it - no warming first, just put it on your face :) Unlike the heavy duty original, you can wear makeup over this. My real test of it though is putting it on at night and waking up to see how well it performed on my little lines on either side of my mouth. The original takes them away (okay, maybe virtually) but so did this cream too (as well as the lotion and gel also.) I'm 59 yrs old and believe me I would NOT shell out this kind of money for mediocre results. I would buy this when my samples run out. I think its effective; the only thing I'm not sure of is do I like it better than the moisturizing lotion for the daytime. For night - especially through the winter, I'll stick to the original.

I have a sample of this and will write a real review (and add/subtract lippies as necessary) when I've used it longer. In the meantime, I contacted the company for the full ingredients list, which I was not able to find online, and here it is:

INGREDIENTS: ALGAE (SEAWEED) EXTRACT [] CYCLOPENTASILOXANE [] PETROLATUM [] GLYCERYL DISTEARATE [] PHENYL TRIMETHICONE [] BUTYLENE GLYCOL [] HYDROGENATED VEGETABLE OIL [] CHOLESTEROL [] BUTYROSPERMUM PARKII (SHEA BUTTER) [] STEARETH-10 [] DIMETHICONE [] GLYCERYL STEARATE SE [] POLYSILICONE-11 [] SESAMUM INDICUM (SESAME) SEED OIL [] MEDICAGO SATIVA (ALFALFA) SEED POWDER [] HELIANTHUS ANNUUS (SUNFLOWER) SEEDCAKE [] PRUNUS AMYGDALUS DULCIS (SWEET ALMOND) SEED MEAL [] EUCALYPTUS GLOBULUS (EUCALYPTUS) LEAF OIL [] SODIUM GLUCONATE [] COPPER GLUCONATE [] CALCIUM GLUCONATE [] MAGNESIUM GLUCONATE [] ZINC GLUCONATE [] TOCOPHERYL SUCCINATE [] NIACIN [] SESAMUM INDICUM (SESAME) SEED POWDER [] WATER\AQUA\EAU [] CITRUS AURANTIFOLIA (LIME) PEEL EXTRACT [] LAMINARIA DIGITATA EXTRACT [] CRITHMUM MARITIMUM EXTRACT [] SALICORNIA HERBACEA EXTRACT [] PLANKTON EXTRACT [] CHLORELLA VULGARIS EXTRACT [] GLYCINE SOJA (SOYBEAN) SEED EXTRACT [] GLYCERIN [] CAFFEINE [] SEA SALT\MARIS SAL\SEL MARIN [] MICROCOCCUS LYSATE [] DIETHYLHEXYL SUCCINATE [] ADENOSINE PHOSPHATE [] CREATINE [] HYDROLYZED ALGIN [] ISOCETYL STEAROYL STEARATE [] CETYL ALCOHOL [] SUCROSE [] ACETYL HEXAPEPTIDE-8 [] GLUCOSE OXIDASE [] POLYACRYLAMIDE [] ACETYL CARNITINE HCL [] GLUCOSE [] CAPRYLIC/CAPRIC TRIGLYCERIDE [] C13-14 ISOPARAFFIN [] TOCOPHERYL ACETATE [] TETRAHEXYLDECYL ASCORBATE [] SODIUM PCA [] GLYCOSAMINOGLYCANS [] UREA [] DISTEARYLDIMONIUM CHLORIDE [] DIPALMITOYL HYDROXYPROLINE [] SODIUM HYALURONATE [] LAURETH-7 [] LECITHIN [] TREHALOSE [] POLYQUATERNIUM-51 [] LACTOPEROXIDASE [] HYDROXYPROPYL CYCLODEXTRIN [] CYANOCOBALAMIN [] PENTYLENE GLYCOL [] FRAGRANCE (PARFUM) [] DISODIUM EDTA [] BHT [] CITRONELLOL [] HYDROXYCITRONELLAL [] GERANIOL [] LINALOOL [] LIMONENE [] POTASSIUM SORBATE [] PHENOXYETHANOL continued >>