La Mer The Moisturizing Soft Cream

La Mer The Moisturizing Soft Cream
The Moisturizing Soft Cream

3.5

Algae (Seaweed) Extract, Cyclopentasiloxane, Petrolatum, Glyceryl Distearate, Phenyl Trimethicone, Butylene Glycol, Hydrogenated Vegetable Oil, Cholesterol, Shea butter, Steareth-10, Dimethicone, Glyceryl Stearate SE, Polysilicone-11, Sesame Seed Oil, Alfalfa Seed Powder, Sunflower Seedcake, Sweet Almond Seed Meal, Eucalyptus Leaf Oil, Sodium Gluconate, Copper Gluconate, Calcium Gluconate, Magnesium Gluconate, Zinc Gluconate, Tocopheryl Succinate, Niacin, Sesame Seed Powder, Water/Aqua/Eau, Lime Peel Extract, Laminaria Digitata Extract, Crithmum Maritimum Extract, Salicornia Herbacea Extract, Plankton Extract, Chlorella Vulgaris Extract, Soybean Seed Extract, Glycerin, Caffeine, Sea Salt/Maris Sal/Sel Marin, Micrococcus Lysate, Diethylhexyl Succinate, Adenosine Phosphate, Creatine, Hydrolyzed Algin, Isocetyl Stearoyl Stearate, Cetyl Alcohol, Sucrose, Acetyl Hexapeptide-8, Glucose Oxidase, Polyacrylamide, Acetyl Carnitine HCL, Glucose, Caprylic/Capric Triglyceride, C13-14 Isoparaffin, Tocopheryl Acetate, Tetrahexyldecyl Ascorbate, Sodium PCA, Glycosaminoglycans, Urea, Distearyldimonium Chloride, Dipalmitoyl Hydroxyproline, Sodium Hyaluronate, Laureth-7, Lecithin, Trehalose, Polyquaternium-51, Lactoperoxidase, Hydroxyplopyl Cyclodextrin, Cyanocobalamin, Pentylene Glycol, Fragrance (Parfum), Disodium EDTA, BHT, Citronellol, Hydroxycitronellal, Geraniol, Linalool, Limonene, Potassium Sorbate, Phenoxyethanol

on 4/18/2014 11:22:00 PM

I used to use the moisturizing lotion before La Mer launched their soft cream. I use this during the day and I love how it's in a jar and not a pump dispenser. I get to see how much product I have left and will last longer.

Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

I am incredibly oily and use various products to deal with large pores and acne. Unfortunately, I feel like I need a heavier moisturizer at night to combat the lines and wrinkles that come with age, not to mention the surface flakiness I get from from using Retin-A...I received a sample of this soft cream and started using it at night after applying topical acne meds or serums. I was pleasantly surprised to find that my skin would be soft in the morning, my pores felt tightened and less clogged than normal. I have tried various night creams made by: Avon, Oil of Olay, Fresh, Korres, NUDE, Amore Pacific, Algenist, Clarins, Dior, First Aid Beauty, Sunday Riley, Peter Thomas Roth, Boscia, Bare Minerals, Caudalie, Murad, Ole Heinricksen and Philosophy--They all either clogged my pores or caused blemishes. This La Mer product has been the best for me...So far, the only drawback is the price. But, the ladies at the LM counter at Nordstrom are very generous with samples and a little goes a long way. This is too heavy to be my day-time moisturizer, but it is perfect for bed time.

on 10/4/2013 5:04:00 PM

Man, oh man... I tried for so long to avoid this stuff because of the price, and I was afraid I would like it...but finally gave in and decided to give it a try. I LOVE this stuff. I didn't want to develop a $160.00 a month habit, but this stuff really helped me a lot with my dry patches and some dark spots. It really helps refresh my skin. You only need a small amount of it so you don't run out too quickly. I tried the thicker cream, but didn't like consistency and didn't feel like it went on smoothly. This stuff really is worth it if you have the money to splurge.

on 5/5/2013 5:51:00 AM

Hair: Blond, Straight, Medium

This is one of the best moisturizers I have ever come across with. I have been using Skin caviar by La Prarie for a long time and lately switched to La Mer soft cream. the product is expensive but a little goes a long way. Im still on my first jar after 5 months. My skin is looking so good: moisturized, luminous, and wrinkle free. I can't imagine any kind of substitute to this incredible cream. it takes some time to see its benefits (a couple of months) but ones you start noticing them you will be glad u stuck to the jar for so long.

on 1/2/2013 12:43:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Neutral

I love the gel cream, the original cream not as much, due to the texture, but this is awesome. Beautiful silky texture, lovely La Mer scent, and moisturizes perfectly. Not greasy, just sinks in and gives the perfect canvas for makeup. I have extremely sensitive skin, and I have no problem with this, in fact it is quite soothing. This and Mir moisturizer are my absolute favorites, and of course both incredibly expensive, but so worth it, imho. =)

I received a sample with a recent purchase. I kind of refused to try La Mer because of the high price tag and the whole "hype" around it. Or in other words the whole story around. The price tag was more of a turn off and the policy of the counters (where I have been to so far) not to give out one single sample.
I tried it in real colder temps recently during day time. At that time it was not enough. I then combined it with Arganoil and it worked perfect. Now with milder temperatures it is just great. My skin has a bit of a glowing touch and it looks as if my skin is really well hydrated when I wear the cream only. The sample lasted me two weeks with a daily use in the morning. I purchased another sample and will use that. I am really at the point where I will buy this as a full size once I used up the other sample. The price is expensive, I gave it a 4. I know there are products out there which are more expensive. The overall rating is a 5 for me. So far it is the best product that I had on my skin.

on 12/7/2012 4:37:00 PM

A general user of the La Mer line and a big fan of the original creme, I do love this new soft cream. It really leaves a beautiful glow, no greasy feel at all. I use it mostly in the day under makeup and my skin is soft. At night in the winter, I will stay with the original. I have combo skin, the beginnings of wrinkles and I see a huge improvement with this whole line.

on 12/5/2012 3:42:00 PM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

I love this cream! I can finally reap the benefits of La Mer. I've tried the original cream (which was too greasy for me) and the lotion (which seemed to make me break out and make my face itchy). I have dermatitis and extremely sensitive skin where I get weird rashes and my skin peels/flakes off from alot of skincare products. Anyways, the soft cream does not irritate my skin! In fact, it makes it soo soft and dewy. It hydrates it perfectly. I have combo skin which gets super dry on my chin, mouth, and nose area during the winter. This cream is still pretty thick, yet it feels like its penetrating into my skin and actually helps moisturize the dry parts of my face, at the same time keeping my tzone area non oily. Usually by 2pm, my tzones are really oily where I have to blot. With this cream, I no longer need to blot.

I have fairly good skin (except for the dermatitis). I am 33 with no wrinkles so I can't really say if its helping with wrinkles and anti anging as it claims to do. But I love the way it makes my skin feel and look. And it does help with the redness and it makes my pores seem smaller. At $150/ounce, I dont think it's super expensive. I've used Guerlain, Chantecaille, SKII, and La Prairie in the past, which are priced at the same range, if not more. And if you break it down, its less than $2 a day which I think is worth paying, instead of paying for a face lift when I am older and wrinkly.

on 9/14/2012 5:58:00 PM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Cool

I received a couple of samples of this a few days ago. I love the original la mer cream. I buy it again and again even though I can't afford it. I find it to be the best moisturizer for me (dry, acne/clog prone skin) without any actives (I have tried a lot). the new soft cream version is lovely. it sinks right into my skin without having to warm it up to be able to spread it like the original one, I just press it in and my skin is plump, moisturized and glowy. I will probably buy the soft cream next spring since I know that its moisturizing action won't be enough for me during winter time, especially around my eyes (I use retinol and aha products to fight aging and I need extra moisture there since they can get terribly dry) but during the warmer months I guess it would be fabulous. also, if you're looking for a great hydrating mask, check out nuxe masque frais hydrant, my new favorite. the first hydrating mask that actually does something for me.

update: I love this. I have purchased the 30ml tub a week after I finished the sample because I missed it so much. it is very moisturizing but without the greasiness which some people might confuse with hydration.. I think it will be enough for this winter in berlin. good stuff. and a little still goes a long way.

I was looking for a night moisturizer. I m glad that I found this one. This cream has a light texture and absorbs easily. I have oily and sensitive skin.This cream didn't irritate my skin and didnt cause any break outs. As a day moisturizer I m using LA MER Oil Absorbing Lotion which I love as well. Definitely would purchase this cream again!