e.l.f. Cosmetics Tone Correcting Powder

e.l.f. Cosmetics Tone Correcting Powder
Tone Correcting PowderTone Correcting PowderTone Correcting Powder

4.2

Talc, Mica, Hydrogenated Polyisobutene, Nylon-12, Silica, Dimethicone, Zinc Stearate, Triacontanyl PVP, Sodium DehydroacetateMay Contain: Titanium Dioxide (CI 77891), Iron Oxides (CI 77491, CI 77492, CI 77499), Red 7 lake (CI 15850), Ultramarines (CI 77007)

on 3/25/2013 9:45:00 PM

So I bought this because (besides the incredibly cheap price) I have a lot of blotchy red areas on my face and was hoping this would help even out my skin if layered on top of my foundation. It is a decent sized compact with large mirror and has four colored sections of powder: yellow, pale blue, pale green and pink.

This product worked as a good setter for my foundation and did get rid of any sleek areas on my face when applied with a fluffy brush. However I just didn't feel like it did any tonal correcting. Maybe I should try it with a kabuki brush swirled around, but I tried to swirl it around with my powder brush and I didn't really notice any differences in the tone of my skin.

on 3/21/2013 6:42:00 PM

Great product with outstanding shine control at a super low price. If ELF disclosed all the ingredients on their website, then this is also a quite healthy product.

on 3/17/2013 8:58:00 AM

Skin: Dry, Medium, Warm

This works great and I couldn't believe it was only $3.00! Comes in a good sized compact with full mirror. Glad I found this!

I really love elf products. this was only 3$ and it's amazing! I bought it as an impulse buy, it looked nice because I have redness problems and for only three bucks it was so worth it. I put it on after my foundation and concealer, and i see a difference immediately. it stays all day too. I usually top that with a mineral veil too.

on 3/12/2013 11:53:00 PM

This stuff is great, I always use it to set my foundation. I just swipe my kabuki brush in the entire thing and mix all of the colours together on my face in a swirling motion. I have it in the colour "cool". My skin is pretty oily and I feel like this helps absorb the oil and it keeps me less oily throughout the day. I used to use loose white powder to set my foundation but I switched to this because its just soo much easier. The packaging is also great, I keep it in my makeup bag and it never opens. If my skin starts looking oily, I just touch up with this and it gives me a nice refreshed look. For $3 you can't go wrong!

Hair: Brown, Curly, Fine

I purchased this in my search for a cheaper alternative to UD De-slick mattifying powder.

It's okay as a setting powder but the colors aren't really tone correcting. The pan has squares of yellow, blue, pink and green tinged powder. Maybe I'm just not using it correctly but I think the colors are too pigmented.

The compact is really, really nice though. It is sturdy plastic and it's a really good size, considering the price especially.

This is a nice powder that helps even out your skin tone! Only three dollars and great sleek packaging. Nice for a quick light coverage powder. Almost like a powder tinted moisturizer!

on 2/19/2013 6:59:00 PM

Skin: Normal, Medium, Warm

Thought I should submit a review for this product since I enjoy it enough to have bought a backup from ELF during their free shipping event. For a very inexpensive powder, the quality is great! I love that it is not matte, yet it does not leave your face looking powdery. I have read people commenting that it can leave their face looking pasty white, which can happen if you are heavy handed. This is common to a lot of ELF products, you can only pick up a little of the powder at a time and blend it in.

I use my ELF kabuki brush to first blot on the powder, then I slowly work it into my face in a circular motion. I am very lucky as my face is quite blemish free so I just use concealer and powder (no foundation).

on 2/4/2013 9:39:00 AM

This is a really terrific setting powder! I like to use this over my foundation because it's a little too dark for me. I'm extremely fair skinned so after using my foundation I put this on top and it sets my foundation and balances out the darker shade of my foundation. It's also extremely finely milled so it doesn't like cakey or make my skin look dry at all. This would be my HG if it had a little more coverage, but it's still definitely a staple for me! Packaging is sleek and compact like everything else from the Elf Studio Line. At only $3 it's definitely worth trying out.

on 1/21/2013 3:20:00 PM

I love this product! It's cheap, and the packaging is nice too. I use it as an overall setting powder, and it does brighten up my face, and I just love it! I will definitely repurchase this.