e.l.f. Cosmetics Tone Correcting Powder

e.l.f. Cosmetics Tone Correcting Powder
Tone Correcting PowderTone Correcting PowderTone Correcting Powder

4.2

Talc, Mica, Hydrogenated Polyisobutene, Nylon-12, Silica, Dimethicone, Zinc Stearate, Triacontanyl PVP, Sodium DehydroacetateMay Contain: Titanium Dioxide (CI 77891), Iron Oxides (CI 77491, CI 77492, CI 77499), Red 7 lake (CI 15850), Ultramarines (CI 77007)

on 12/27/2013 1:36:00 PM

Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Coarse

Update: I've repurchased this multiple times so I think I can bump the rating up to a 5. It's a better powder than many of the other drugstore and even a few of the high-end brands. Like I said earlier, it's not going to work miracles, but it does help even things out a touch and prolong the life of your foundation.

**************************

Let's be realistic here: don't expect this to work miracles on the most ruddy/shallow/uneven/pale skin. At most, the powder may take the edge off of things, but it's not going to convert the most problematic skin tones to smooth, glowing porcelain. It does apply smoothly and blends easily without too much chalkiness; however, darker skin tones may find it's too light for them. It absorbs shine for most of the day, though I will disclose that I use primers underneath my foundation.

Still, for $3, you can't go wrong. It's a worthwhile purchase from e.l.f.

Skin: Oily, Medium, Warm

Hair: Black, Wavy, Other

I just started using the tone correcting powder in cool and for me well I can't really tell a difference but I do love using this just as a finishing powder.then a correcting powder. Makes my skin matte which I need since I have oily skin.

I like the tone correcting powders in general. I like the idea of the multi-colour blends. I started out using the tone correcting mineral wear compact by Physicians Formula and then bought this one when that ran. I thought for the price it might be a good substitute.

It really isn't nearly as lovely. I would take the Phys Form product any day BUT for what this is, its a decent powder. I find it more useful in mattifying and locking in my concealer than actually correcting anything, and its lasting power is fairly short. But for the price, I think its worth a try to see how you like it and what it does for your skin.
If I didnt like the Physician's Forumla version so much better, I think I'd like the E.L.F version more.

on 11/30/2013 12:48:00 PM

I have this in Shimmer. It has micro glitters that give a subtle glow to the skin without making you look glittery. I use it as a highlighter on the high points and sometimes all over if I want a dewy finish to my skin. The product is quite powdery but applies nicely and doesn't look powdery on the skin. It's also very sheer, so I wouldn't rely on this to even out your skin tone. For the price, I think it's a great subtle highlighter if you're looking for a cheaper alternative to the Hourglass Ambient powders.

Skin: Sensitive, Medium, Not Sure

I own both the Cool and Warm versions of this powder. I can tell you that there isn't much of a difference between the two color wise. As, the Warm version is only a tiny bit warmer in tone than the original version. And, both versions do act the same on the face.

Sometimes I will use this under foundation. While other times, I will opt to use it over foundation. It doesn't do a whole lot of balancing of one's skin tone. But, it does work quite well at helping to keep one's face matte.

I don't consider it to be one of this must-have products. As, I actually only use it whenever I get the desire to do so. And, with this powder, it really will cause your face to take upon a lighter look to it in tone. So, I always have to be very careful whenever I use this powder on my face.

Hair: Blond, Curly, Medium

Great finishing powder and I'm quite picky about what works for my skin. It's $3 and you get a TON of product for the price I'm super impressed. I have mild redness from acne scars and this powder neutralizes them when I swirl the green/yellow shades together with my elf studio powder brush! Overall I'm very happy with how my skin looks when I use this and it's been getting a lot of play lately over other powders that I own. Minus one lippy due to the fact it's rather messy and powdery in texture, but not a dealbreaker by any means. Reduces shine and color corrects for a couple bucks you must try<3

on 8/12/2013 11:24:00 PM

So, I've repurchased this product for the pure fact that I needed a powder to go over my foundation to reduce shine. Whether it works or not, I'd like to think it does. I adore elf's studio packaging for the pure fact that it strongly resembles that of NARS. As far as tone correcting, I can tell a bit of a difference. This is my first tone correcting product, so I don't have much to compare it to. But, as a powder to reduce shine, it works wonderfully! I would recommend it, especially for only being $3!

This powder is very good for the price. It doesn't color correct very well but it keeps my oil at bay. When I dust it lightly over my foundation it makes my skin look flawless. If you use a heavy hand you will look ashy. The only reason I gave it four stars is because it is very soft. One drop and you have a thousand little chunks of powder!

on 8/4/2013 7:39:00 PM

I love this powder it has become my holy grail setting powder and I have tried many, I am not sure it corrects tone but it is a great setting powder for Foundation or tinted moisturizer I use loose minerals to set my BB cream but everything else I use this powder

I have a lot of redness around my nose and this stuff did not help with it AT ALL. It may just be that I have to much redness for it to cover up but I just did not like this product. The only real pros it has is the price and packaging. You get what you for with this product.