e.l.f. Cosmetics Tone Correcting Powder

e.l.f. Cosmetics Tone Correcting Powder
Tone Correcting PowderTone Correcting PowderTone Correcting Powder

4.2

Talc, Mica, Hydrogenated Polyisobutene, Nylon-12, Silica, Dimethicone, Zinc Stearate, Triacontanyl PVP, Sodium DehydroacetateMay Contain: Titanium Dioxide (CI 77891), Iron Oxides (CI 77491, CI 77492, CI 77499), Red 7 lake (CI 15850), Ultramarines (CI 77007)

on 5/7/2014 8:29:00 AM

Hair: Brown, Curly, Medium

I bought this product 2 weeks ago and loved it! I used it as my under-liquid powder for the Wayne Goss method and it really made my face look flawless. I swirled my brush around the entire pan, unless I had extra redness where I used more green than anything. The powder is very fluffy and silky and soft, but unfortunately because of that, it broke very easily. Thankfully the green and yellow didn't (which is what I use mostly) but the blue and pink shades are gone :( Thankfully it's a cheap product so I plan on going back to the store to pick up another one.

on 4/26/2014 5:35:00 PM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Cool

Hair: Blond, Straight, Coarse

Even though I'm a MAC NW23 I buy this in cool, as it complements my often blotchy skin tone and undertones. I've used the Tone Correcting Powder for over a year now. It is my go-to setting powder for BB creams, and it works wonderfully to give me a finished matte look. The powder has a silky smooth texture. I apply it with my E.L.F. Essential Powder Brush all over my face, and neck blending out well. The staying power is always impressive, and it does not settle into my fine lines. I often feel as though it blurs imperfections. No, it does not completely hide or cover-up age spots, freckles, redness, veins, or the like. It does appear to minimize the look of my pores, brightens and mattifies my overly oily lack-luster skin. It does not feel heavy, as some pressed powders seem to do. I tend to have sensitive skin and this powder does not irritate my skin in any way. I love that this is only $3.00 at a Nt Wt of 0.47 oz . It's well worth your money! Just, please be realistic this is not the Coastal Scents Eclipse Palette, if your looking for a total concealer/ camouflage (which is how some of these reviews sound) then this is not going to work for you. I, myself, will definitely purchase the Tone Correcting Power again, and again!!

This powder does not work very well as a tone correcting powder (it does a little but not much), however it is the BEST setting powder especially for $3. And it even lasts for a good while.

after reading reviews here, i bought the product as more of a setting powder than an actual tone correcting powder like people suggested. i love it! i love the convenient packaging and how it doesn't lool cakey on my skin. my HG drugstore powder was rimmel stay matte powder (which i still like), but i find this e.l.f one is less cakey over my foundation.

on 1/23/2014 2:10:00 PM

A long time ago I used the guerlain meteorites and I loved them. I saw this and decided to give it a try. It does a little correcting but is pretty powdery and if you are not careful you will get a "white mask" I have used this as my on the go setting powder and it works very well. It's silky and soft and goes on the the HG powders but it's in a compact solid form. Plus it gives a hint of color which is better than the complete translucent powder.

The compact is sturdy. It doesn't come with or have room for a brush but I can carry a travel brush that will take care of that.

I will probably purchase again!

Skin: Dry, Medium, Not Sure

I ordered this in cool from the e.l.f. website a couple weeks ago. This doesn't seem to offer much tone correcting, and it works averagely as a setting powder. It is very soft, but gives too powdery a finish for my liking. The only thing I love is the sturdy black high end-looking packaging with a fantastic full sized mirror inside. Overall, ehhhh....nothing special.

I can't tell if this does correct skin tones because I wear it over foundation but I feel like it does control shine.

on 1/2/2014 2:48:00 AM

Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Cool

Honestly, I got this because I wanted to try a corecting powder but did not expect any real results. I got this in cool and I am NW20. So far the colors don't really "correct" the redness I have in spots or sallow spots, under eye circles, etc. It just dims them. This is more suited as a setting powder like the other reviewers suggest. If you use it for that it is nice and does take the edge off the uneven tones.

What I do with it is use it in place of a setting powder when I am rushing (nice compact for your bag) and use it when I am using just concealer and nothing else. Just using it with concealer days gives my face a more even look without foundation.

I hope this helps.

on 12/30/2013 11:15:00 PM

Started off with the cool powder, liked it. I did use colors on targeted areas and then dusted more on my face and it did the job of any powder- set and made it look nicer. I hit pan, and then got the warm powder ($1.50 on offer) because I'm an NC20. Still prefer the cool because the Warm has little tiny shimmers in it and I don't like that in a setting powder, but it's barely noticeable. I'll use both up, and move on to other powders. (I use others, too.) For $3, I would still recommend it to anyone looking for an inexpensive powder to try.

on 12/28/2013 11:15:00 PM

Skin: Dry, Fair, Neutral

Hair: Brown, Wavy, Coarse

For $3, this makes a very nice setting powder for fair skintones. I am NW15 in MAC with normal-dry skin, and this works nicely for me as a light setting powder. This doesn't work miracles in the tone correcting department, and it probably would not work well for darker skintones. If you have major issues it won't fix or cover them, but I primarily use this as a setting powder in my travel kit, and for that, it works great. I would definitely repurchase.