Lancôme La Vie Est Belle Eau de Parfum

Filtered by age: 36-43
Lancôme La Vie Est Belle Eau de Parfum

3.3

Skin: Dry, Tan, Warm

I have well over two hundred fragrances in my collection and have used up or given away or sold off probably twice as many as that over the years. They range from the corniest celebrity frags to Jicky and Bond No.9's. I am NOT in the 'you should only wear perfume that is appropriate for your age' camp.
What does that mean??? It's scent, not short shorts. Do you tell children they have to stick to sugary food and leave the asparagus for when they're older? Do you take ice cream away from old ladies because 'everyone' knows that stuff's for kids? My God.
Now, I DO get that there might be times and places where a fragrance might not be welcome...hospitals, close offices, etc. I try not to wear any if I know I'm gonna see my mom 'cause she gets migraines. And so on. But being too old to wear a gourmand? No.
This scent is sweet, and on me it is mostly all sweet; the jasmine and iris never really show themselves...the closest to not-sweet is that I get a little patch-tobacco (tobacco in a good way).
It is not a bold, groundbreaking scent; it's office appropriate. Nothing wrong with that.
What I use this for is to layer with Shalimar when I want to wear Shalimar in places similar to what I described above. Shalimar is 'too much' sometimes for noses used to Marc Jacobs Daisy or Pink Sugar 24/7. (I have both those too, I'm just saying).
One spray of La Vie est Belle over one spray of Shalimar and people are stalking me through Ulta/Barnes & Noble/Nordstroms to finally ask what I have on when they can't figure it out. They actually complement each other wonderfully.
For this reason I would buy it again, because I love Shalimar and love people to start entertaining the idea that they could wear it. ( they'll graduate to loving it on its own if they give it that first chance). Try it.
If you like Jimmy Choo/Coco Mademoiselle/Flowerbomb you'd like this. If you DONT like those because they're a hair too sweet but you do like sweet, try this. It's very nice.

on 12/29/2014 12:13:00 AM

This scent is sexy & feminine. It doesn't last all day for me. It generally wears off after about 4-6 hours. This is a heavier scented perfume however I like that for fall & winter.

on 11/30/2014 9:53:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Other, Not Sure

I love this perfume and I am a perfume freak. It is the only sent the people follow me around in stores and ask what I am wearing.

on 8/7/2014 8:52:00 PM

Skin: Other, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

Way too strong and mature. The body lotion is better. But this one is not wearable tome. It is moderately expensive but the bottle is a masterpiece. I think the only way to describe this perfume is NOT LIGHT. It is pretty but it needs to be diluted down. It is nothing special. I find it rather generic. Having said that I would not turn down a free bottle and I have turned down many free bottles.

on 12/9/2013 8:22:00 PM

This perfume falls into the Flowerbomb...Jimmy Choo family. If you do not like those perfumes, this will not be the right fragrance for you. I love the bottle and think they did a great job with presentation. I love this perfume for the first few hours. After that, something about it does not sit well with me at all. Perfumes do not smell the same on everyone so I don't think the same will happen to everyone. It ends up smelling very baby powder like on me. I just don't know how to explain it...only that I just don't like it after a while. You will definitely get compliments and people will ask what you have on. I definitely recommend requesting a sample and trying it out before you commit to buying. I will definitely go through the bottle but would not repurchase it again.

on 10/25/2013 2:02:00 PM

I am lucky enough to live on the US/Canadian border so I buy my perfumes at the Duty Free Shops on both sides of the border at truly amazing prices. For example I purchased today Forbidden Euphoria /3.4 ounces/ by Calvin Klein for the unbelievable price of $64.50 and Eternity Summer/3.4 ounces/ by Calvin Klein for $ 49.60.Thus being said ,I was really looking forward to try on LVEB, as I was obsessed with the bottle. This is like, the prettiest perfume bottle I have ever seen, so classy and elegant. However, when I sniffed the tester card ,it felt like I've got a punch in the face........ I must have made an instant grimace of repulsion. This fragrance is so sickly sweet, sugary and cloying......I could not sense patchouli notes, just loudly pronounced burned sugar with a flowery twist. Some people here compared it to Flower Bomb by Victor & Rolf, so I sniffed the Flower Bomb too. Ouch! Too heavy, overpowering and powdery flowery. I don't think both fragrances are similar , their only similarity is that they are both nauseatingly strong and intense scents, almost suffocating. So if you like to make a statement by smelling like a woman from a Turkish harem or a Burlesque dancer, these both perfumes are the way to go. But not for me. I love beautifully made,elegant, understated scents that are pleasure to wear both for me and the people around me. So, Thumbs Down for LVEB. Too bad, I really wanted to like it , the bottle is gorgeous.

on 10/9/2013 5:41:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Neutral

beautiful smell! receive lots of complements when I wear it.

on 10/1/2013 7:58:00 PM

I love this lovely floral girly scent. So romantic! This scent is sooo me! The salesperson gave me a scent strip and i kept it in my bag compartment tog with my iphone. When i took out my phone i got whiffs of it and i really liked this. I gonna get this... altho its really expensive!... But since it lasted in my bag all day im sure a little goes a long way...

on 9/1/2013 7:05:00 AM

Fruity & floral. Sweet & feminine. Yummy & LONG-LASTING. My day-to-day fragrance is Burberry Brit, but when I want to wear something a little "nicer", this is what I put on. And I don't need to use much at all because this fragrance is powerful (it's very easy to overdo it.) I have a bottle of the L'eau de Parfum, and just as an object it it gorgeous- I love the packaging. Heavy glass with a ribbon around the neck of the bottle.

But I love the scent even more, I always get tons of compliments when I wear this. Will repurchase in the future, definitely.

EDIT: Have changed the rating from 5 to a 4 because I decided that the EDP version is a bit too heavy and patchouli-ish, lacks the sparkliness of the EDT. The patchouli note is still present in the EDT version but not quite so much. Still love it though, I just prefer the EDT.

on 8/31/2013 2:55:00 PM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Warm

This has become my favourite fragrance. Someone at work has said it's chocolatey. It's strong enough to last all day yet not overpoweringly strong. I love the simple elegant bottle & adore the sparkly white box. Expensive but worth it