Annabelle bb cream

Annabelle bb cream

3.7

I have had a couple of weeks to test this product and feel that I have a good grasp of what it claims to do, and what it actually does do. This new product by Annabelle is closer to an Asian BB Cream than most of its Western counterparts available today. This product claims to improve skintone and blur imperfections, bring radiance, minimize the look of pores, control shine, provide hydration and protection against UVB rays.

I have to say that I am quite impressed with this, especially seeing that it a drugstore brand and sold at a reasonable price. This retails for $16.99 and is packaged in a sleek black squeeze tube, with a clear strip to show approximate shade (although it does have skin-matching blendable pigments). You get 1.4oz of product rather than your standard 1oz of foundation.

I have this in the shade Light/Medium which matches perfectly with my NC25 skintone. Fair skin ladies may have a hard time, as the base colour seen in the tube won't get any lighter.

I generally have an oily tzone with normal to dry cheeks and have found this to work well. This applies like a thin cream, and dries to a slightly tacky, but matte finish. I like to add a highlighter or sometimes concealer under my eyes, and then set with a loose powder. With the summer heat, and this products hydrating benefits, I'm sure I would be an oily mess without the powder. Currently I do have to blot at the 5 hour mark, but results may change as the seasons do.

This did even out my skin, provide moisture and minimize the looks of the pores on my nose, but did not offer much in terms of controlling the shine on my forehead, nor did it seem to give me any glow and radiance, hence the two lippies off (in addition to lack of shades).

My bet is that this would work well on normal to dry skinned ladies/men, and best for oily skinned girls in the colder months, when your skin generally requires hydration.

Darker skinned ladies/gents will have to look elsewhere, as this is only available in two shades and the darker shade is not that much darker.

This line is also accompanied by a BB powder (a brightening setting powder---has a slight sheen), a concealer (available in 3 shades, quite pigmented, reminds me of Revlon photoready concealer) and a line eraser/highlighter pencil (white end applies clear and fills in lines/wrinkles with a silicone-type product and other end is like Anastasia's brow highlighter).

Skin: Acne-prone, Tan, Not Sure

Annabelle's is my first BB cream and I couldn't be happier! I purchased the Med/Dark and it looks great on my NC35 skin. It replaces my moisturizer, sunscreen, primer and foundation. Olive skinned beauties, give this one a try!

It may be a negative for some but I chose this one over it's well reviewed sister product, Marcelle's BB cream, because of its subtle yellow tone, which is perfect for my Asian skin with redness problems. It's nice to see a cover up product that doesn't have hint of the rosy tone.

Instead of using my Aveeno Brightening Moisturizer followed by my Bare Minerals, I apply about a dime size amount of BB cream with clean hands, patting the product into my skin before using a sweeping to blend it in. Since I have a great deal of redness and acne scars, I use an additional half dime size amount to go over my nose and cheeks. I love the medium coverage and how silky my skin looks afterwards. Since I have dark under eye circles, I pat on a tiny bit of MUFE (6) concealer and top off with my Korres mineral setting powder. This product performed great for my 12 hour day. However, I do have to do a powder touch up mid day, that hasn't changed.

Also important: this product is oil free, no parabens, has SPF and has not broken me out!

There was a $2 off coupon at Shoppers so I picked this up for $14.99, very affordable compared to most bb creams and high performing tinted moisturizers out there (I'm looking at you Laura Mercier).

Reference: MAC NC35, MUFE 127 HD Foundation, Bare Minerals Golden Medium

pros: decent coverage (for a us bbcream), pigmented, smooth, matte finish
cons: yellow toned, cakey, streaky application

this was not the right color for me, and not by darkness but it is VERY yellow toned. i am a neutral skintone and usually within the first 3 shades of a foundation color, this was ok shadewise but tone it was WAY off. it left finger prints when i blended it into my skin, the coverage was light/medium but it looked heavy on the skin. it made my skin look fake, and i don't mean that to say flawless,, just unreal. it settled into any larger pores i had, and it left an overall appearance that i would liken to the heavy cream foundations you would use on a corpse to give them normal looking skin with blood pumping into it. i wouldn't buy this especially not at the 13$ pricetag. for a drugstore product it is more expensive than the maybelline and and loreal ones i have seen. it did have a nice matte-ish finish but it didnt match at all. also a bit of a strange application, when you rub it in vigorously (trying to smooth out the obvious streaking) it actually seemed to become more pigmented and even more yellow looking. a little does go a long way with this one though.