MAC Prep + Prime BB Beauty Balm SPF 35

Filtered by skin tone : Fair
MAC Prep + Prime BB Beauty Balm SPF 35
MAC BBPrep + Prime BB Beauty Balm SPF 35

3.5

Active Ingredients: Octinoxate 7.40%, Octisalate 4.00%, Oxybenzone 2.50%, Titanium Dioxide 1.10%, Zinc Oxide 3.50% Other Ingredients: Water/Aqua/Eau, Dimethicone, Butylene Glycol, Phenyl Trimethicone, Pentylene Glycol, Glyceryl Sterate, Behenyl Alcohol, Trioctyldodecyl Citrate, Polymethylsilsesquioxane, Octyldodecyl Stearoyl Stearate, PEG-40 Stearate, Polyglyceryl-10 Pentastearate, Octyldodecyl Neopentanoate, Tocopheryl Acetate, Caffeine, Glycyrrhetinic Acid, Urea, Sodium Hyluronate, Squalane, Hordeum Vulgare (Barley) Extract,/Extrait D’orge, Triticum Vulgare (Wheat) Germ Extract, Laminaria Saccharina Extract, Glycerin, Lecithin, Polyglyceryl-6 Polyricinoleate, Cholesterol, Trehalose, Sodium PCA, Oryzanol, Ammonium Acryloydimethyltaurate/VP Copolymer, Sucrose, Sodium Stearoyl Lactylate, Xanthan Gum, Polyquaternium-51, Isopropyl Titanium Triisosterate, Silica, Aluminum Stearate, Linoleic Acid, Stearic Acid, Pentaerythrityl Tetra-Di-T-Butyl Hydroxyhydrocinnamate, Disodium EDTA, Phenoxyethanol, Chlorphensin, Sodium Dehydroacetate, Mica, Iron Oxides (CI 77491, CI 77492, CI 77499), Titanium Dioxide (CI 77891)

on 10/11/2014 10:44:00 AM

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Cool

This is my first experience with a "foundation" from MAC. I wanted to be colored matched and the gal at MAC was like: BB cream is for you. I matched as Light Plus (that's me with a tan...so I'm fair)

I love this BB cream. I would say it's medium coverage, but buildable. Seldom do I need to add concealer...except when I have a zit that needs a little more coverage. I apply with either my fingers, beauty blender or even with my foundation brush. I love how it looks regards of which technique I used to apply.

I use this with primer, either Hourglass, Smashbox or It Cosmetics. Wear all day at work. I use Tarte's setting powder over this BB cream.

Applies smoothly without tugging at that skin. Sets/dries quickly and doesn't break me out. I do find I like this when my skin isn't behaving due to coverage.

on 8/20/2014 9:29:00 PM

I always want to love MAC products I reallllly do. However, I just can't seem to love this. I've tried it with different moisturisers underneath and it always looks the same : amazing at first, grey coverage with a dewy glow. After a while, and by that I mean 2 hours, the whole thing has slid off of my face. It was my first BB cream and will probably be my last, not impressed. The coverage wasn't great, and there is no way I would put it under foundation as the sales assistant suggested. When I tried doing that it just made the foundation difficult to spread. It's fine if you want something with little to no coverage that you only need to wear for a few hours of the day, but as a staying power product forget about it, it just doesn't work. Flawless skin is what's needed to wear this cream comfortably. I used the entire tube because I didn't want to waste the money, but I would never repurchase.

This was the first BB cream and MAC product I ever used, and I was thoroughly disappointed. I have very sensitive/acne prone skin and wanted to try a lightweight/non pore clogging/ light coverage product that I can wear on a daily basis without having to take too much time to apply (at work all day) and without a full on foundation look.

Dispite my acne-prone skin I have NEVER had an issue with makeup settling in my pores- in fact I didn't even really know what that issue was until this product. Whether applied with a sponge, brush or my fingers, product applied so patchy, did not blend, and built up in pores. I used primer before, primer+moisturizer, and nothing really helped, and added to my overall routine which I was looking to simplify with a BB cream. So much- that I ended up just washing it off and using my normal products. The best way I found was with my fingers.

After using a few times, where I was usually disappointed with how it looked on my face, I would cover with some sort of powder to look normal, I broke out. Now I have extremely sensitive skin, so not saying this will happen to everyone - but to people with acne-prone skin- just try another product.

Did nothing to perfect skin, did not help with oil control.

Not bad! I use this product in extra light and it is nearly perfect for my skin. Blends well with a light amount of moisture. I do layer a moisturizer underneath this product for my normal to dry skin type. If this product was slightly more liquidy and had less yellow tones and more pink tones to it I would be hopelessly in love with it. Would I buy it again? Likely, its the nicest I've found for my skin so far, although I've found something else I plan to try once this bottle is empty. My twin sister uses a product made by Tarte called Amazonian Clay BB Tinted Moisturizer with a 20 SPF in Fair Agent 00 for porcelain/fair skin with pink undertones. I used some when I stayed at her house and I was impressed by its tone, moisture deposit and liquidness!!

on 6/6/2014 3:54:00 PM

Skin: Very Oily, Fair, Neutral

6 Jun, 25 Celsius, sun, summer-like hot: I am writing a review after wearing this BB cream for 11 hr. I have to say I am utterly pleased with the performance of this cream. I primed my skin with Afrodita skin care line for oily skin (cream and serum). Upon the initial application of the BB Cream my minor imperfections were covered, skin's surface looked smoother and the present redness was less prominent. My skin looked natural, healthy and as I always wanted it to look: pretty. I so wish a day could come when I will not have to bother myself with foundations/BB creams/tinted moisturizers. I haven't set the cream with a powder, touched up during the day nor have I blotted my skin. As the day passed the cream started to fade, but nevertheless it looked still nice. Now, 11 hr after, there is no BB cream left on my nose and there is some redness present around my nose on the cheek area. The BB cream stayed put on my forehead, cheeks and chin. The overall look of my face, after those 11 hours, is still nice - like I am having a good skin day.

I would recommend this BB cream to any skin type. I got only one pimple (could be due the hot weather and sebum since I haven't cleaned my face for half a day) and haven't got any cystic acne or allergic reaction. This BB cream performed well and lived up to my expectations. Though it is pricey I think I may repurchase it when I run out of it - if I manage to find a MAC store. This BB cream offers very light to light coverage. A good budget dupe is Bourjois BB cream which offers slightly more coverage.

The color is neutral and for the first time it matches my natural skintone so good that it is unbelievable. I have a slightly yellow undertone and pink/peach/beige looks horrible on me.

My color matches: Bourjois 123 51/31, Bobbi Brown 02 Sand, MAC PLW NC20. I bought Light Plus.

on 5/20/2014 7:03:00 PM

I think this is a really nice BB cream. It gives pretty good coverage and looks natural. It doesn't feel heavy or greasy, either. Lasts a while, too. I think it has buildable coverage so you can really conceal trouble spots while leaving other spots with a thinner layer.

First BB cream I ever tried. I like the packaging and the fact that it packs sun protection. However, it doesn't have very good lasting power. It becomes greasy early on and if I apply powder it accents my pores. I'm not sure why all the good reviews because the coverage is light to medium light and this is definitely not buildable, unless of course you want your pores to show through. I would not recommend nor would I buy again.

on 3/18/2014 1:36:00 AM

I loved this product when I first tried it, it made my skin look so fantastic that I bought one for my sister as well. However, after wearing it for only one week, I broke out with deep cyst like acne on my cheeks. I've broken out before, but never on my cheeks so this was very strange. I saw my sister a week later & her skin was terribly broken out as well. I was shocked to see how bad it was. We're both in out 30's now, and our skin hadn't looked that bad since we were teenagers. To make sure the bb cream was really the culprit, I waited for my skin to clear up & tried it again. After only two days, the acne flared up again. I rarely break out from anything, so I can't even imagine what this could do to someone with acne prone skin. If you're looking for a light, natural foundation, I recommend Make Up For Ever Face & Body. It provides a fresh radiant look without the clogged pores. I love MAC so it pains me to say this, but in my opinion this is a terrible product.

Skin: Oily, Fair, Not Sure

I purchased this product after deciding my MAC Pro-longwear foundation was just a little too heavy for what I was looking for. I used this product for weeks before finally deciding against it. At first, I loved it! I felt it had the perfect coverage that was just right for my skin. After a few weeks I began noticing it settling into my lines (laugh lines). I also felt it never really settled onto my skin. It moved around a lot, I couldn't wipe my face with the slightest pressure without leaving an obvious mark on my face. I found that it also broke out my acne-prone skin, which isn't really that hard to do, but I didn't need/want this contributing to the problem. I feel that if your skin was more dry, and not as acne prone, you may love this BB cream, but for me, it was a bust.

Skin: Other, Fair, Not Sure

I don't use much much anymore because i find it too heavy. This made my skin break out terribly. I haven't used it in 6 days and my skin is still suffering for the few days I used it. But when I did you it i really like the coverage it gave.