Lancôme Effacernes Waterproof Protective Undereye Concealer

Lancôme Effacernes Waterproof Protective Undereye Concealer
Effacernes Waterproof Protective Undereye Concealer

4.2

Aqua / Water / Eau, Cyclopentasiloxane, Hydrogenated Polyisobutene, Sorbitan Isostearate, Propylene Glycol, Titanium Dioxide, Aluminum Starch Octenylsuccinate, Ozokerite, Hexylene Glycol, Maltodextrin, Mel / Honey / Miel, Magnesium Sulfate, Disteardimonium Hectorite, Aluminum Hydroxide, Stearic Acid, Disodium Stearoyl Glutamate, Diazolidinyl Urea, Acrylates Copolymer, Methylparaben, Silica, Propylparaben, Tocopherol, Disodium EDTA Urea, Chamomilla Recutita Extract / Matricaria Flower Extract, Glycosaminoglycans, Sodium Hyaluronate, Centaurea Cyanus Extract / Centaurea Cyanus Flower Extract. May Contain: CI 77891 / Titanium Dioxide, CI 77491, CI 77492, CI 77499 / Iron Oxides, Mica.

This is my HG concealer. I use the shade Light Buff, which matches me reasonably well but it's a little yellow. So I hope in the future that they will add more shades to suit everyone.

It has a thin consistency that makes it easy to blend with even just your fingers. However, despite it being so thin, you'll only need a bit so this will last a long time. I have quite pigmented dark circles, but this is capable of vanishing them in no time at all. I can attest to the claim of the concealer being long-wearing as well, it doesn't budge the moment I apply it until the end of the day. I haven't noticed any creasing or settling into lines with this product, so that's a plus. It also has a lovely matte finish too.

The only real issue I have with the concealer is that my bottle's dispenser tends to let out excess product sometimes. The concealer is on the more expensive side, so it's quite unfortunate for some of the product to go to waste.

Regardless, I would be comfortable recommending this concealer to nearly everyone. I will also be repurchasing it when it eventually runs out.

on 12/27/2015 3:32:00 AM

Skin: Dry, Fair, Cool

I have this with the beige and opaque packaging, but I think they reformulated it or have two different versions (see the other MUA review under ''Lancome Effacernes'' only to see the other packaging and reviews. This once, in tje black packaging, is really a miss for me. It was super grey and ashy, and I found it thick and soo greasy, almost impossible to set or hide. It went back to the store. I will not change my review of the beige packaging, because I still stand behind my review of this particular product, but I will say that this product in the black packaging is a miss for me.

on 11/24/2015 12:46:00 AM

Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Cool

I can't believe I waited so long to try this! It blends beautifully and works great under eyes. It really is crease proof and lasted all day, I didn't even need to powder it to set it! This is some really HG concealer as far as I'm concerned!

on 10/16/2015 1:30:00 AM

Skin: Combination, Olive, Warm

I was excited to try this after reading all of the reviews here in mua. I purchased this concealer at Shopper's here in Canada and it cost me about 40 dollars with tax, which is the same price as the MUFE concealer I was eyeing up. I'll be honest, I'm underwhelmed. I've been using it for a while and it just doesn't perform any better than any of the other concealer a I've used, and I've tried applying this multiple ways to see if I was just applying it wrong. I've tried fingers, brush, sponge, and it always seems too sheer and has an almost ashen pigment to it that makes me appear tired. I have the shade porcelain so maybe it's just the color. I do like that it's hydrating, however, as I have dry eyes and they sting when I apply anything over them (this stings too, but not as bad as others). I feel as though it's an average under eye concealer and will not be repurchasing.

on 7/19/2015 4:14:00 PM

Skin: Dry, Olive, Neutral

Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Coarse

I am a fan of this under eye concealer, I have tried several drugstore concealers and nothing compare's to the Lancme Effacernes Waterproof concealer. I have very dark under eye circle's. I love how sheer the formula is and how light it feels on the skin, I normally use a cream concealer from a pot, but love this concealer in the summer months. A tiny amount goes a long way. It is definitely worth the investment! It's a keeper in my house!

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Cool

Hair: Blond, Curly, Fine

I absolutely love this concealer. It's very comparable to the NARS Radiant Creamy Concealer, except this packaging is MUCH better (since you can get it all out). You're also only paying 2 dollars more (NARS is $29, Lancome is $31) for .52oz, while the NARS concealer is only .22oz.
The coverage is fantastic and it's easy to blend and long-lasting. I would totally repurchase over the NARS concealer, as much as I love that one too.

Skin: Oily, Fair, Cool

Hair: Brunette, Curly, Fine

This stuff is AMAZING. I've used correctors for a long time to try and hide my under eye circles. Everything I've ever used has creased and faded through the day and really caused me nothing but frustration. I purchased this through a blarg sale and I've used it every day since. I have it in Ivoire, which does a great job of covering and brightening on my N15/20 skin. This really is the best concealer I've tried and don't think I'll be straying. The tube is really large and you need such a small amount that it should last ages. The tiny nozzle on the tube is great for controlling how much product comes out. HG material for sure.

I've been searching for my hg concealer. I was about to fork over $60 on a different concealer so I'm so glad I found this gem. First, there are plenty of colors I almost couldn't choose! (It was between light bisque and the color the sales person chose for me which was porcelain, I got the bisque). Anyway, it looks fantastic, like you're not wearing anything! It blends perfectly over foundation too. I did have a good cry because of the book I was reading and it held up! I noticed someone below claimed only 4 colors, that's not the case anymore! Will repurchase!

on 3/30/2015 11:18:00 PM

Skin: Dry, Fair, Neutral

Hair: Brown, Wavy, Coarse

I thought I knew what a good concealer consisted of...and then I found this. Now I can't live without it.

This is very creamy and moisturizing, so very good for people with dry under eye areas. The finish is demi-matte and application is smooth and even. I use my ring finger to pat just a little bit under my eyes, and even on my blemishes. Just don't cake it on because it will then settle in creases. Used sparingly, it stays put perfectly. The coverage is great and it doesn't fade or transfer.

I don't mind the steep price because so very little goes such a long way. Plus, the quality is totally worth it.

on 1/21/2015 6:54:00 PM

I purchased this concealer after reading some positive reviews. I have to say that I was underwhelmed by its performance. I found it not to be waterproof, even when used with a setting powder, and it irritated the skin around my eyes. The consistency is a bit heavy for my taste - it just didn't feel right on my skin. This concealer was not cheap and after using it a few times I feel that I wasted my money.