Peter Thomas Roth Botanical Buffing Beads

Peter Thomas Roth Botanical Buffing Beads
Botanical Buffing Beads

4.1

Water, Alpha Olefin Sulfonate, Hydrogenated Jojoba Oil, Disodium Cocoamphodipropionate, Carbomer, Whole Leaf Aloe Vera, Diazolidinyl Urea, Methylparaben, Potassium Sorbate, Disodium Edta, Fragrance, Ultramarine Blue, Blue 1

on 5/21/2004 10:11:00 PM

Skin: Very Dry, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

I not sure whether I'll be repurchasing. I checked out the reviews for this product and people seemed to love this, so I bought it with high expections. It's a sort of liquidy scrub with non-abbrasive, non-jagged particles (like spheres). It's pretty expensive for such a simple scrub- $35 USD for 8 ounces. It didn't do much for me, and personally I like more abbrasive exfoliators. Also, it contains jojoba oils and beads so after you try to wash it off it still feels oily and the beads are hard to wash off. Overall, not a bad product, although it isn't that great either. I guess it would be good for those with ultra sensitive skin. I'll keep using it for another week so see whether I'm returning it or not.

UPDATE***
I ended up returning this. I just didn't see what all the hoop la was about. It didn't even exfoliate well!

Skin: Acne-prone, Other, Not Sure

These buffing beads are great. I love the way the beads slowly dissolve as you scrub leaving a foamy lather. My face felt really soft after I used them. I would reccommend using then every other to every third day.

on 3/13/2004 2:55:00 AM

Skin: Normal, Fair, Cool

The Botanical Buffing Beads contain jojoba beads in a blue aloe vera based gel. I like it, but I wish the beads were a little smaller. I prefer my Dermalogica Microfoliant to this, but use this once in a while for more of a physical exfoliation. Revised: This ended up doing nothing for exfoliation. I sold mine on eBay.

on 3/7/2004 1:23:00 AM

Skin: Oily, Other, Not Sure

The best scrub I have ever used. It really is deserving of the rave reviews here. So gentle and leaves your skin sooo soft and clean. It does leave your skin a little tight so be sure to follow with a moisturizer. I use this 3-4 nights per week without any complaints from my sensitive combo/oily skin. UPDATE: I've stopped using this as it eventually became too drying for my skin.

on 3/5/2004 12:07:00 AM

Skin: Dry, Fair, Neutral

Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Coarse

I've been using this for about a year now and am very happy with it. I use Differin, ahas/bhas, and Duac, so I don't often need to manually exfoliate, but when I do, this is the scrub I reach for. It's very gentle, not scratchy, and pretty economical in a big bottle--it also works on the body.

on 2/24/2004 10:52:00 AM

Skin: Acne-prone, Medium, Warm

This is my HG scrub! It has just the right amound of jojoba beads for the gentle sloughing that my skin needs since I am on Retin A and AHA's. Even though it's pricey, it lasts a very long time. I scrub 2 to 3 times a week. No breakouts from this whatsoever. I am on my sixth bottle!!! I hope they never discontinue this product.

I've been holding off buying the buffing beads because its so ridiculously expensive. But a nice sales assistant at Sephora gave me a generous sample and I've been hooked ever since. It has a runny, blue gel-like texture and smells like Tide but makes my skin feel like butter. I got carried away at first and used it every morning but had to cut down to twice a week because it was drying. Other than that, its an excellent product and actually helps increase the penetration of my topical AHA and BHA treatments

Skin: Acne-prone, Other, Not Sure

PTR Botanical Buffing Beads are a HG for me! It's a wonderful exfoliator and it is gentle, too. The round blue beads does an excellent job of leaving my skin silky smooth. The cincher was that it didn't cause my oily acne prone skin to breakout! :) Yeah! :) It retails for $35.

on 2/2/2004 11:55:00 PM

i could never ever find an exfoliator that was a keeper, but after the first time i used this scrub, i was amazed!

the texture is different from any other, and the granules feel magical.

rinsed off easily and left NO residue or over cleansed feeling. it felt perfect! my skin felt soo silky smooth and clean.

i have finally found the holy-grail of exfoliators!

I liked this scrub in the beginning..it's gentle and it smells nice, foams a bit too. But after a week, I started getting really clogged pores and started getting this icky residue, oh..and dry spots.

It seems to be better for men's skin, I ended up giving mine to my gay friend who absolutely loves it.