Peter Thomas Roth Botanical Buffing Beads

Peter Thomas Roth Botanical Buffing Beads
Botanical Buffing Beads

4.1

Water, Alpha Olefin Sulfonate, Hydrogenated Jojoba Oil, Disodium Cocoamphodipropionate, Carbomer, Whole Leaf Aloe Vera, Diazolidinyl Urea, Methylparaben, Potassium Sorbate, Disodium Edta, Fragrance, Ultramarine Blue, Blue 1

Great great great as a gentle exfoliator. The beads are so perfectly round, and the wash itself smells great and has a nice thick consistency to it. Its gentle enough to use everyday, I like to use it at night before I use my Dior cleanser for oily skin. I exfoliates dead skin and dirt away to make your "treatment" cleanser much more effective.

These beads are great. You cant feel the bead action but the exfoliator is in the form of sal. acid so i guess you not supposed to feel it :) The bottle is so large that it is ALMOST worth the price...even though I definatly would been happy with cheaper! It smells goood and with only using it twice a week or so this will last me forvever!

on 1/30/2009 10:35:00 PM

I was very 'meh' on this product until I developed very very sensitive skin. Now, it's the only exfoliating product I can use--it doesn't cause me to break out or leave my skin red. You might think that you need to press extra hard because the beads are so gentle, but that is NOT the case. That WILL make you red and cause you other problems if you have sensitive skin. The only downside to it is that it tends to stay in your hair/eyebrows if you don't rinse well, so I recommend using it right before going into the shower, so you can just rinse everything out. The bottle design is not really impressive--like Bliss's scrub, this one tends to get stuck and you end up having to clean it out with a toothpick. Overall, a nice product though.

on 2/6/2008 12:53:00 PM

Now normally I am the one to just read reviews and never really leave any..but I liked this product soo much that I needed to say how wonderful it is.

My skin is combination (oily and dry) and can tend to break out. I noticed my skin was getting dryer as the days went by and it was breaking out a lot. I went to Sephora and asked someone to help me find some good products (I had been buying drugstore products that seemed to stop working after 2 weeks). This was one of them. I got the $30 bottle and after almost a month with daily use, its practically still full. A little goes a long way. Its gentle enough to use daily, leaves my skin smooth and I can definitely see a difference. I recommend 100%.

on 11/21/2007 10:26:00 AM

Hair: Brunette, Curly, Coarse

EDIT: CAUTION! The androgynous packaging and cool blue color can attract closetedly magpie-type boyfriends and induce them to use Crystal Gayle shampoo-comparable amounts to scrub their face. This can lead to product loss incongruent with known consumption until perp is caught in the act. Apparently, however, it's good pre-shave, so questionably sneaky behavior by covetous Others is not without product/anthropological value to product owner.
Oh, BBB, how I love thee! This has officially replaced Origins Modern Friction as my daily (yes, daily) scrub. It's gentle, and super effective. My skin feels nice and smooth after use -- never tight, itchy, or otherwise dry. I generally use it in the morning, but on the few occasions that I've used it at night I've been perfectly comfortable without having to follow with a moisturizer )I only moisturize once daily, in the morning). I've knocked off a lippie for two combined "faults": 1. Excessive blue-ness, which I find unnecessary, and 2. Much as I love it, I do wish that the particulate were finer. I also gave it 2 lippies for price because, while it's $30 some odd dollars, I can't imagine having to repurchase anytime in the near future. And since there's so much, I don't feel bad using it on my neck and shoulders as well as my face. The price is comparable to the Modern Friction, but you get more than twice as much product -- score! And I love the squeeze bottle as opposed to a pan-type container. I don't have to stick my fingers in there, and nothing else (i.e. hair) gets into my scrub. Overall, I'm exceedingly pleased with the product and the great skin iit's left in its wake!

on 10/29/2007 10:57:00 PM

i use the anti-aging buffing beads. it has lemon, small traces of both glycolic acid and salicylic acid in it. It's gentle enough to use morning and night. i don't know if it's working miracles but my face feels really smooth after using it. i also use the antiaging cleanser from PTR.

on 8/7/2007 10:23:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Neutral

Very good scrub - does not irritate my sensitive, problem skin. I find it is really good for keeping my skin clear if you use it every few days. The only thing I don't like is the blue colour - why does it have to contain blue dye? I'm sure the dye doesn't add anything to the actual performance. Also, it's ridiculously expensive - however, it is the best scrub I've found so far, so I'll continue to buy it.

on 12/27/2006 4:27:00 PM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

I have long been a supporter of great exfoliators that should not have the texture of a true exfoliator - if that's the case, then it's too harsh and it's causing damage to your skin!! I had been using Dermalogica's daily exfoliant for the past three years but have always been disapointed with the packaging. Anyhow, this product is great = the color I'm not too fond of but other than that, it has done a great job with my sensitive skin. Especially needed during these winter months!

on 6/26/2006 2:54:00 PM

Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Coarse

Love this product!! Bought a bottle a few yrs ago, and I still have it (yes, truly, it really does last that long!!) So yeah, it's expensive, but it last ages. My only gripe is the bottle cap - the blue beads keep getting stuck in the slit. I just open the cap now - much less hassle!!

Not as harsh as Origins never a dull moment and St Ives Apricot Scrub, which I used previously. I use the botanical buffing beads as a morning facial cleanser and weekly home facials as an exfoliator. I really can't say if it will truly make a difference as a treatment exfoliator.

Have now switched to AHA/BHA exfoliation scrub, which I like. Great to use as a body scrub. I love the fact that PTR products comes in giant bottles that last ages!!

on 7/22/2005 4:29:00 PM

Skin: Dry, Other, Not Sure

I have been using this product for years and I have strayed many times to find something at a more reasonable price and have failed miserably.

For the product quality and the performance, this is the best scrub out there for your face.

Honestly, I think it is one of the best scrubs on the market today

It is not overly abrasive and works well for sensitive skin and also dry skin and also is quite effective.

I am going to stop straying and just stick with it.