Peter Thomas Roth Botanical Buffing Beads

Peter Thomas Roth Botanical Buffing Beads
Botanical Buffing Beads

4.1

Water, Alpha Olefin Sulfonate, Hydrogenated Jojoba Oil, Disodium Cocoamphodipropionate, Carbomer, Whole Leaf Aloe Vera, Diazolidinyl Urea, Methylparaben, Potassium Sorbate, Disodium Edta, Fragrance, Ultramarine Blue, Blue 1

on 12/20/2002 10:16:00 PM

Skin: Very Dry, Fair, Not Sure

Holy Grail scrub!! I'm in love with it. It is the ONLY physical exfoliant that I've used that hasn't caused irritation bumps on my cheeks. Also, I can tell when I use it that it does help my various treatments work. Huge bottle and you only need a small amount. Has a very pleasant light smell that shouldn't be a problem for most sensitive skins, since mine is super-d-duper sensitive most of the time. UPDATE: It's the end of February 2003 and I am still in love with this stuff! Yay for PTR :)

on 12/12/2002 6:53:00 PM

yep, everyone is right...this is the holy grail of scrubs!! I'm telling you, I used it the first time at night, and woke up, looked in the mirror, and was amazed at how fresh my skin looked...8 hours later!!

I have dry/sensitive skin, and this makes it just-right. I've tried all sorts of scrubs, and this is by far the most gentle, but effective!!

It is on the pricy side, $30 for the bottle, but it's a big, huge bottle that will last forever, since you dont have to use much.

I waited and waited to get this product, and now I wish I never had!

on 11/15/2002 2:38:00 PM

Great exfoliator w/o it feeling irritating like St. Ives Apricot scrub, yet effective. This can also be used as a body scrub too. It has a citrusy scent to it, not overpowering. Very gentle and lasts for a good long time, I've been using this dillegently for the past 6 months for face only and it's only at the half way mark.

on 11/11/2002 3:57:00 PM

One of Allure Magazines picks for best products, this scrub works great. It gently exfoliates, rinses clean, is non-comedogenic, and a little goes a long way. I found it worked very well on my sensitive skin with mild rosacea to get rid of the "flakes". $30 for an 8 oz. bottle, available on-line at multiple sites, including Whos The Fairest, which has great service, and fast shipping. Most Sephoras also carry it if you want to try out a sample.

on 10/31/2002 11:19:00 PM

Skin: Very Oily, Fair, Neutral

holy grail scrub for my super-duper-oily, sensitive, but breakout prone skin. a quarter size will scrub face, neck, and chest adequetely...I bought my scrub about a year ago, and I'm just finishing it...i use it on average 3 times a week, or more...

I LOVE this scrub. This stuff is heaven after using the Garden Botanika jojoba bead scrub for a few years. It's a bit expensive, but you honestly only need a little dab to get the job done. Very gentle--I can use it every other night on my sensitive, acne prone skin. Since I have sensitivity issues with AHA/BHAs, this stuff works really well for me.

on 7/26/2002 11:13:00 AM

This is my holy grail of facial scrub. I have tried many scrub and found this is it! I have combination skin which like scrub not too fine/gentle or rough. This one is just right size. It won't leave your skin dry, and really do clear clogged pores and emulsify sebum which it claims!
You only need a size of nickel each time and it really really last for a long long time! MUST TRY!

on 6/11/2001 7:02:00 PM

Skin: Dry, Other, Not Sure

Who'd thought blue jojoba beads would be so much fun? :-) Seriously, one use and you'll be hooked. It works well and I use it all over.

on 10/17/2011 10:01:00 AM

Skin: Dry, Fair, Cool

I have always liked PTR's botanical buffing beads and have used it mostly as a body scrub - it is very gentle for that. Evenly finished rounded beads are not too abrasive and provide a light to moderate amount of exfolliation. Nice scent, too.

The price put me off to this initially, but at the rate I'm going through this bottle it will last me long enough to be the most inexpensive scrub I've ever purchased.
I'm not too into manual exfoliation - I need something extremely gentle, just enough to buff away slightly dry patches and bumps, and most products are way too harsh. The level of exfoliation with this feels almost too gentle while you're using it, but the result is soft, smooth skin with no redness or irritation. It is gentle enough for daily use.
As with most scrub products, I use this is the shower to prevent the little scrubbers from hitching a ride in my hair.
Not a life changing product, but a great addition to my skin care routine.